[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you guys go innawoods alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
File: mKDyEG1.gif (2 MB, 398x248) Image search: [Google]
mKDyEG1.gif
2 MB, 398x248
How many of you guys go innawoods alone?
>>
File: FireSilhouette.jpg (913 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
FireSilhouette.jpg
913 KB, 3072x2304
all the time friend :\
>>
>>674786
Day trips or overnight?
>>
File: IMG_0080.jpg (168 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0080.jpg
168 KB, 640x431
>>674803
both. i go for woodswalks for a couple-few hours often, but a few times a year i'll do an overnighter by mahself. it used to be spoopy but now i'm used to it, except occasionally something will freak me out
>>
>>674806
Armed or nah?
>>
Used to go /out/ aline all the time. Even overnight.

Then friends begged to come with me, many times after seeing the pictures on Facebook . Now I usually go with a friend or two. It added a new dimension to it, but I miss going alone sometimes.
>>
>>674810
i always had a hatchet with me until a couple years ago when i had bear trouble. so i went-out and bought bear spray and keep it near me, even in bed. it's pepper and rather viscious so it works on everything, including hillbillies

>>674811
i go /out/ with friends about 2/3 of the time, the other 1/3 of the time i reserve for myself. you should do the same anon!
>>
File: File_000.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
I don't know about innawoods, but I certainly do a lot of campground camping alone. It's up in the mountains about 45 minutes from the city, and 15-20 minutes from a small mountain community of only a hundred or so. It's been walk-up reservation only for the last 6 months or so, and the last time I went I was the only one there... so, pretty alone I guess?

1/3 - heating up some coffee while reading a book
>>
File: File_000 (1).jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
File_000 (1).jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>674820

Camp, save for the stove, tent and some snacks I brought it was fairly sparse. Had planned on catching my dinner at the lake, which I did. A few miles walk down the road.

2/3
>>
File: File_001.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
File_001.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>674821

3/3

My view every morning. Facing east so the sun rose behind it, sunset looked great.
>>
File: stanley_cups.png (21 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
stanley_cups.png
21 KB, 460x360
>>674820
>>674821
>>674824
now this is something i've never done. alone in the woods i can handle, but i'd feel weird in a campground. mostly because i'm an asspee i guess. looks nice though. and good on ye with the stanley cooker! i, like many other anons, have the same one
>>
>>674826

I'd love to actually get out there deep innawoods, but to reach actual woodland national forest it's about a 2 hour 30 minute drive north, and requires a different gear set which I simply can't afford for a while. Once I get this raise that's coming and maybe pay my car off I can start investing properly into the correct gear, but for now I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>674785
oh, sorry, thought you said "come back" alone.
got a little excited there for a minute.
lets just pretend this never happened, ok?
gotta run...
>>
>>674785
I have an introverted personality. I teach special ed and have a wife and two kids at home. I go /out/ alone, mostly to a wildlife refuge that's about a half hour from my house, fairly regularly. I overnight alone about once every month or two. I need the reset time.
>>
>>674785
I go innawoods alone almost exclusively. The few friends that I have will only go car camping.
>>
I go mostly alone. Especially in winter. Hard to drag friends away from Netflix and hot choko when it's snowing outside
>>
>>676336
This^

But Finland here, I go alone in overnighters because all my friends are total pussyes in what comes sleeping innawoods. Especially in wintertime.
>>
>>674785
All the time, day trips only though. I always do prolonged trips with a companion.
>>
>>674785
I don't get many opportunities to go innawoods these days, but I like to go during the first snowfalls.
Sometimes I'm solo, sometimes there's people.

Usually I like going alone to collect my thoughts.
>>
>>674785
Used to do multi-week treks with a friend, now I only pack out alone, our last trip together was for three weeks in Glacier, he brought a iPod and a satellite phone, to call his mom every night, the rule has always been, no electronics, none, ever
>>
>>674826
the worst is when you go with friends and there is some asshole next to your site with an ultralight tent sleeping in a SOL bivvy and batoning wood. Just please don't be that guy. That's fine if you're out testing yourself alone in the woods but it's not necessary in a car site.

