[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knoife General 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91
File: Knoife 6.jpg (292 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Knoife 6.jpg
292 KB, 1024x683
>>
We already have about 7 knife threads. Delete this.
>>
>>621752
The handles on that rc4 look great
>>
Op I will throw you a bone and get this thread rolling (or not, lel) with a bit of controversy.

Bark River, some people hate some people love, and some people think they know ore about knives/knife making then them.

Some people always talk about how they fucked up with heat threat and how their blades break, well Mike Stewart said in this video that they only had like 5 broken knives in the last 15 years. Also he praised their heat treatment, a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30xJyHwQaA

What do you guys think, are the critics right or are they faggots who speak from their ass without knowing shit about knives other than listening to what some shill said in some sketchy YT video?

Said video
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30xJyHwQaA

For me I think I want a Bark River knife now.
>>
>>622416

I'm not gonna search for the 6+ links that show how Bark River is shit and Mike Stewart a scammer, but yea, I think they are shit.

Even a 700$ Busse offers more value for the money than Bark River
>>
>>621752
Would be a great knife general without a Bark River knife.

>>622416
If they want to save their company they will have to admit their knives were absolute garbage at some point. Every good company does this if they want to continue in the business..

Those people at BR have the know-how to make the perfect /out/ knife, too bad they suck cock instead of making that knife.

>>622418
>Busse
I love those knives, but they're too pricy, desu.
>>
>>622437
>If they want to save their company
They're doing really well, all their production is always sold out.
>>
File: brk.jpg (28 KB, 563x422) Image search: [Google]
brk.jpg
28 KB, 563x422
>>622443
Yeah, I know, but that will not last. In the end the Internet (the truth) always wins.
>>
>Tour of Bark River Knives by Mike Stewart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBeknzEg-w
>>
If I were to be honest, I mostly use a bk2, then a 12" okc camp knife (bright orange ofc). My fiskars x15 is the 2nd most used but that's not a knife.

I bought a mora bushcraft in orange to match the okc but it mostly stays in the sheath, until I use it to feather sticks and start a quick fire, then back to the sheath. Idk man, I just don't feel the need for more knives, there might be something wrong with me.
>>
File: 100_2325.jpg (612 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
100_2325.jpg
612 KB, 800x600
>>
File: DSCF0440.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0440.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
From top left.
Lansky world legal, OKC Old hickory butcher knife
Pohl force Alpha 5
Victorinox Alox farmer, USN mark 1 RH PAL 35
Herbertz machete 25 cm.
Mora Bushcraft black, Böker magnum Sierra Foxtrott 3 under other brand
MFH machete
>>
>>621752
$6
>>best
>>knoife
>>ever
>>
best place to get a knife to get in NZ?
>>
>>622457
Oh so you got one of those new double choiled knives.

Lookin good
>>
File: IMG_20151103_1.png (1 MB, 1024x532) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_1.png
1 MB, 1024x532
Hudsonbay.
Homemade file knife.
Mora 2.
Mora clipper.
Dpx hest.
Benchmade onslaught.
Case.
Barlow.
Leatherman.
Opinel 8.

I have a bunch more, but this is what I had laying out on the "EDC dresser". Primarily I carry the mora 2 and the opinel 8.
>>
>>623683
May I ask what you do that you'd EDC a mora?
>>
>>623737
Live way back in the boonies. Got a farm, always innawoods. For the longest time I packed a tacticool Benchmade in my pocket and the DPX fix blade on my belt, but just switched them out for the more traditional knives with the exception that I wear the mora as a neck knife under my shirt.
EDC:
>Mora classic 2 neck knife.
>Opinel 8 in pocket.
>Glock 26 with spare mag on belt.
>Handmade pouch for Hudsonsbay tobacco tin fore kit on belt.
>Surefire G2 in back pocket.
>550 bracelet from the Friendly Sweed with built in ferro rod.
It's been like this for around 6 years now with the changes up of knives here and there.
>>
>>623743
>got a farm
Nice anon. Any pics that you can share?
>>
>>623743
Oh alright kickass. Sounds like a sweet setup in a nice area.
>>
File: 20150710_112720.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150710_112720.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>623762
>>623777
Thanks! It's give and take. Pretty much stuck in the winter and you have well over a hour response time for 911. But living so far out gives TONS of freedom. My back yard is a huge mountain. I have around a huge garden that allows me to grow most of what I eat. I can hop on the atv and be in very isolated places in the woods. I get to swim in waterfalls, shoot guns, play my guitar, and just live free and enjoy Eastern KY.

I don't have any garden photos since everything has been harvested before the first frost a few weeks ago.
>>
>>623683
>>623743
How do you like your Opinel? I'm thinking about getting one
>>
>>623809
I really enjoy it. It's very light, holds a edge great, and the spine is perfect for a ferro rod. Gave $11 for it at Magic Mart.
>>
>>623796
Sounds like an enjoyable life, do you have any other farms near or are you really far from everything and everyone?
>>
>>623832
Carbon or stainless? Really want one for hiking
>>
>>623836
I have around 70 people in a 3 mile radius in my neighborhood which is just a valley that runs between some steep mountains. Around 45 minute drive to town. But everyone here lives off the land and raises a garden, animals, hunts, and makes useful stuff from junk.

>>623837
I got carbon just because I'm so used to it. That and the Ole flint and steel trick impresses thr babes. lol
>>
The spring in my UKPK has broken for no apparent reason. Tt was my favourite knife and my only legal carry knife, I don't know what to do now ;_;
>>
>>623911
Leave Britbongistan or contact Spyderco's CS.
>>
File: 9365966308_517162f1cb_b.jpg (19 KB, 700x530) Image search: [Google]
9365966308_517162f1cb_b.jpg
19 KB, 700x530
>>623228
Is dat a tops bob
>>
I'm looking for an EDC folding knife with a clip that is low profile enough to not be a huge bulge in my front pocket. There are seemingly a million choices and small variations out there, does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>623796
Oh man, sounds like heaven.

