[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a Staffordshire Terrier mix from a local pet adoption the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 446x400
Got a Staffordshire Terrier mix from a local pet adoption the other day but I can't pick him up till he is fixed.

Will mainly be at a nice big house, but my intention is to take him outdoors on hikes and on trips to a family cabin.

Anyone else have a staffy? How do they do outdoors?

Any tips for taking a pet outdoors?
>>
Update us when it chews your face off or kills your niece so we can have a chuckle
>>
>>631972
dogs that are muscular and dense tire / overheat / gas out more quickly so you shouldn't make him run a lot. long walks should be fine if not in intense heat. since dogs can't sweat and mostly lose heat panting, if very hot you might wet his fur and give him water regularly.
also beware of gunfags they will fill justified shooting your big scary dog if it looks at them.
>>
>>631972
Download "the secret(s) to a perfect dog"
And be the dog whisperer

Make a thread to thank me later
>>
>>632073
isn't that a cookbook?
>>
>>632074
Here buy this er download it

This shit makes u the dog 'luminati
>>
>>632094
Fuck...
Here
Worked for my 90lb pit mix stray
He's now off leash trained and people actually think he knows english

http://www.dogfather.tv/
>>
>>631972
Did you even check the catalog? There are two other dog threads idiot.
>>
Once you have recall down take it innawoods, my dog loves it but will haul ass off in every direction when it catches a scent (it has lurcher mixed in)
>>
>>631972
They do fine as long as they go often. Be wary on extremely hot days as with any dog and yourself. I'd suggest earlier in tbe the day so he's calmer throughout the day. Tired dogs are usually more submissive. They're big chewers when they get bored. Other than that they're great dogs if properly trained. Usually really loving and snuggly if their parents and grandparents weren't cousins or siblings.
>>
>>632102
Yeah but he's a special kind of idiot. A dog lover
>>
>>632071
Hey not all of us gun fags magdump anything that looks funny, but there are a lot of those types sadly. The amount of times I see "how do I CC while clubbing because im scurred" blows my mind.
Never met an aggressive dog that enjoyed a hard blow or a strong grip on the throat and the vast majority of dogs aren't abused train wrecks trying to eat everyone on sight. But ignorance is a default setting for some folk I guess
>>
>>632752
If you keep your dog on leash it's chances of attacking someone are diminished, so are the chances of it being shot while attacking someone. Safety begins with yourself and those you care for, like keeping your pet on leash.
>>
>>632538
This. I just started taking my dog in the woods and I bring doggie treats and every so often when he wanders a little to far I yell his name and he bolts toward me then I reward him. Right now I'm working on "STOP". He tends to chase squirrels and birds.
>>
I have a staff/pit mix. She's great, got her at six months old from people who saved her from an abusive situation. We're basically on a permanent walk which will make an excellent dog out of any dog, but treating your dog like a friend and socializing it a lot is the best thing you can do. If you're a shit owner who doesn't spend time with their pets you could try some dominance theory Caesar bullshit, but you sound like an alright enough person so just introduce the dog to as many people/situations as possible as early as possible.

My dog is almost two now, only problems are getting too excited and scaring the shit out of strangers unfamiliar with dog body language, and the fact that she barks at practically anyone who greets us or acknowledges us.

That's not so much a problem since she's essentially a caricature of 'all bark, no bite' and it's her letting me know that someone is paying too much attention to us in a strange way if she keeps barking. If someone pays attention to her but in a way exhibiting nervousness or weird whatever she really hones in on that. It usually drives up the nervousness of who ever, causing her anxiety to go up. I generally don't let her sit and yell at someone, I'll hush her. I understand her pretty well at this point, we've met thousands of people and dogs, she's been traveling since day one with me, sleeping in the sleeping bag practically every night.

She does better walking inna city when I don't hold her leash, not as prone to trying to wander the end of her leash or greet other dogs. In extemely crowded situations I can drop her leash and she'll mingle through people staying by my side. Innawoods she stays within earshot of my call, usually sticks with my regardless. We've met plenty of cops in several states and she's even jumped up on a few when they were trying to play with her. Going to be a sad night in prison for me if some faggot shoots her one day for being a pit mix.
>>
>>632752
Gun fag here. I don't care if its a scary dog. If its off leash where it shouldn't be and it approaches me with even a bark it is dead. It is better than any deer hunt because usually I get to bitch out the owner as she's crying and if not I get to watch her run away
>>
>>632790

>my dog is 'all bark, no bite'

