[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psilocybe Mushrooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 19
File: IMG_20151108_184654.jpg (548 KB, 787x717) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151108_184654.jpg
548 KB, 787x717
Couldnt find no shroom thread on /out/.
Any pickers had any good find since were coming to the end of the season?

Also any trip stories? Theyre always good!

Picture related, my favourite looking finds from early oct!
>>
I went searching twice but didn't find a single shroom

austria here, went on cow paddocks on about 700-900 meters above sea ground
>>
>>626880
Me and my brother (both into mycology, brother is an expert of identification imo) found a patch of land home to a ton of Banded Mottlegills in this grassy park where you'd often see rabbits and their shit. We'd come down every week to harvest and eat some together just to have a fun time. Alot of the vibrant visions and euthoric feelings were shared so we never felt alone... It's honestly been the best autumn I've ever had!
>>
>>626899
They are not always in the ideal locations imo, ive found dozens in habitats that you wouldnt think produce!

>>626902
Sounds like great bonding time, taking some in the open is something ive been sketchy about but im glad you had a great time, they always make this time of year eventful!

>>626916
Thanks for your input trying to get my shit all dicked! Do you know anything about mushrooms or fungi in general? If not please remove yourself from the thread or exsistance.
All three you pointed out are unrelated to this so go find a hobby.
>>
>>626880
>Couldnt find no shroom thread on /out/.
>Any pickers had any good find since were coming to the end of the season?

Is English your second language?
>>
Down in the South east of England we found a field that was pretty ripe with them, got maybe 3 doses worth each each time we went up there. It's getting a bit late now for picking I think though
>>
Just moved recently to middle Tennessee so I haven't gotten a chance to look but I'm hoping to in the future. There are lots of pastures north of me so they should be somewhere.

>>626902
Super jealous man sounds like a great time.
>>
>>626880

any decent documents on how to get into shroom picking? always wanted to try shrooms but never could find the courage to eat any shrooms I've picked out of fear of dying within 30 seconds.

Also related, you guys know whether all kinds of puffball mushrooms are good to eat or not? I got loads of dead logs around my property and they're all over the place.
>>
went out looking yesterday. We found some chantrelles, but no psilocybes (cubensis). I'm in the south pudget sound area in Washington, if anyone has any experience or tips for shroom hunting in this region
>>
Why not just grow a box in your closet?

Golden Teachers are straight up like the easiest shrooms to grow.
>>
>>626880
Nah main
>>
>>626880
I just noticed a bunch of nice looking mushrooms growing in the wet woodchips all around my front yard.
Obviously not going to just go eat them but they look great and it reminded me I've always wanted to know how to identify mushrooms. I'm not sure how to get over the fear of being told never to even touch them growing up, let alone the idea of eating them.
>>
File: jizzrag mushroom.png (1 MB, 1507x818) Image search: [Google]
jizzrag mushroom.png
1 MB, 1507x818
>>626880
Are these edibles?
>>
File: cyanescen.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
cyanescen.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>627753
whats up dude im in olympia. you wont find cubensis here but you will find cyanescens azurescens and liberty caps
heres some cyanescens i found the other day
look for the pellicle and a dark purpleish spore print usually i find them in alder bark
>>
I went looking last week in Brisbane as the weather has been perfect but nothing!
>>
Any swedefags here? how goes the hunt?
>>
>>629353
>>627722

Not an expert on puffballs but I have heard that just sprouting Amanitas can be mistaken for puffballs so make certain you can identify the species beyond a shadow of a doubt before eating them.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/3

Browse the threads and post identification requests with discriptions and photos of whatever mushrooms you find, after a while you will know what to look for and what to avoid.

There is also this site for mushroom IDing and galleries of examples of species along with sighting locations:

http://mushroomobserver.org/
>>
File: magic_mushroom.jpg (296 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
magic_mushroom.jpg
296 KB, 1360x768
>>631829
Swefag confirmed. Hittat säkert 2000 st. Det har varit perfekt väder i södra delarna (kronoberg). Du vill ha regn i några dagar samt molnigt och runt 5-10 grader så ska du se på fan. Googla på din stad och väder, ex: "Stockholm väder". Så hög luftfuktighet som möjligt också. Jag har hittat mina på en fotbollsplan som inte används
>>
Anyone here shroom hunt in Texas?
>>
Anyone hunt in michigan? Any tips for a beginner?
>>
>>631833
Depending on where in the world you are, most Amanita species won't kill you, but you'll have a wild, sweaty, uncomfortable trip.
>>
File: IMG_20151118_131511069.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151118_131511069.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>>631808
It's nice that it finally froze, I've been finding cyans all over the place now.
>>
>>632502
I hunt for Amanitas in several parks and forests.
>>
>>626880
these delicious faggots seem to always grow at the most suspicious places. near people and along roads where you will look max autistic picking them. also they are fucking tiny. just buy them if you don't already know a spot tbqf
>>
>>632559
When did it freeze in the Puget Sound area this year?
>>
>>631808
Damn, those are some gorgeous specimens. I'm in northern California and I hardly ever find cyans of that size and quality.
>>
File: Kilmer-Forest.jpg (51 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Kilmer-Forest.jpg
51 KB, 400x300
First and only time I've taken these was this past Summer with two of my best friends. We hiked into the woods of Joyce Kilmer, a preserved old growth forest in the mountains of NC that contains gigantic trees (pic related, not my picture though) and talked about philosophy, love, and what we thought of anything that came to mind. Took turns passing around a camera taking photos of whatever we liked. Hiked for a few hours, ended up coming to a small river off the path and there we sat while we discussed what we thought about God. This river spot was electric, you could feel the energy in the air. After that our trip was over, we were coming down and made our way to a reservoir where we swam a few miles, climbed a cliff face and spent some time diving into the water. After that it was back to the real world, we parted ways shortly after and haven't been together since.

It was a magical day.
>>
>>631835
Synd att du antagligen inte vill salja, har inte testat svamp på tre år, och det kanns så skumt att vara på bondens gård då han brukade stå och glo på mig, medan jag låtsas att klappa hans kor.

Sist leta jag jattemycket men hittade bara 40 stycken vilket blev en liten dos, men tyckte den fixade endel av min stora underliggande ångest, verkligen önska att jag hade några hundra. Har inte klurat ut bitcoin heller.

Om du vill skicka/salja skulle jag bli glad, kanske prata mer på mail eller steam?
>>
I'd like to try the American azurescens. I had very different experiences on the local varieties of Tassie and Victoria.

>>631816

I don't think it's yet warm enough for pan cyan, although I've never found the local cubes so I'm not sure about them.
After the last couple of days though that might have changed. It must be getting close.

>>632555

Amanita Muscaria gives a more doped out and incapacitated high I'm told. Not my thing, so I've never tried them. I'm told you have to peel the skin off. It makes you very sick. The safest way to get high on this variety is by drinking the urine of someone/something that has eaten them.
Some ancient tribes would make their womenfolk eat them and then they would drink their urine to avoid the stomach cramps. Others stalked reindeer until they ate some and then ate the snow where they had urinated.
>>
>>632740
March?
>>
File: DSC_0225.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0225.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
26 miles south of green bay wi
October
it was about an inch long
Growing on a pine stump
>>
File: DSC_0211.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0211.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>633300
>>
File: DSC_0210.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0210.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>633302
>>633302
>>
File: DSC_0026.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0026.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>
>>633300
nice one
>>
>>632740
I'm in Whatcom county, just about as North as it gets, we had frost a week ago and the last 24hrs. I've found a few productive cyan patches so far, I'm waiting on a couple to mature.
>>
>>633300
oh fug nigga im from green bay

i need to dig around in my woods...
>>
Are there any look a like species ? Ate shrooms one time that had no psychoactive effect but looked the same as ones I have seen my friends take in real life and in pictures online.
Was always curious to what I actually ended up eating, had no side effects what so ever, was like eating normal food.
>>
>>633777
yes there definetely are some are deadly you should verify any mushroom you pick very carefully. Spore prints are a good place to start.
>>
File: 20141027_175636.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141027_175636.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>632794
these are from last year. I had looked for years to find them near my house and never did. I got some alder bark and spread it around the the front of the house and the next year they popped up. Whats odd is there arent any in the pile of leftover bark.. whered they come from?
>>
File: bigchanne.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
bigchanne.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>>633747
big ol chantrelle from the other day
>>
File: chantrelle.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
chantrelle.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
chantrelles and a lobster(hypomyces) from last week.
>>
>>632964
>Amanita Muscaria (...)
maybe talk about something you've tried then faggot
>>
yummy
>>
Is this thread only for hallucinogenic fungi? Or can it be a mycology general thread?
>>
File: 20151121_172507[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151121_172507[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>633806
It maybe have already been present in the alder bark. Stamets has posited (in Mycelium Running, I think) that the wood-loving psilocybes are spread so widely because landscaping businesses have sold colonized woodchips. Even if it's not true, it's a great idea...