Glad it's in the hands of someone who appreciates it!
>>
>>623997
For EDC I like my Leatherman Crater. Cheap, so I don't worry about losing it, but I got it pretty sharp and it peels apples and cuts string as well as anything else I own.
>>
File: IMG_20150405_7.png (2 MB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150405_7.png
2 MB, 675x1200
>>624035
Thank ya, sir. You have to want this kind of life if you live here. Most everyone my age has either moved away or are on drugs.
>>
>>623796
Are you wearing a Ti Citizen? Noice
>>
>>622416
Why Bark River?

I would get one if I had the cash, like the way they look, and I generally like convex grinds, my first real knife was an opinel. Is there a mora tier bushcraft knife that is convex ground? I'd like to try it out, and have limited funds to spend on toys.
>>
>>623972
yep, I stripped the original coating and gun blued it
>>
>>623683
How is the steel on the case? Which one did you get? Also, It's nice to see knives that have been used hard.
>>
>>623997
What will you use it for?
What length are you limited to by law?
What is your budget?
>>
>>623837
I'm a big fan of opinels.
Carbon might be a bit keener, but the stock is so thin that the stainless will still slice better than knives 10 times its price. Also they use sandvik 12c27, which preforms quite well.

I have used both a carbon and stainless no. 6 for food prep/dining, and I think I would prefer the stainless, it's just simpler not to have to worry about rust, patina, and flavor. If I wasn't using it for food regularly, or near water, I would probably go with carbon.

Also, with either, it's easy to maintain a mirror polish using carbide sandpaper on a mousepad, which will help prevent rust and also maintain the grind shape, so that over time the apex won't become thicker. I do the sandpaper occasionally, and the rest of the time use a fine natural pocket stone to touch up the edge.

Also look at douk douks, similar knife but with a flatter handle and a full flat grind, so in some use cases a better option.
>>
>>623228
Was ist das?
Looks like a nice knife
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-07-18-17-22-45.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-07-18-17-22-45.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
>>624164
It was a gift so I'm not really sure. To be honest it doesn't get used a whole lot, but it's held a edge great while just doing basic knife choirs like opening boxes or cutting rope. I have around 50 vintage Case and Boker knives that were my grand fathers, but I just leave them in the safe.
But thanks, I'm in the woods around 3 days a week and I'm pretty big into bushcraft, so I use the crap out of my tools.

>>624105
It's just a Ole $150 G solar g shock. Kinda want a sunnto core, but I heard mixed reviews, and I really enjoy the lazieness factor with the G Shock since it updates it's self and such. Guess if it's not broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>622416

Just go watch YouTube videos of those jokers proudly showing themselves destroying the heat treats on their knives by power grinding edges on them with ZERO attempt at keeping them cool.

They're clueless morons.
>>
>>622457

I don't know why you would assume this. The vast majority of utility knife buyers engage in light use at best and don't know how to sharpen. As long as the geometry is thick enough to be idiot proof, most of them wouldn't know the difference if the blades were 5160 or S110V.

Chris Reeve still makes money hand over fist and he openly admits to deliberately under hardening his S35VN.
>>
>>624173
Tops BOB, a little bit modified
>>
>>624247
You can clearly see them cooling the blades while grinding in the second video
>>
File: lets see if out knows.jpg (354 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
lets see if out knows.jpg
354 KB, 980x735
I think we don't have an axe/hatchet general going on so I'll ask here. Do any of you guys know what type of head is this in pic related? I'm trying to figure it right so I can get a proper handle to it.
>>
>>624446
People get butthurt about reddit, but they may be of help if you can't get an answer here.

Reddit.com/r/axecraft
>>
>>624454
Thanks, I'll wait a few more hours/days because we know how slow /out/ is. I don't really do well in reddit, the general scheme kinda annoys me and I only go there in really last resort when looking for football streams. Again, thanks anyway.
>>
>>623997
Mini Griptilian from Benchmade and Delica 4 from Spyderco are the go-to choices
>>
>>624446
Ask Appalachian axe works, they should be able to tell you. Old axe heads rule. I have some true temper, plumb, and master mechanic heads that are still kicking butt.
>>
>>624167

Basic light tasks like opening boxes, but also to take small bark or fungus samples. I also want it as a last defense against mugging. I work in shady areas sometimes but open carrying a large blade on my belt is discouraged.

I'm in California so I think 3 inches is good statewide, and 4 is still good for most of the state. I don't need anything too big, so I was looking at around 3 inches anyway.

I am starting my search with sub $100 knives, but I'm fine paying more for the right knife.
>>
>>624531

Thanks, I'll look into those.
>>
>>623683
Did you make that file knife yourself? How hard is it to make a knife yourself, anyway? I've been thinking of making one myself.
>>
>>624772
making a knife is super easy. the hardest part is tempering. if you can work with some steel you don't need to temper you are gucci.
>>
>>624760
I have a knife that I use for almost the exact same purposes. You won't be relying on this knife for your life in the bush, remember. I went with a tac force speedster I bought from my px, just because of the guard logo on it.

It's plain and it is what it is, opens boxes and cuts string, whatever. Plus I actually am a paramedic, I might get to use the glass breaker or seatbelt cutter some day.

Point being you can spend 20 or less on a folder and be happy with it, for the description you gave. Look at opinel knives.
>>
File: IMG_20151026_124714_noexif.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151026_124714_noexif.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>624760
>>624824

For the record, if your EDC tasks are limited to light use you would be well served by something as thin as possible, as most production folding knives have geometries optimized for minimizing warranty claims, not for actually being good at cutting things.

As a point of reference, I EDC a blade literally half as thick as most production folders (actually closer to 1/3 as thick behind the edge) and have no issues with it for food prep, cardboard, clam she'll packaging, etc.

The blade is ~1/16" thick at the spine and FFG down to ~0.010" behind the edge, compared to a minimum of 3/32" at the spine and 0.025-0.035" behind the edge for most production folders.
>>
>>624772
Didn't make it but it has a interesting story. I found it at a family members house when I was gifted my great great grand fathers brothers black smith forge. The blower aloneness dated 1901. Just kinda like the idea of something that's crudely made who knows how long ago still being used.
But file knives are pretty easy to make if you have the right tools.>>624772
>>
>>624217
>I have around 50 vintage Case and Boker knives that were my grand fathers, but I just leave them in the safe.

