[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone been using one of these new european sonar bobbers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: iBobber_Box_iPhone_UI_300DPI.jpg (144 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
iBobber_Box_iPhone_UI_300DPI.jpg
144 KB, 600x579
Has anyone been using one of these new european sonar bobbers?
I was thinking of getting one for ice fishing this winter.
Also ice fishing thread.
>>
No one has it yet?
It maps the lake floor for you if you cast and retrieve it a few times. This is shown on your cell phone with an app.
Shows you where the fish are and the depth.
It even texts you when you are getting a bite.
>>
File: iBobber_Sonar_screen.jpg (305 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
iBobber_Sonar_screen.jpg
305 KB, 600x900
>>627534
forgot pic
>>
How much did they pay you for this post
>>
>European
It's shit dude
>>
It sounds like a gimmick

That tiny little bauble has the transducer and is able to send a range of signals that the app translates into where the fish are and the surface of the floor?

Looking at the reviews online, people either seem to like it or it is being shilled big time.

I am guessing its being shilled since it really is too good to be true for $90.00
>>
>>627534
it's fucking awful my friend has it.

fifth cast he fucked got caught up in a tree with it. lost it and it floated down the fucking river.

meanwhile I was reeling in a fish and laughing at him hysterically
>>
>>627729
your friend is an retarded to use it on a river tbqh.
its for lakes.
>>
>>627729

How is that the products fault at all? lmao
>>
>>628047
it's not lmfao, its just fucking pointless.

besides you can a decent fish finder for 100
>>
>>628056
But those only work from a boat.
This product is meant for people on shore to cast out and find stucture they would never be able to see otherwise.
>>
>>628057
The fuck are you talking about? Fish finders work perfectly well out on the ice. Besides, you don't need some fancy electronics to ice fish, just a bucket, an axe, and a tip-up pole. Add in a case of beer, a radio, and a few buddies and you've got a great time.
>>
>>627538
Probably not a lot seeing how slow this board is.
>>
>>628139
that product is not for ice fishing
>>
>>628221
Read the OP
>>
>>629548
does not matter what the OP says, the product is for mapping lakes from the shore.
If you were buying something for just ice fishing of course this would not be it. But this unit can do things others cant from shore. Thats why it exists.
>>
bobump
>>
>>628057
I'll take What is Sidescan for $100
>>
>>630257
>Sidescan
What part of "no boat required" are you net getting?
>>
>>627292
cool product, part of what turned me off so much from fishing is not having a boat with one of these.

i have no mentor to show me if where im fishing is good so im definitely going to look into this for next summer, thanks OP.
>>
I think you could use this to find fish instead.
>>
>>632774
>>632774
What is that?
>>
>>633054
A very old phased shift radar array at an abandoned military base in the mid-west.
>>
i wish that bobber cam would have got the funding, id rather have that then a fish finder

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fishing-fancam#/

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fishing-fancam#/
>>
>>633060
>https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fishing-fancam#/
That guy was too bald to be funded.
>>
>>627534
>It even texts you when you are getting a bite.

If you need a text message to tell you that you got a bite you are doing something wrong.
>>
>>633290
I make my gf text me if she is about to orgasm.
>>
>>633290
you are not watching the pole every minute though are you.
>>
>>633600
Not as much as your mum watches my pole.
>>
>>633634
Jokes on you anon, my mom is not into fishing.
>>
>$150

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What a fucking joke, what problem is this even trying to solve - that fishing was too calming? If the point was to catch more fish I'd be investing in sticks of dynamite.
>>
>>633773
You cant calmly cast your line out and then glance at your cell phone to see the topography?
I hate the idea of casting repeatedly to an area that has no fish in it.
>>
>>633805
Then you'll fucking hate casting into an area you know fish are at and not getting any strikes.
>>
>>633875
but then I know I have to switch up my game. The worst is casting to a place with no fish, thinking fish are there and changing tactics every few minutes.
>>
>>633879
>changing tactics every few minutes.

Who even does this? give it 30 minutes at least.
>>
Anyone know where I can pick up a cheap Auger?
>>
File: 00041303002612_full.jpg (14 KB, 128x273) Image search: [Google]
00041303002612_full.jpg
14 KB, 128x273
>>633290
There is nothing more exhilarating than checking your texts and you got a bite.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.