[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a 1-person tent around the $100 range. My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1428953812249.jpg (292 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1428953812249.jpg
292 KB, 1400x1050
I'm looking for a 1-person tent around the $100 range. My primary concern is ease of setup, weight is somewhat important but not too much, cover against rain is mostly minor concern.

Anything you guys recommend or have experience with?
>>
Voltron weapons bird
>>
>>636244
>it doesn't have to be functional, it doesn't have to look functional, it just has to be the scariest fucking thing anyone has ever seen
this guy is a gold mine
>>
i have the alps mountaineering lynx 1 tent

good tent water proof spent plenty of rainy nights in this things living in the woods in Vermont for a while
>>
How tall are you? Very few one man tents are good for anyone over 6'.
>>
>>636246
Truth.

>I'm not a survivalist or anything, I just have a lot of theoretical experience

Wonderful!
>>
>>637200
>>636246
I looked this up and found nothing, mind giving a link guys?
>>
>>637200
>>636246
>>637246
Wait I got it, also Jesus fuck it hurts to watch
>>
>>637248
If you don't get it, I'd imagine that'd be your response.
>>
>>636243
>american outdoorsmen: the picture
>>
>>637284
I guess I meant when he uses the blade to dig. That's all I assumed it was mostly satire but still.
>>
>>636243

https://youtu.be/EbEJJvt94Vg
>>
>>636243
>>637288
Will Keith is a longtime /k/ommando
>>
>>637289
is he the originator of the fedora katana meme?
>>
>>637289
he is /k/ personified.
>>
Which country/climate OP?
>>
> Eureka! Backkcountry 1
Awesome one man rent.
>>
File: SnugpakScorpion2.png (1 MB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
SnugpakScorpion2.png
1 MB, 900x598
>>636243
Tents are one of the few things where the more you spend the better the product tends to be. Don't buy a $100 tent that won't last long but save up just a bit more and buy a 1-2 person tent for $250-$350. There are a lot of good tents in that price range because tents in that price range are built much better. Tents of lesser quality tend to come with a lesser price much like knives do.

I'm going to recommend the Snugpack Scorpion 2 ( for 2 people or 1+gear, they also make a 3 for 3 people or 2 + gear ) for you. The tent is surprisingly easy to assemble, is decent in cold-weather ( considered a 4-season tent ) and is not only durable but comes with a FRK should something happen requiring a repair. I'll leave you some YT links that demonstrate the tent; let me know what you think.

set-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfF-bjJdwAE

over-night test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQTBiH3jHK0
>>
>>639487
This. Your health is at stake. Do it right.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.