Not that anon but I would love to see pics of those
>>
>>624760
>>624929

This is precisely correct, for everyday tasks a thin blade is superior.
Douk Douk small
Opinel no. 6-8
Mercator K-55

All will slice much better than a contemporary folder because they are ground much thinner. The Douk Douk is my second EDC and I keep it sharp enough to shave with. It's full flat ground, so you sharpen with the whole bevel flat to the stone, pretty much impossible to mess up.

Opinels are also very good, but less low profile. I haven't used a mercator, but they're meant to be very good. Neither has a clip, but you can attach a lanyard

If you're dead set on something with a clip, look at low end spydercos, the Dragonfly would do well, or a Delica. They'll both do those tasks well, but are somewhat harder to sharpen. (Though need to be sharpened less often.) The Chinese made ones are also meant to be ok. (Ambitious, Tenacious, Persistence)

None of the above would work well for self defense, but that's generally true of knives. Just get some OC spray and be done with it.
>>
File: IMG_0317.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0317.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
Picked up this Izula II today, seems like it's going to be a nifty little knoife.
>>
>>625034
Got a pretty busy weekend lined up, but I may be able to get them out next week if this thread is still going.
>>
>>625348
They are great little knives man

Set it up for horizontal carry on the back of your belt. Comfy as hell
>>
>>623796
Pretty late to this thread, but what does it take to live this kind of life?
How did you get started?
Where do you live?
>>
File: IMG_20150315_3.png (1 MB, 672x872) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150315_3.png
1 MB, 672x872
>>625634
I was just born into it. My grand mother was raised up in the mountains a few miles from here where they basically homestead. Raised a big garden, raised animals, and hunted. Preserved food by canning or in a salt house. One person worked in the coal mines to provide what little money they had or needed.

Growing up the elders here taught me a lot about living off the land, bushcrafting, and thr old ways. It's not easy. It's very hard work, but it's very fulfilling to live this type of life.

Mentally you have to be out of step with the world. In today's time you judge success by the type of car you drive, the location of your home and how much money you have in the bank. I don't have a bank account. I have zero credit. By comparison to the rest of America I'm poor. But I don't see it that way. I live a very simple life with freedom. While I may not have a BMW and a gated community, I have a roof over my head, plenty of food that I mostly grew or harvested, and I have a lot of good friends and family. A support system such like family or a community is so crucial to live like this. You can barter for goods or services, or just lend a helping hand and in return you'll probably get several hands helping you when you need it.
The rest of the world tends to look down upon Eastern Kentucky because of the poverty, drug abuse, and coal, but it offers the type of independence that gets in your blood and will never leave. You just follow the old timers and do what they done their whole lives and you'll survive. It might not be glamorous, but it is what it is.
>>
File: next_gen.jpg (75 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
next_gen.jpg
75 KB, 618x412
>>625348

I have one in my wilderness kit. Good knife, for sure - built like a tank, full size handle (people often underestimate the value of a good handle). It's nigh impossible to beat in the price range.

I gotta say, though - just picked up a next gen (stock photo from LTWK website), and it's even better than the izula - close to a perfect edc knife.
>>
Bumpan
>>
>>624070
Is the condor Hudson Bay knife good for Inna woods? I have one but haven't had the chance to bring it out. And mods to consider? I might drill a hole for a lanyard in the future
>>
What about a trail hawk?
>>
Closeup on the other side of the head
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-08-19-10-42.png (328 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-08-19-10-42.png
328 KB, 1080x1920
>>627188
>>627190
Explain this shit
>>
>>627196
You're almost out of battery. Explain what? I posted both in the /k/ and /out/ knife general
>>
>>627190
Cold steel riflemans hawk seems good and cheak once you put a little work into it. how much of a problem is not having a mask? what is the best/cheapest/quickest way to make one
>>
>>627204
Not having a mask?
>>
>>627204
>how much of a problem is not having a mask?

Probably not a big deal unless you're planning on robbing a bank.
>>
File: Basic11Black.jpg-original.jpg (870 KB, 2142x1480) Image search: [Google]
Basic11Black.jpg-original.jpg
870 KB, 2142x1480
OUTTA MY WAY MORA FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>627235
>owning a knife this long
>implying mora is bad
>being this much of a fucking mong
>>
File: Shark_Knife_2.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Shark_Knife_2.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>627235

shark knife eats your busse
>>
>>627250

Shark Knife seem very surprised to be there.
>>
>>627160

I love mine, hell of a chopper. I rather trade it in for a small hatchet + Izula 2.
>>
File: better than mora.jpg (91 KB, 813x448) Image search: [Google]
better than mora.jpg
91 KB, 813x448
>>621752
>>
>>627250

what the actual fuck?!
>>
File: IMG_20150915_1.png (2 MB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150915_1.png
2 MB, 675x1200
>>627160
I use it as my one tool option. The only down side would be prolonged use will cause your hand to get tired. Also, check the swivel on the sheath. After about 2 years of hard use the little robot there was bent a tad. I used some pliers and bent it back.

I just seen all the cold steel hawks posted, love my viking hand axe. Strips bark with ease, notches out a bow drill easily, and you can really choke up on it for detailer stuff. I just don't recommend cutting trees bigger than a few inches with it.
>>
>>621793
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>627528

Nice one, anon. I love a good bearded axe. Tho it looks like the blade is quite far out from the handle how is it for detailed work compared to pic related?
>>
File: Model-3-5-half-pic-1.jpg (726 KB, 1130x1080) Image search: [Google]
Model-3-5-half-pic-1.jpg
726 KB, 1130x1080
>tfw my grandfather left me three Randall Made Knives
>tfw they're so so pretty and expensive I kind of feel bad for using them for /out/ing
>>
File: 1447244322776.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1447244322776.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2592
>>627238

No faggots on this board. Just happy little accidents.

Happy knifing and God bless.
>>
>>629018

The worst life they can have is collecting dust.

