[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever been scarred for life while /out/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I officially have been
>>
Please tell
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>631041
That's just a shrine to pray at OP, nothing to be scared of. Do your googly searches
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>631040
Just walking on a beach at low tide and came across it. Don't recall anyone drowning near by if it was a monument.
>>
File: IMG_20141128_130522.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141128_130522.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
> Budda inna teepee
> scarred for life

Dude, you're lucky you didn't stroll up on megabudda, you would self-immolate!
>>
>>631048
>>631055
Did you not see the cairns?
>>
>hiking with some mates
>set up camp onnabeach
>"hey guys, let's swim out to that buoy"
>whatcouldpossiblygowrong.txt
>swim less than 20 metres out before I start struggling
>turn around to swim back and get swamped by a wave
>seriously panicking now
>backstroke all the way to shore
>lay on the beach enjoying the land whilst my mates continue swimming further out

I really wish I could swim better. Haven't had the chance to practice in years.
>>
WHO GIVES A GOD DAMN FUCK ABOUT THE CAIRNS YOU STUPID WHINY BITCHES!!!!!! JUST CONTINUE ON YOUR HIKE AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Any bitches crying about cairns need to man the fuck up.
>>
>>631076
You ever notice that ex smokers complain the loudest about cigarette smoke? I detect an ex cairne kicker here.
>>
>>631058
Yes, yes I did. But I'm not triggered by them. I don't allow them to separate me from The Holy Spirit or distract me from the One True Path.

The Truth is all this physical plane is just an illusion and that which you see outside of yourself is just a reflection of that which is within yourself.

I see beauty, whimsy and love.

What you see scars you? You need to do your breathwork. Google it and check in.
>>
>>631082

I have never noticed that about cigarettes actually. I never smoked, and I absolutely hate cigarette smoke in my face. I've never kicked a cairn either, just think this ultra aggresive opposition to them makes no sense.
>>
Got stuck at 14000' this summer mountaineering. Way too windy for a tent (got trapped in a lenticular cloud on descent) team had to overnight in a crevasse. We were all pretty sure we may not make it thru the night. By 4am you could start to see the sun coming thru the clouds and it was okay, but we all came away w pulmonary edema and frost bite on the tips of our fingers
>>
>>631119
Wow
I'd never be able to do this. Even in the best shape of my life my lungs would be done up there.
I was gassed before the end of a race (did rowing, 8 man team)
I was better at sprinting.

Where were you climbing?
>>
File: 5646546.gif (1 MB, 341x331) Image search: [Google]
5646546.gif
1 MB, 341x331
>>631038
>>631041
>fat laughing buddha
>scary

so op, tell me more about how you're the biggest bitch on earth
>>
File: Fat-lazy-man-on-sofa.jpg (216 KB, 768x614) Image search: [Google]
Fat-lazy-man-on-sofa.jpg
216 KB, 768x614
>>631119
things that didn't happen, the post
>>
>>631086
So how bout that ayahuasca?
>>
>>631086
You are high as fuck. You sounds like one of the people you don't know the name of, except you're called Shroom.
>>
>>631389
I never said I wasn't the biggest bitch in the world.
>>
>>631420
Actually straight arrow, but what ever works for you.

I started with babby steps The Desiderata back in'81. Moved on to The Course in Miracles (The Course) and stepped up to The Way of Mastery (The Way). All of which I still study everyday.

I do not have expectations of people understanding what they do not know, even of themselves.
>>
>>631241
what seat?
>>
>>631038

That's aktschully pretty rad.

You are a massive bitch.

I bet you didnt even contribute to make the cairn taller or the teepee stouter
>>
>>631038
Also died of heat exhaustion twice... Long story short. When your fucking dirtbike gets stuck in some serious shit. Leave it there. Don't spend two hours trying to muscle it out in blazing southern heat and humidity... With just a bottle of water...