What happens when he meets me? I'm all shoot and no bite. You included
>>
>>632803
Do you feel better about yourself when you talk that way? Because you look like a coward. And you >>632801 I understand if the dog presents a real threat in doing what you must, but not just because you see it and you feel compelled to shoot it. There has to be a sensible line that you mentally just can not reach so consistently infect dog threads with your poor logic.
>>
>>632806
Do you feel better making excuaes when dogs attack people. I'm not going to let a lawbreakers dog attack me. So yes it gets shot and I do enjoy it. You should go back to Reddit they value dogs more than humans or just get back to mating with your dogs
>>
File: 1425283216150.jpg (114 KB, 625x505) Image search: [Google]
1425283216150.jpg
114 KB, 625x505
>>632806
Many gun owners are follow the Teddy Roosevelt school of thought, "Speak softly and carry a big stick". Dumbasses spewing hateful and inflammatory comments on the internet are just that. Good gun owners are like good pet owners: polite but firm.
>>
Get a second dog or regret it for the rest of his life.
>>
>>632761
>If you keep your dog on leash it's chances of attacking someone are diminished, so are the chances of it being shot while attacking someone. Safety begins with yourself and those you care for, like keeping your pet on leash.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Not to mention that most places still have specific leash laws requiring pets to be leashed.
>>
>>632829
I'm aware and I agree. I see CC and own dogs. Neither of which I flaunt.
>>
>>632823 #
Careful there buddy. Don't let the excitement of shooting something you hate ruin your grammar and spelling. You only solidified my point, thanks for that. I value no animals life over that of a humans, but I have no joy in killing a dog because it was a dog. You can say what you want after this and that's fine but I leave you with a warning. If you actually do what you say do, it could kill you one day. But you go ahead and justify your actions that really just mask a fear you can't get over.
>>
>>632823
>>632803
Pfff. The fact that you're on the internet trying to be a tough guy(hint: I'm on the streets and deal with real wannabe tough guys practically every day face to face) and not just any tough guy; a tough guy claiming to be 'all shoot', says to me that you're probably a faggot who's just trying making gunfags look bad. If you even have a gun, I doubt you've shot anything-let alone someone's dog. Come back when you've fit some real world experience instead of your weird beta fantasy.

You're clearly retarded either way, you understand extremely little regarding dogs and even less regarding social interactions. Please faggot, I'd love to come meet you. I'll be in Washington until mid December or so and then I'll be in Arizona until mid Feb. Want to have a sc/out/ meet up in march? Oh, of course not, you probably don't even out, faggot
>>
>>632972

>"Tony was a good man and a loving man and a good person with animals and he didn't deserve to die the way that he did."

Lmao faggots

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12005255/Animal-lover-killed-by-dog-he-had-adopted-just-hours-earlier.html
>>
>>632973
>An animal lover gets killed by a dog
>All dogs must be evil

You're scared. Just admit it and leave it be. No matter what you say I'll keep reminding you of it.
>>
File: 635832077883428006-IMG-0560.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
635832077883428006-IMG-0560.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>632978

Here's him and his dad. What a kkkuck. You know it probably happened when he was trying to mate with it.

>'mauled to death' by a stray dog he had adopted on the day he died.
>"He never hesitated to be with dogs. Sometimes I thought he related to dogs better than to people,"
>>
>>632983
You got all that from a dead guys photo? Wow. Impressive. You must work for the CIA. But if you're afraid of dogs, I truly doubt it.
>>
>>632806
i agree fucking cowards and sissies
it's funny tho they don't see where the real danger lies.
humans are a hundred thousand times more dangerous than dogs. piss off the wrong guy and you have a blood-feud on your hand. that is why being polite is important. in fact it's the glue that keeps society together. not the big sticks as some poor deluded faggots believe.
>>
>>633002
still i'm having this giggle about pussies like that all the time. i like to pull their legs but i'm no gangster however i know a fey guys who walk their pits off leash all the time that are in deed gangbangers. if you shoot their dog the things they gonna do to you and your family is gonna make a horror title. so yeah not the brightest idea.
why i carry guns is not to shoot people and dogs that look at me wrong but to use it as a last resort against armed or multiple attackers. especially if i'm not alone. cause sometimes you can just run the fuck away but you know your gf won't be able to keep up and you know you not gonna win a gunfight with a knife. so yeah.
fucking dogs man they so little concern to me i can't even tell you. 99% i look at them and the gtfo.
>>
If you go to a state park make sure you have rabies papers. And its a good idea that they have a pack to carry it's own g ood and water . It slows them down and make your pack lighter. Love my pit perfect dog
>>
>>633017
doesn't those dog backpacks make the poor doges even more hot?
>>
>>632973
I saw that shit already faggot. Tell me about yourself, I'll cherrypick articles that support a narrow mindview I'll develop surrounding your character and how everyone like you should be exterminated.