You can use an old Randall perfectly fine and you never need to abuse it.
>>
>>627608
le autism buzzword meme.
>>
>>629248
le meme buzzword meme
>>
I don't see much discussion of the actual alloys these knives are made from. Isn't this more important than the brand (factory grind, shape, handle) ?
Are people just using the wrong steel for the wrong job, then bashing it?
Im pretty partial to 13crmov for smaller knives, and D2 tool steel for larger knives I'd worry about breaking.
>>
>>629311

/out/ doesnt know shit for the most part

Where I live non-stainless is hard to come by,

I like vg10 for thin utility knives and INFI is the absolute best for choppers I think.
>>
>>629311
The problem with just buying based off alloy is that there still can be some variance in terms of composition based on the source, the heat treatment each company uses impacts performance, any coating on the blade can impact performance, the grind and shape impact performance, etc.

Aside from certain properties such as rust resistance you would have to do quite extensive testing to prove it is really the impact of a given alloy and then you would have to compare to other alloys to prove any real difference.
>>
>>629317
Is infi carbon or stainless steel? Do you have its composition?
>>
>>629329
All I could find was that it had a carbon content of 0.50%
>>
>>629329

Supposedly close to S7.

Carbon but has stainless properties (ie it's carbon, but pretty stainless in reality)

http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/steelgraph.php?nm=infi

Apparently what's "magical" about INFI is the treatment Busse does, not the composition in itself.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-12-22-26-10.png (131 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-12-22-26-10.png
131 KB, 720x1280
>>629356
>>629358
>How does INFI compare to other steels?

Simple question, complex answer. INFI represents what we have always dreamed of in a knife steel. Tougher, by an enormous margin, than any other steel we've ever tested. It has unparalleled edge holding under high impact and in cutting tests, and shock resistance that begs you to "bring it on". INFI has an ease of re-sharpening that you have to see to believe and higher levels of lateral strength at high hardness than have ever been achieved by any other steel. We have published our test results and our testing methodology. We have video taped all of these tests and play the video at the knife shows we attend. More importantly, we have duplicated these performance tests in "LIVE" demonstrations at many trade shows throughout the United States. We encourage all manufacturers to put their products through our tests and to publish their results. If you want to know how another maker's knife will compare to a Busse Combat knife, ask the other maker to duplicate our tests in a "live" demo.

They sell themselves really high that's for sure. And the prices of their knives are the same.

They seem to have the "perfect" steel. My only doubt is they make it in their factory/ies or they outsource/buy from big makers like bohler, crucible etc?

Pic very related with infi composition
>>
File: 1447244462148.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1447244462148.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2592
>>629366

They make their knives in their workshop, which is not even that big I think.

From experience INFI is really excellent, I love my Busse and I do want many more, but the crazy prices also come from hype and circlejerk.

The limited amout of knives they make (and the fact that they always retire models) works very well for them, because a Busse will always cost more second hand and there will always be people buying every single one in stock.

It's also not that great for small knives, just because there are many other steels that are excellent, like CPM 3v.

Busse excells at what now is being promoted as the ultimate xtreme tactical survival spec ops department, but the real one, ie real hard use knives and choppers.

Many people just dont use knives to that level so there's only hype and brand name left, because an Opinel will always cut and slice better than a Busse.
>>
>>629369
That's a nice knife, judging only by the looks because I've never even been near one , much less having one. Not for my wallet, sadly.
>>
If someone wants to make an infographic or some shit for inexpensive (~20 USD) newbie knives here are some you could include:

-Old Hickory (Ontario Knife) 7025 7-Inch Butcher Knife
- Hultafors 380210 Craftsman Knife HVK GH
-Morakniv Companion (or any other of their knives under $20)
-Cold Steel Finn Bear
-Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter
-Cold Steel Survival Edge

As far stuff I am missing I don't think ESEE, Spyderco, or Benchmade make anything in this price range. Schrade and Gerber do but are hit or miss. I don't know if Buck does.
>>
File: comp.png (23 KB, 844x722) Image search: [Google]
comp.png
23 KB, 844x722
>>629366
>I'll take 3V for 10 thanks Fred

Mo, Si, Mn for strength, Co, Va, W for edge holding/wear resistance plus it's a CPM steel.
>>
File: Arisaka Evolution.jpg (322 KB, 1200x496) Image search: [Google]
Arisaka Evolution.jpg
322 KB, 1200x496
Since I figure you guys know more about knives as tools than /k/:

Redpill me on grinds, is you would be so kind. Specifically, scandi vs convex. Or any other recommendation. Planning on making my first fixed blade knife for general fucking around innawoods and possibly skinning/gutting small-medium sized game animals.

I know the basics of each - scandis are easier to handle while woodworking and are easier to sharpen with just a flat stone, whereas convex are more complicated to sharpen but supposedly have a better edge/edge retention. But is it really much of an improvement?

>Material: A2
>Not making it out of this for any reason other than it's good steel and I already have some stock laying around that's the right length.
>Yes I have access to and know how to machine metal parts.
>Yes I am familiar with the heat treatment of metals and have access to an actual heat treating furnace.

A convex edge would be a bit more work for me to make than a flat, but it's not impossible. I just want to know if the extra effort is actually worth it.

By the way: How springy should a knife ~6-8" OAL be? Assume the blade will be half as long as the tang, and keep in mind A2 generally has a hardness of 58-62 rockwell after heat treat.
>>
>>629551
Scandi is easier to start with, convex in theory is a stronger edge.

and the springyness depends on thickness. I got a home built 1075 with a really fucked heat treat. but since its so thick. I could use the damn thing as a pry bar without worry.. bout the only thing its good for anyway.
>>
File: Watch the fucking backblast.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Watch the fucking backblast.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>629557
The leftover stock I'm starting with is 1" thick, 2" wide and 8" long, so It could be as huge as I wanted it to be. But I figured I'd keep it simple and go for 1/8". How thick is "too damn much" in your opinion(s)?

