[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to go /out/ but I don't have any friends and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1372246231344.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1372246231344.png
22 KB, 645x773
I want to go /out/ but I don't have any friends and I don't know anything about anything. I feel like if I went hiking or camping I wouldn't be able to appreciate nature and I'd get bored or eaten by insects.

If I had an /out/ buddy could they show me the greatness of the outdoors? How would I meet an /out/ pal
>>
>>634761
Where do you live?
>>
>>634763
Georgia near Atlanta
>>
File: 1444753292517.png (141 KB, 2212x2212) Image search: [Google]
1444753292517.png
141 KB, 2212x2212
Do you have any friends that you could go on a camping trip with? Maybe a few friends would like the idea. Get a tent, cooler of beer, some hot dogs, few sleeping bags, and hit up a campground.find a hiking trail for during the day, camp at night, have a few beers. Might spark their interests.

If you're in college look for social groups, they often have outdoor clubs.

Check out online forums, often there will be local area subforums with meetups, group camping trips, ect.

Go to church? Maybe start an outdoor group there if you're involved in church.

Have a girlfriend? Maybe she could like hiking. If not, start online dating, find a girl. Problem solved.

Any camping/sporting goods stores around? Ones run by local people? Go there, often they will be aware of outdoor clubs/groups.
>>
File: 1367721167033.jpg (371 KB, 1440x849) Image search: [Google]
1367721167033.jpg
371 KB, 1440x849
>>634777
Don't have any friends, not in college, don't go to church. I would take my girlfriend /out/ but I want to know what I'm doing first. Was hoping to find an /out/ friendo who could show me the ropes
>>
Volunteer for a trail work party, meet /out/ people and make friends.
>>
>>634768
south cackalacky here
I'd meet up with you if I had a car
or a license
>>
>>634944
I will show you how to make fire if we dp your gf.
>>
>>634761

#1 Are you capable of walking ?

#2 Can you pick out clothing with respect to temperature and precipitation ?

If you answered yes to both these questions you are capable of going out! Yes it really is that simple. You aren't going on expedition, you are simply walking on roads/paths/trails, I am sure you can handle it.
>>
>>634947
North cackalacky here. Gimme a county I'll see how much it'll be to pick you up for an outing.
20/M
>>
>>634947
I'm OP and I have a car. Could drive over to you if you wanted to plan something
>>
>>635026
you do realize that 4chan is sketchier than craigslist right?
i don't think i would meet up with anyone i met on 4chan unless it's in a very public place and i can carry a gun.
>>
>>634761

You don't need friends to go /out/. I used the time while belong alone when /out/, to study plants and mushrooms. Nice to bring less food when I go /out/ and know t of can find tasty edibles.
>>
>>636882

I've meet prob close to 30 ppl from 4chan, from a mixture of /k/ and /soc/ meet ups. Craiglist has been a lot creepier.
>>
>>636886
how many dicks you had to suck at these meets?
did you get aids?
>>
>>636887
> charlie sheen is not on 4chan
>>
>>636883
how did you learn which ones were edible by only researching them?
>>
Just learn the basics on your own.
>how to build a fire
>how to pitch a tent
>how to use a compass
>how to read a map
>how to protect food from bears if that is an issue where you live
The rest is just learn as you go. Take longer and longer hikes. Start with day hikes on trails, then do some over night stuff, then do some multi-day stuff. Start with trail hiking and once you get comfortable that you know what you are doing move on to some more cross country stuff.
>>
>>634761
Try joining a tour group or some shit.
>>
>>634948
>>634944
I'm not very /out/ but I'd still come and cum ( xD) in your gf
>>
>>634777
What's this badge/picture? I see it posted here a bit
>>
>>638634
Its one of the many 'official' out patches.

Others include 'le wolf bodyslam', 'mr bear sc/out/', and of course the all time classic 'le cairn kicker /out/ oldfag memer'.

If you're still interested, check out this thread:

>>608320
>>
>>634944
You still have options. No reason why you and your girl can't learn together. You really don't need to know how to do anything to sleep in a tent at a campground.
>>
>>636887

None. Maybe if /fit/ showed up I might. Just cause I suck a dick, doesn't mean I don't have body standards.

No homo.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.