Also. When traveling by motorcycle. Take more breaks then you think you need to have a drink and stretch.
>>
File: Mr Bones.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Mr Bones.gif
205 KB, 500x500
>>631851
You died twice and your posting on 4chan? 2spooky.
>>
>>631851

How did treatment go for that?
>>
>>631834
4 iirc
Best line my coxswain ever said was " I want this boat running like a cheetah with a pair of Nikes"
One day when I'm better again I'll go kayaking. I miss the water. I got my love for it bombing down the CT river.
>>
>>631851
>Take more breaks then you think you need to have a drink and stretch.
I learned this the hard way. Luckily I was wearing a full face because I landed on my face shield, chin bar. And scrapped the inside of my wrist and cut it up good. It's amazing where you get injured when you crash. Weird places you wouldn't think of. Actually nicked the top of my cock shaft too.
tl;dr
Don't ride tired and ATGATT
>>
Wasn't super /out/ but when I was 5ish i found a puppy in the back pasture and was playing with it as dad came running out and blew mama coyote into eternity no more than 30 feet away from me.

I was fine at the time, but as i got older, i realized just how fucked I could have been.
>>
>>631929
Wait, what? You found a puppy? You sure it wasn't her offspring?
>>
>>631946
> the point
> your head
> clean miss
>>
>>631946

It was her pup you fucking retard.

We kept it for a week and then it "ran away" (dad shot it while we were at church)
>>
>>631970
That's pretty sad actually.
>>
>>631970
i've found that church is a commonly employed ruse for fathers to shoot/slaughter/euthanize/instituionalize/dump/sell unwanted pets, farm animals, family members, and posessions

i came home from church once and my rat was gone. and idunno how many times stuff of mine disappeared as well
>>
>>631038
>Find a Buddhist shrine
>Be scarred for life.
What is wrong with you, Buddhists are all about serenity and shit, makes sense they build shrines in secluded areas.
>>
>>631965
>>631970
FUCK
I actually am retarded.
>>
>>631119
And to think, if OP hadn't kicked over all the cairns marking the trail you'd have been able to find your way in the fog no problem...
>>
what are cairns
>>
>>632479
It's short hand slang for "carebears".

It's just a board thing.
>>
>>632481
what does it mean?
>>
>>631060
same thing happened to me, my one friends gf couldn't swim fast enough to beat the waves and had to get dragged back by her bf and one other friend, I left back to shore as soon as I knew the undertow was too strong
>>
>>632483
Finnish or Lapplander meaning "those who don't know the ways /out/.
>>
>>631390
It was on the emmons glacier on Rainier. I was in the news and everything!
>>
>>632335
Ain't no cairns on these mountains son.
>>
>>631241
Lib Ridge on Rainier. Got stuck on the descent of the Emmons glacier. My party made the news in June because of it
>>
>>634198
> I made the news
> because of the weather

BFD.
>>
File: IMG_5318.jpg (1 MB, 4000x2248) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5318.jpg
1 MB, 4000x2248
>>634201
Fuck dude I read about that. Been up to Camp Muir but never been to Schurman. Emmons looks intense from my comfy view in Glacier Basin.
>>
>>634299
Pic most certainly not related.
>>
>>634299
>>634251
http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/650534
>>
>peeing on side of the road in badlands
>boulder starts rattling
>keep peeing on boulder
>boulder rattles louder
>pee harder
>rattlesnake shoots between my legs like a lightning bolt
>run back to car
Wish I was that agile if my house was being peed upon
>>
>>634806
> implying you don't enjoy it

What's worse than a rattle snake bite? A rattle snake bite on your cock.
>>
>>631042
8/10 - Would Kick
>>
>>635097

At least your buddies will happily suck the poison out for you.
>>
>>631060
>>632499
fuckin a nigger you never swim directly against the undertow. 45 degree angle back to shore!
>>
>>635707
>45 degree
kek

Swim parralel to the beach. Get past undertow. Swim 90 degrees back to beach in the break.

Take it from, I used to drag uninformed foreigners out fo the water of Australia's beaches.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.