Keep in mind I'd like to be able to do fine work like skinning coyotes.
>>
>>627615
It feels good to me, but I have large hands. I definitely enjoy using it for carving ad it's light as a knife, but in have the comfort of a hatchet.
>>
File: this.jpg (20 KB, 334x217) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
20 KB, 334x217
>>629558
5mm is about as thick as I would go for a skinning kniofe. Me personally am more fond of actually 2mm and 3mm thick skinning knifes, but I make mine from old HSS tablesaw blades and generally their pretty thin, but stonk as fuck.

but I tend to like my skinning knives to be sorta like pick related, I forgot the actual shape name.
>>
>>623241
how is the quality of that MFH machete?
i have heard 'mixed' stuff about their stuff but this is kinda neat.
>>
>>629566
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 700x400
>>621752
Just purchased the Spyderco Resilience...haven't had the chance to use it much. Fits beautifully in my hand and for the price you can't beat it!
>>
>>629566
it's called an "ulu" i think
>>
>>629571
They're a big farking pocket knife, you using it as a camp knife? Cause I couldn't see myself carrying one.
>>
File: questiondog2.jpg (45 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
questiondog2.jpg
45 KB, 500x351
Dear /out/,
what would be your general purpose /out/ knive, if it had to be all of the following:
- fixed
- max 4,7" / 12cm blade
- full tang
- max ~30$
- robust enough as in neither high performance mangalloy nor 'crumbles away when being looked at too angryly'

TLDR: what would be your full tang mora, all memes left aside?
>>
File: favorites.jpg (285 KB, 1632x960) Image search: [Google]
favorites.jpg
285 KB, 1632x960
>>
>>629650
Condor bushlore.
>>
>>629654
Or Kephart
>>
File: moraxraywtext.jpg (31 KB, 613x640) Image search: [Google]
moraxraywtext.jpg
31 KB, 613x640
>>629650
if you get a decent murra it'll be fulltang
>>
File: BU390BK.jpg (7 KB, 295x228) Image search: [Google]
BU390BK.jpg
7 KB, 295x228
>>629650
>>629655
Or maybe a Buck Omni hunter
>>
>>629650
>a good full tang knife for $30

ehhh.. Condor bushlore and a couple others run around $35 dollars. You could get a condor blade blank for $20.
Schrade SCHF36 is on sale for $28, but that's a 5" blade.
That's all I can find atm. Good luck on your quest.
>>
>>629567
It's chinese dirt. I regret paying so much.
>>
>>629651
>>629651
>>629651
pls r8 /out/
>>
>>629651
>>629720

What are the models? I see a Kershaw Tyrade.
>>
>>629651
>>629720
not my style but seems good stuff, I do like that forth knife on the right though. 7/10 would say
>>
>>629651

I dont care for Spyderco or those hideous ZT curves, RC4 is awright althouugh by thickness i prefer the 3. Ratmandu is 10/10, hands down favourite knife there. Bark River I dont like that back jimping. Becker I have co clue, they're prohibitively expensive where I live. That ZT looks uncomfortable as fuck and is real ugly.
>>
File: 27TMCS_m.jpg (22 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
27TMCS_m.jpg
22 KB, 500x333
i just received pic related
not sure if anyone else has a recon series knife
the handle really put me off at first
the entire knife is super light the handle is almost scary light, but that was not the main issue
the handle surface feels like a cheese grater it's a very rough finish out of box
i couldn't take it so i grabbed some metal coin and started rubbing it until it was tolerable
the grippiness remains but that awful feeling of microscopic barbs puncturing my skin and clothes is gone mostly
love the size and overall ergos and especially the locking mechanism
it will be both an edc knife and a backup blade for the woods
>>
File: 050913_0001.jpg (714 KB, 4256x1971) Image search: [Google]
050913_0001.jpg
714 KB, 4256x1971
>>629821
I will be getting one of these at some point, main difference between the two series being the handle materials.
>>
>>629821
I never held that knife but I have a similar knife that also has a g10 handle. While the g10 does feel rough its not painful or anything. Some knives just have texturing that is too aggressive for a given person.
>>
>>629721
left to right
>delica
>endura
>JYD
>ZT0201
>original kershaw tyrade
>ZT0301
>RC4
>ratmandu
>bark river bravo 1
>bk15
>zt0170
>>
File: $2,000 Knife.jpg (239 KB, 1600x791) Image search: [Google]
$2,000 Knife.jpg
239 KB, 1600x791
>Their knives don't have an RC hardness of 67.
>>
File: $400 Hatchet.jpg (139 KB, 1600x739) Image search: [Google]
$400 Hatchet.jpg
139 KB, 1600x739
>>629937
>Their hatchets aren't handcrafted in a Baltic workshop.
>>
File: $700 Pukko.jpg (493 KB, 2000x1461) Image search: [Google]
$700 Pukko.jpg
493 KB, 2000x1461
>>629938
>They didn't pay $700 for a FUCKING PUKKO.
>>
File: $800 Skis.jpg (331 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
$800 Skis.jpg
331 KB, 680x1024
>>629939
>These skis are pretty cool though. Not that I would ever actually use them. But I can't think of anyone who makes wooden skis anymore.
>>
File: cougar.jpg (107 KB, 775x364) Image search: [Google]
cougar.jpg
107 KB, 775x364
>>629654
>>629655
>>629656 (lol)
>>629660
>>629661

Thanks for putting me on track!
I'm trying to decide between a Schrade SCHF30 and SCHF36 now, tough choice.
>>
File: IMG_2019.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2019.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
160€ well spent
>>
>>630034

I have a David.

A bit tacticool and thick but great quality.
>>
>>622416
I love the looks of Bark Rivers, but they seem to have more than their fair share of fucked up heat treats.
They have a billion different models in a billion different handle varieties. Which leads to a whole bunch of collectors doing nothing with their knives. Leaving the occasional user getting fucked.

>>624446
Looks like a hudson bay pattern.
>>
File: Riverside Winkler.jpg (596 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Riverside Winkler.jpg
596 KB, 2048x1536
>>629937
>>629938
>>629939
I'd love to get a Neeman/Autine but fuck that wait and fuck that cost.
>>
File: exf01.jpg (29 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
exf01.jpg
29 KB, 880x660
What do you guys think of the Hogue ex-f01? I'd never even heard of Hogue before my friend showed me his, but the knife seems pretty damn good. I've seen next to no one talk about it though.
>>
>>630209
Most useless "axe" I've seen. 2015 edition.
>>
File: hogue.jpg (32 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
hogue.jpg
32 KB, 880x660
>>630447
I only know them as rifle stock/pistol grip manufacturers.
For me to want that knife though it would have to look more like
>pic related
I'm not a great fan of having unused real estate between the edge and the grip.