I solo camp rarely now but probably will do more now that many of my friends have moved away. It's weird the first couple of times but you get to enjoying the quiet. Once in a while I've done it in regular campgrounds and you sort of feel alone in a crowd. It's nice to not have to babysit friends though. I had one friend who I used to go out to remote sites to fish with and he was so reliable we had everything down to a science. He was probably the reason I started frequenting /out/. Just so I could keep up. He moved though so probably gonna be going solo this year again.
>>
>>674815
>bear spray
Does this stuff really work on animals?
Say a bear is charging at you, and you spray the thing in his general direction. Would he stop and turn around, or would he get even more pissed?
>>
>>678853
It actually works surprisingly well. Used it once on a dude who came at me with a knife (don't camp anywhere in Arkansas that's near a town) and it stopped him real good. Not sure about using it on a literal bear though, I'd think it might slow it down
>>
>>678853
>>678918
Bears have very vulnerable senses. A cloud of bear spray will make them flinch and run the other way immediately. Never exhaust your whole cannister. If a bear is determined to ear your flesh or peg you in the wilderness it may come back to stalk you during your retreat. From everything that's been written and documented and everything I've seen, bears are repelled by the stuff as if they think it's life threatening
>>
>>678853
I use Wasp Spray and I always aim for the eyes!

So far my count is seven total perverts!

I go /out/ alone all the time, I full time RV and dudes just think a single girl or me with my gf are JUST WAITING to suck thier tiny dicks or get raped!

I take no shit and actuammy mike seeingthose pervert wannabe rapists squirming and screaming in pain!

Then when they're blinded I give them a good hard kick.in thier tiny dicks and tell them off big time while they roll around screaming! It's so funny!
>>
>>678932
this is certainly a fiction, but it's a pleasant one
>>
>>674785
I tend to hunt alone a lot, as I got older friends left/were too busy, and I had more free time than most. I'll ice fish/spear alone as well, unless I bring the pup with. Girlfriend comes with when she can.
>>
>>678918
Story? I've camped in Arkansas a couple of times but I never saw any shit like that haha
>>
>>674786
im assuming someone took that picture, so it cant be representative
>>
File: 090.jpg (34 KB, 447x480) Image search: [Google]
090.jpg
34 KB, 447x480
>>678932
>>
File: MeTree.jpg (847 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
MeTree.jpg
847 KB, 1800x1350
>>678963
nope, it was a selfie. timer on tripod friendo. i take many like that
>>
I've only ever gone alone

and always overnight

I have no friends
>>
>>674785
i go but it's more fun with company times flies faster too if not alone.

basically as soon as i make fire prepare camp and eaten i get bored and want to go home to play games or shitpost on the internet. especially if it's dark and can't do anything else.

night camping alone is just not for me.
>>
>>678932
this is the reason why i avoid womyn while /out/
they make up these rape fantasies with me trying to molest them and post them on twitter
no thanks you bitches be ugly and stink
>>
>>678932
Jesus, you sound like you have severe issues.
>>
As a North London city boy who has never gone /out/ before but has no /out/ friends , would it be too risky for me to grab my tent and just go chill in forest somewhere up north like Scotland on a whim?
Will I die?
Is it scary?
>>
>>679305
>Is it scary?
first nights for beginners. go take a one-hour stroll at night first [along a canal or in a forest]
>>
File: DSC_0150.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0150.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3264
Almost always. I go /out/ with my dad once a year or so. Once I met up with an internet friend to hike some of the AT. 'Twas an alright experience, but I find that the emotions I get from being totally isolated can't be reproduced with company.

I'll probably sound stupid explaining it, but just being with nature, without responsibilities, social rules, goals, etc and doing nothing but being is really special.

One time at uni I went night hiking alone and heard coyotes howling. I know I'm not good coyote food, but after dark that was pretty scary. With that exception, I'm generally just content, unarmed and without bear spray.

As pictured, no humans within ~30 miles in any direction.
>>
File: DSC_0074s.jpg (3 MB, 3020x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0074s.jpg
3 MB, 3020x2000
>>679343
And here's a reward from another solo night trip.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.