>>633777
>>633800
There are definitely lookalikes-- some deadly poisonous (see Galerina autumnalis). I find them pretty frequently in the same beds as psilocybes. To really be safe, I recommend hunting with people who know and learning from them.

Today's haul-- about a half-pound of P. allenii and P. cyanescens. Life is good.
>>
File: 20150125_163119.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150125_163119.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>634368
Why not both?
>>
>>632502
Read a book; meet people who hunt. Mushroom hunters are a friendly lot, generally, and happy to teach.
>>
>>632502
Also, check out
http://mushroomobserver.org/
and see what people are finding in your area.
>>
How do I get into this?

Southern California, so it might be too dry for mushrooms. I hardly ever see them.

Are there psychedelic varieties growing everywhere? lol
>>
>>634382
>Are there psychedelic varieties growing everywhere? lol

No.

>might be too dry for mushrooms.

Yes.
>>
>>633806
How we does spreading spores thus way work?

If they grow will they come back the following year?

Someone should travel the country, spreading the love, a Johnny Mushroom-mulch
>>
>>633873
Maybe try actually contributing to the thread instead of attempting a troll/derail. Shame on you.
>>
>>633300
>>633302
>>633303
>>633305
Are any of these psychedelic
>>
>>634515
>Amanita Muscaria gives a more doped out and incapacitated high I'm told.
no. in small doses it's stimulating, large ones become more trippy and dissociative. lots of sweating
>I'm told you have to peel the skin off.
who is telling you all this bs?
>hearsay
source plz

maybe next time, try contributing with something of value you retarded fuck
>>
>>633747
I'm in Auburn, in between Seattle and Tacoma, its been frosting the last two or three days.
>>
>>634750
Not that anon, but I've been in the mountains in Colorado with people who ate Aminitias i picked, not sure about where else you can eat them and not die because to my knowledge there's about a million look alikes that will kill you, several of us had heard that you have to scrape the white stuff off the top or you'd get more sick than having done so.

This one time in SF I picked some Cyans with a girlfriend in bueno vista(would not recommend unless you're a bum) and we wound up with a few closed caps we thought were psilosybin of some sort. I ate them because we weren't sure, with a bunch of confirmed cyans, and two tiny little baby guys had me on the edge of death everyone said. That day I tripped good on the cyans, that night I started puking hardcore and the next day I had liquid coming out both ends and was white as a ghost according to everyone who saw me.

Tl;Dr don't fuck with aminitas or look alikes or questionables
>>
>>634789
god damn anon. amanita muscaria is about the only unique looking shroom there is. you should dry it before consumption, scraping off the white stuff doesn't do anything. they grow almost everywhere also
>>
>>631808
Would you be willing to send me a spore print?
>>
>>634789
you've gotta dry them before you eat them dude
>>
>>634394
I dry all my cyanescens on printer paper, mostly to verify the spore print is correct. Last year I ended up with a few pages covered in cyanescen spores, I buried them in parts of the alder bark in my yard that had not been colonized, this year those spots were colonized (lightly). could have spread from the wind or maybe I planted mushrooms IDK.
>>
>>634861
hell nah, anyways cyanescens should be dark purple.
>>
File: IMG_20151123_194114.jpg (157 KB, 720x855) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151123_194114.jpg
157 KB, 720x855
>>632559
Today's haul, this season is improving.
>>
File: 1447791529867.gif (45 KB, 50x28) Image search: [Google]
1447791529867.gif
45 KB, 50x28
>>633807
>>
>>633809
Noice bud.
>>
>>634369
That's amazing, nice work.
>>
>>634369
The anulus is an easy warning sign.
>>
>>634386
Wrong, there are psilocybin mushrooms all through Mexico and cubensis all over Texas.
>>
>>634369
where the fuck did you find all of these? Ive never even found one!
>>
>tfw in south pudget sound for only maybe a week more
>tfw haven't found any cyans this year
>tfw the desert won't have any pyslocibin
>>
>>634715
No bud.
>>
>>634750
I'm going off trip reports from Erowid and word of mouth from a friend with personal experience.

Obviously your experiences are different to the majority, everyones brain chemistry is different.

You need to train your social skills.
>>
File: IMG_0207-1.png (663 KB, 652x489) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207-1.png
663 KB, 652x489
I was hiking today and saw this mushroom on a trail inbetween the forest. Doesn't look like psylocybe, but does anyone know what species?
>>
File: IMG_0208.png (610 KB, 652x489) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.png
610 KB, 652x489
>>637845
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.