>>630468
At least I'm not the only one.
>>
>>621752
Uk fag here, where do you lads buy your knives from? online pref.
>>
>>629689
thx m8, sadly that was what i was expecting too.
>>
>>630685
Your government lets you buy knives online?
>>
>>630751
epic meme bro I give it 10/10 meme points
>>
File: united cuckdom.jpg (90 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
united cuckdom.jpg
90 KB, 1024x652
>>630936
>>
>>630957
sooo... where does it say I can't buy knives online?

>Thinks that not letting children buy knives is a bad thing.

Noice.
>>
File: united cuckdom2.jpg (85 KB, 504x719) Image search: [Google]
united cuckdom2.jpg
85 KB, 504x719
>>630969
Picture was only to point out how draconian UK laws are, and is also hilarious.
>>Thinks that not letting children buy knives is a bad thing.
Does the government condition you from birth to be this kucked?
Also
>Can't carry a knife in public
>Without good reason
>A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife
With how fucking awful the laws are, it is legitimately uprising that you're allowed to buy an "offensive weapon" online without the Queen's permission.
>>
>>630984
You can carry a knife for no reason, it quite clearly says so.

>It is illegal to: carry a knife without a good reason - unless its a a folder with <3 inch blade.

The court will only decide whether or not you have a sufficent reason if you're carrying illegaly.

can you not read?
>>
File: bushlore.jpg (69 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
bushlore.jpg
69 KB, 800x533
>>630998
Holy shit you actually have been conditioned. Not only do you see no problem with the government telling you you can't carry any knife that isn't a shitty pocket knife at your side, but you actually seem to support it. This is pretty scary actually. I'm so sorry britbro. Try to wake up.
>>
>>631004
Why would I need to carry a knife with a blade larger than 3 inches whilst living in central london?
>>
>>630984
most states in the united states have terrible laws for the possession and use of knives so idk why you are acting all high and mighty.
>>
>>631014
Most of them are still quite a bit better than a lot of other countries though
>>
>>631007
Fuck dude, why do I need to carry a pistol whilst living in central Virginia?
>>
>>631007
this faggot has never had to disembowel his enemies before obviously. what a fucking casual.
>>
>>631007
>need
>NEED
fuck dude come on
>>
File: 360570443_f7def76d28_b.jpg (411 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
360570443_f7def76d28_b.jpg
411 KB, 1024x768
>>631007

You need to butcher a tuna.
https://youtu.be/rs0tS7unwcM?t=2m7s
>>
>>631074
holy shit i want that.
>>
>>631007
you don't usually in the woods 4 inch is better 5 inch is a go anything bigger is probably compensating for small penis.
for edc 3 inch is fine, in fact in my retarded country it's the legal limit pretty much (carrying for no explicit reason and not packed away).
>>
>>630984
>locking blades illegal
what retardedness is this?
>>
>>631426

It may be because they think it's a better weapon than a non-locking folding knife.
>>
>>631460
and a lot less safe as a tool fuck i'm afraid for my fingers whenever i hold a non locking folder
>>
>>630969

I bought knives all the time when I was a kid, because between Boy Scouts and Skiing and whatnot, I needed them, and being out in the woods with the attention span of a gnat, I tended to lose them, so I had to replace them.
>>
File: fuck yeah.jpg (92 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
92 KB, 800x567
Hey /out,

I'm trying to get my hands on a knife in the style of pic related. RH35 and such. I just love the shape and used one once. Had a great time.

My question is, where might I get one?
The only for sale I see online are antiques, cost a few, and just seem to dignified for my grubby paws.

I have about ~$60 budget.

So, anyone know of some new knives made in this style that won't cost me a leg?
>>
>>631602
get a k-bar
don't know about the quality, but it's a military knife (i think the marines uses it, if that's not true pardon me), seems popular and look just like the one on the right.
>>
>>631007
> days later over 100 people killed
>>
>>631602
Buck and Ka-Bar
>>
>>630208

From what I have heard, they also tend to burn the edges when belt sharpening them.
>>
>>623544

Blademaster on Newton, Auckland is okay.
>>
>>631602

yeah man, the rh35 is a beaut of a blade
just go on ebay, type rh35 into the search bar and theres plenty of them on there in all kinds of conditions.

for newer similar knives;
kabar usn
kabar marine hunter
ontario quartermaster
>>
File: bfk.jpg (97 KB, 1201x783) Image search: [Google]
bfk.jpg
97 KB, 1201x783
Anyone here have Ontario's Bushcraft field knife? How does it perform? I like the looks of it, except for the fucking MS Word Papyrus font stamped on the blade.
>>
File: hi_16.5_ww2.jpg (91 KB, 576x300) Image search: [Google]
hi_16.5_ww2.jpg
91 KB, 576x300
sup /out/ - I just ordered pic related from HI. How did I do?
>>
File: 2015-11-15 19.02.57.jpg (2 MB, 1255x2058) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-15 19.02.57.jpg
2 MB, 1255x2058
greetings from allegan michigan. another successful deer season.
>>
File: download_20151118_181308.jpg (209 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
download_20151118_181308.jpg
209 KB, 1280x960
>>632628
lil spike. 3 more to fill freezer.
>>
>>632628
>tiny penis detected
>>
>>632638

this guy only likes large penises...