Please faggot, you probably don't even have a personality for me to pick apart. The scared faggot is probably your personality, being the retard who affirms other people's notion that critical thinking isn't for everyone. Probably a bootlicker at that. Please, do those of us who aren't fag-enablers a favor and make yourself another suicide by handgun statistic.
>>
>>633009
Your post is borderline incoherent.
>>
Dog fuckers every last one of you. Here's a hint. If you don't want to forgo the dog cock injections, keep it on a leash. Your choice

>>632829
>good pet owners that dont follow leash laws

>>632968
>you fear getting bitten by an animal that can maim or kill you

>>632972
>I will kill you if you don't let my dog attack you

>>633009

>I know lots of dog owners that will kill you
>they and their dogs are great people

>>633046

>I fuck dogs, why doesn't everyone fuck dogs and be cool like me
>>
>>633069
Completely incoherent.
>>
>>632983
Ha-ha, it was actually the dad who suicided by dog. I guess he was disappointed by his faggot son
>>
Get an GPS tracker for peace of mind.
>>
http://better-find.com/10-dogs-with-the-shortest-life-expectancy/

Good info but #1 should really be " off leash dogs I meet on the trail"
>>
>>633069
>someone doesn't think a certain breed of dog is worth shooting on sight
>they must want to fuck dogs!

>someone has a dog of (x breed)
>it wants to kill me!

M8 your projection is off the charts, not only that but your reading comprehension is well below where it should be, assuming you're older than ten.

I mean, your brought up the article about the idiot who bought a 5 year old rottweiler and then went on to get very descriptive about him diddling the dog. How was your relationship with your mother? The family dog? I think you're repressing some hella gay shit, faggot.

I hope for your sake you're only pretending to be retarded and lolelelele trolled us all but I'm sincerely beginning to wonder if you're not just actually slow.
>>
>>633069
never said they were great people
they are people you should avoid any contact with at all or keep it the bare minimal
preferably without insulting them
>>
File: SNN0531FF_280_572701a.jpg (16 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
SNN0531FF_280_572701a.jpg
16 KB, 280x390
Another dog lover. I hope she enjoys her pig nose that her sweet little angel gave her as she slept
>>
>>633093
you're a sick dumb fuck and should be purged. it's people like you who do this sort of shit and justify it by some delusional sense of superiority
>>632667
>>
>>633069
Tell us about yourself, is hating dogs in the way a closet faggot hates gay people your outlet? Do you spend your entire day crusading Hopi cave painting forums and Craigslist rants/pets, trying to teach people the danger of dogs? The main purpose of your life dedicated to eradicating what you gather to be the problem-which I can't even identify what you think the problem is at this point aside from all dogs that aren't for faggots?

You're just the worst kind of faggot.
>>
>>631972
>>
>>633103
Racist against dogs? Pfdhahaha oh fuck, I knew it. You're such a good goy. Yes goy, fear this animal, project your desires for degenerate behavior on others. Yes goy, life is expendable.

Can't wait until some faggot with a bigger gun decides your life is expendable. After all, stupid cunts are a dime a dozen.
>>
File: 1447951486300.gif (2 MB, 370x319) Image search: [Google]
1447951486300.gif
2 MB, 370x319
>>632801
>>632803

So edgy I cut my eyes from reading these posts.
>>
>>633111
>>633103
>posting gore on /out/
cunt
>>
File: 1447944408735.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1447944408735.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>>632823
You sound like the guy that goes apeshit when a motorcycle passes you on the double yellow so you run them off the road.
I also bet you stay in the fast lane at the speed limit because you're somehow doing the greater good in your mind.
>>632829
Based Teddy R
Even created the national parks

This thread is unreal.
>>
File: 500.jpg (30 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
30 KB, 500x324
>>633069
>good pet owners that dont follow leash laws
What didn't you understand about polite but firm? Following the rules is part of a polite society.
>>633116
Now that's a happy pup.
>>
>>633103
>>633111
Get this /b/ tier shit out of here.

You must be underage or severely deficient in your mental faculties if you revel in a child being hurt because their parents were being irresponsible.
>>
>>632803
you would never pass a psych test to own a gun so i'm not worried
>>
>>633069
>>633078
>>633093
>>633096
>>633103
You're afraid of dogs. That's all it is. What you say. You like to make people angry to mask your fear but it's the truth and that's all there is to it. You're afraid.
>>
>>633186
Well put
>>
i would like to report that i just ran into an unleashed bullterrier. i did not magdump her and i did not stick my knife in her or her owner. in fact nothing happened.

i have to admit her behavior was weird like she couldn't tell what to do when i get there. i kinda prepared for some habbenings you never know after all. she just stood like a statue and stared at me not moving from my path only when i got to about 1 meter of her she wagged her tail and got out of my way.

i wonder sometimes what goes on in their tiny little head.
>>
>>633680
Usually for those associated with people but out of their element they're just as much at a loss as you are. I had a lab mix follow me for the length of a football field way day with a pinecone in his mouth. Wouldn't let me touch him but I think he felt better being near someone. Then after a while he got distracted and went on. Usually if you don't freak out neither will they. Usually.
>>
>>633812
He wanted a buddy but didn't know you and was scared, the poor pup :3
>>
>>633913
Yeah, I felt for the guy. Cute little thing.
>>
>>632801
Lord of edge
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.