[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mountain climbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: wheelie.jpg (9 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
wheelie.jpg
9 KB, 280x180
I have always wanted to get into something like this. It seems like such an accomplishment to summit a peak and would love to be very appreciative to be able to do this one day.
Question is..how do I as an amateur with no experience. I know I would like to make all 7 summits.The way I figured to do so is by starting at the lowest altitude mountain Kosciuszko and move up the list. Problem is I know Kilamanjaro is not a technical climb therefore making it semi ideal for beginners but is the 4th highest. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.
>>
Go with a group and theyll show you everything to do...
>>
>>638135
Yeah but thats not what Im asking.
Sure I can go with a expedition with no exp and have literally no know how..or I can do the reasonably smart option and start at the beginning. Thanks for the input though. I do know what expeditions exist to bring beginners up top but I just dont feel that would be the appropriate route.
>>
Start by leaving your mom's basement. The hike up the stairs might wind you, but don't give up. Maybe the second day you could go outside. If you get that far let us know
>>
>>638134
Take a class. There are certain skills that you need someone to show you and you cannot learn by simply starting easy and doing progressively harder climbs.
>>
>>638157
Cool. Sounds like you have alot of negative and false feelings. One might wonder where all this comes from. Maybe a personal failure, maybe you just get your rocks off by treating people poorly. At the end of the day you are who you are though..and nothing you say or do will change this.
>>
Mountain climbing is pretty boring, pretty much a rich man's past time where you can just buy your way to the summit. Get into something cooler like rock climbing.
>>
>>638134
>I know I would like to make all 7 summits.The way I figured to do so is by starting at the lowest altitude mountain Kosciuszko and move up the list.
From reading this is sounds like you want to climb the 7 summits and no others
>>
>>638134
Immagine yourself wanting to do something, something with a massive variety of difficulty levels from easy to almost certain death. then imagine yourself starting at some point on that scale, with the aim of getting to the top of it. pick a spot, and start there, then do lots more and work up.
>>
>>638134

Mt Kosciuszko doesn't really count, you could ride a bicycle up the mountain if you wanted to.
>>
>I want to learn how to walk but I have no idea how to do it. Please halp!!!!!
>>
>>638556
Yes. Can you tell me how to do this. I don't have much money and really don't feel like training too hard
>>
>>638584
Still the tallest on the continent. I believe there is a taller mountain but it is technically below sea level blah blah technical stuff so Kosciuszko is tallest
>>
>>639109
>tallest
Highest
>>
File: 1448376488738.jpg (3 MB, 2955x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448376488738.jpg
3 MB, 2955x1200
>>638134
>Question is..how do I as an amateur with no experience.
>>638135
>Go with a group and theyll show you everything to do...
>>638136
>Yeah but thats not what Im asking.

???

> I can do the reasonably smart option and start at the beginning.

!!!

Do it! Climb a mountain. Wether alone or with a group. You can learn a lot if you are in a group.
The higher your experience is the higher the chance a less comfy group will take you with.

I do not get the question at all.
>>
>>639137
Actually Carstensz Pyramid is the tallest summit in Oceania. Therefore the list actually has like 9 tallest peaks but two of them dont really count..Them being Kosc and mt Blanc. Elbrus is the highest peak in Europe and the aforementioned in the highest in the Oceania region.
>>
>>638136
You're going to die if you go alone with no experience.
>>
>>638135
This
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.