>>632628

good for you bro.
what kind of blades are they? that big one a timber ratler brand of sorts?
>>
>>632641
gil hibbon combat machete.
>>
>>632629
You've posted this 3 times. Fucking stop.
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
what do you guys think of the lil friction folder i made? d2 steel.
>>
File: ZDP_Caly-3011_noexif.jpg (4 MB, 4916x2765) Image search: [Google]
ZDP_Caly-3011_noexif.jpg
4 MB, 4916x2765
New EDC knife. ZDP-189 is goddamn annoying to thin out a primary grind on in case you were wondering. ZDP takes a hell of a push-cutting edge, too.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some serious sharpening equipment though.
>>
>>632684
Would buy /10

How much?
>>
>>632687
Oh, i don't know man. its my first folder. i don't think i want to sell it. I have alot of blade steel laying arround still. and some g10 aswell. id have to buy pins and the like but thats easy if you are interested man.
>>
>>632692
i have a bar of n690. its suppost to be really nice.
>>
>>632692
Post a few more pictures. And a tape. For size?
Any guesstimate on a price? It looks pretty dope
I need a new small folder. But want something a bit beefy like your pic
I also need to stop being knives
>>
File: IMG_0909.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0909.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>632694
yeah ive got some n690. and some 1080+ but thats for a chopper i think.
>>
>>632696
A bit larger than I thought it was , still a nice knife.
Good work man , if you can come up with an estimate on a price. Il consider it
>>
File: IMG_0910.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>632698
Im not really sure what my work is worth desu man.
>>
>>632699
i dont know why "desu" is in there. i guess it was a typo.
>>
>>632699
Think about it, come up with an estimate
How long have you been making knives ? What sort of tools do you got ?
>>
>>632701
not super long. maybe two years. i took a break for awhile when my belt sander broke.

and nothing special. it doesnt take much to make them. Just get some nice steel and materials from Alphaknife supply. you can use files if you have to. but i use an angle grinder to cut out the rough shape. and a dremmel or belt sander to get it down to what i want, and then i have a belt sander i use.
>>
>>632703
And what about the handles?
>>
>>632699
>>632696
>>632684
Looking good, anon. How did you heat treat it? You should try to design and make one with locking system. I lake that desert tan g10 and kinda matte finish on the blade. I really like the drop/spear point blade shape. Good job.
>>
>>632709
the handles are G10. you could use micarta (if i remember correct) which is just canvas layers glued together essentially. I don't mess with it though because it can mess up your lungs, you need a respirator.
>>632716
just heat it untill its non magnetic and quench it in old motor oil. its pretty brittle though so you put it in the kitchen oven at 450 degrees. for like 15 mins. i guess it wouldnt matter for an EDC if it was brittle now that i think about it. would hold a better edge. meh. Only issue is it leaves this like, black flakey material on the steel. so you have to sand that off, and i got the Matte finish with a sandblaster. bad for rust resistance, but it looks nice. thanks anon!

and i have some like cheap steel which is used for frame locks, but i havent used it yet. If anyone has a cool efficient design id be down to try to make it.
>>
>>632616
>kukri
good meme
>>
>>631426
illegal to carry not to own
>>
>>632700
4chan fucks with the stuff you write auto translates stuff for no reason like a retarded kindergartner
>>
>>632959
an edc knife not carried is pretty useless imo.
>>
>>632732
What thicknesses of handle and blade material do you use ?
>>
>>627483
Who wears Jean shorts
>>
>>633099
My father, he seems to think that shit never went out of style.
>>
>>633101
One of the compensations of middle age, at least for men, is realizing that fashion doesn't fucking matter, and mortifying adolescents with your sartorial individuality.
>>
>>633018
blade steel is 3/16th. idk about handle. probs a little less than a quarter of an inch.
>>
File: 836194.jpg (185 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
836194.jpg
185 KB, 880x660
What are some better sharpening methods than pic related?
>>
>>633730
IMHO, getting some stones and a strop and learning to do it freehand.
>>
>>633141
It doesn't much concern me what he wears, I guess I inherited the no fucks given gene; I'm more concerned about lost business opportunities.
>>
File: V-Hones111121.jpg (17 KB, 511x341) Image search: [Google]
V-Hones111121.jpg
17 KB, 511x341
>>633730
Rods.
Rods Rods Rods.
I cant tell you how much I love mine.
>Geometrically superior
>Only a small, flat, easily controllable area in contact with blade at any time (The absolute best for flat grind sharpening)
>Never have grind flat or re-grind
>Errors will leave a much smaller blemish on the piece you're sharpening
>Easy to clean, does not require oil
>Sharpest I've ever gotten a knife was with ceramic rods (Verified with microscope)
My rods are all I use anymore, I can't describe the feeling but when I find the right angle, its like I can feel the edge like, mate with the sharpening surface. Its just the bee's knees.
>>
>>633902
Know if the Spyderco rod sharpener is any good?
>>
>>633904
I would assume so, no personal experience with it, but even the Lansky rod set is just phenomenal, can't say enough nice things about it.
>>
File: 20151120_225748.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151120_225748.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Done with the lansky 1000 grit ceramic rod at 20 degrees per side.
>>
>>633006
Yeah I understand that. I think the laws are pretty shit. But, honestly, what do you personally use your edc knife for that a swiss army knife couldn't do? This isn't supposed to be an argument, I'm genuinely curious as I've never been left wanting with a 3" non-locking blade. I know there's the point of extra safety, but what apart from that?
>>
Is it really worth spending more than forty dollars on a knife? Past a certain point, they're all the same.
>>
>>632616
u don good. HI has always been better than KH imo. You'll be pleased with it.
>>
>>634176
This. That's why Mora is so appealing to everyone.
>>
>>634173
it's not extra safety i once closed a swiss army knife on my finger still got the scar where they sewed it up
not gonna use a non-locking blade ever again
>>
File: Benchmade_940.jpg (176 KB, 760x600) Image search: [Google]
Benchmade_940.jpg
176 KB, 760x600
>>634179
>>634176
You get better blade steel, better handle material, quality assurance. IF you go benchmade you can get the Axis lock. titanium frame locks etc etc. it all adds to the longevity of your knife. While Mora makes a good cheap knife if my life were on the line, i wouldnt go running for a mora.
>>
>>634190
No i meant locking blades give you extra safety
>>
>>634209
and i said it's not "extra" for me it's an absolute minimum
>>
>>632684
Very nice work anon! I really like friction folders. Do you make any knives to sell?
>>
Newfag here, never been out on hiking/camping, but would love to. I got my first knife today at Walmart, olark trail pocket knife, $4. How well can I expect this $4 pocket knife to serve me, as far as pocket knives go? What are some strong reliable brands of pocket knives?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have a bunch of knives but I never owned an opinel, so bought one. Just came in today.
>>
>>634285
and see now where the hype is cause i find them ugly and impractical by look.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (468 KB, 3000x1689) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
468 KB, 3000x1689
>>634285

is that an olivewood handle?
>>
>>634290

Yeah, Spyderco, Kershaws, and others are more practical but I can find a purpose for this knife. Specifically, the blade shape lends itself well to cutting food. Considering my gf likes to go on picnics, it'll work for that. Plus rustic dining, which I do fairly often. Plus, it's cheap.

Anyway, I rather like the wood on the knife.
>>
>>634291

Yep!
>>
>>634293
yeah i figured it will be good for eating and that's it. my mora was to be honest a tad too big or too much of a blade for cutting bacon.

i have a college that uses a laguiole daily
aside from the fact that he really shouldn't brandish a knife at work and shouldn't eat in the office instead of the kitchen he seems to be content with it.
>>
File: 1431748783680.png (334 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431748783680.png
334 KB, 1080x1080
What does /out/ recommend for babby's first sharpener?
>>
>>634349
Smith's Pocket Pal is good can use it at home or in the field. You can sharpen a blunt piece of metal with it and it's retard proof. That being said it's pretty coarse so its not gonna replace fine grit sharpener or a strop and its also fixed angle.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x450
Thinking of getting the SOG Flash II, can someone else recommend superior folding knives under $50?
>>
>>634465
just get an okc rat model 1, opinel #7 or 8, or spyderco tenacious. These are all better options depending on what you're looking for. Fuck assisted opening also.
>>
>>634465
unless you slice a lot or cut stuff like seatbelts or rope (not cordage) or tough muscle or bone on an animal a lot I wouldn't get serrations on my knife.
>>
>>634173
Convenience most of all. Consider that when you need to open/cut something, one of your hands is busy holding it. Therefore the ability to retrieve the knife, open and close it one handed is key. That, or use a fxed blade. And a dedicated knife is always a better knife than a sak/multitool. And the sharper, and more efficient it is, the safer it is. It's never about just being able to do the same thing.
>>
>>634179
That's a bullshit generalisation. Mora is hardly appealing to "everyone". And higher end knives have better quality and design.
>>
>>634534
U wot m8?
>>
File: 71bFnaAArOL._SX522_.jpg (10 KB, 522x311) Image search: [Google]
71bFnaAArOL._SX522_.jpg
10 KB, 522x311
>>634173
is this knife uk approved?
it has no tip
>>
Question: I see a lot of cool EDC folding knives in the $50 range, but I also see a lot online for over $100, even around $200. How big of a difference in quality is there? How long would a $50 EDC folding knife last me vs a $150 one?
>>
>>634582

Depends on how much care of it you take.

Usually price difference accounts for blade steel, materials used and construction.
>>
>>634567
Legal for carry in UK? No. It has a locking blade over 3 inches. for a blade to be legal to carry in the uk it needs to be shorter than 3 inches and a non-locking blade
>>
>>634612
i'm not talking about the law in fact i was trying to point out how an "illegal" knife can be way more safe then any legal one.
>>
>>634644
Oh sorry for some reason i thought this was a standalone post and not a reply. Yeah, you make a great point with that. Something like that is much safer than the penknife that i carry
>>
>>634582
100-150 is probably the best quality to price ratio before diminishing returns. There are many great sub 100 folders, without doubt.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Gough Custom knives? They're expensive but they look pretty good:

http://goughcustom.com/products/resolute-mk-iii/resolute-mk-iii.html

He also makes based videos of his knife making

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ly5-1bhHU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2YzIih9K5363N4n3ERmhMA
>>
File: KS1660.jpg (52 KB, 1500x769) Image search: [Google]
KS1660.jpg
52 KB, 1500x769
Posting the best folder you can buy for the money
>>
File: 511.jpg (29 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
511.jpg
29 KB, 425x425
>>634749

Are you sure? What about the mtech xtreme ballistic spring assist knuckle knife?
>>
>>634765

Gross dude
>>
ATTENTION /OUT/

I am looking for a pocket knife that will last me my entire life. My criteria:
>I want elite quality steel, from a dependable brand (none of these hipster brands or overhyped/overpriced faggots)
>folding/pocket knife
>partially serrated edge
>not made of wood - i don't want my fucking knife catching on fire if i try to sterilize the fucking thing over a flame
>it must be intimidating looking. Like if a mugger saw me take it out, and just saw the blade, and i said "Just get the next guy". Or at least a black blade, so he can't see it at all if it is dark and I can give him a nice hook stab to the fucking neck/temple area
>ideally i can open it with one hand - doesn't necessarily have to be assisted open
>DURABILITY - can least me decades, or at least until lightsabers become mainstream
>>
>>634780
>it must be intimidating looking. Like if a mugger saw me take it out, and just saw the blade, and i said "Just get the next guy". Or at least a black blade, so he can't see it at all if it is dark and I can give him a nice hook stab to the fucking neck/temple area

jesus Timmy, go to bed, it's past bedtime
>>
>>634780
same guy here, it does not necessarily have to be a folding knife
>>
>>634781
keep talking shit faggot. if you did that shit in real life i would fake a hook stab to your temple, since you would be anticipating it from my comment, and knowing you'll try to block it and expose your chest, i would stab you right in the fucking heart. step up faggot
>>
>>634787
jesus dude post your address we send you some help
>>
>>634787
https://youtu.be/nYpJ37ulsnk
>>
>>634787
btw if you do that you will be knocked out if you run into some guy that knows his shit
hooks are slow and if you are in the right distance for a hook stab you are in the right distance for a right cross which is not only faster than a hook but also can be done while blocking the hook it's pretty standard like first week stuff.
>>
>>634294

Nice. I love the opinels in olivewood.
>>
>>634707
bruh knives are diminishing returns past $20. I like plenty of knives regardless of price but don't fool yourself over functional value.
>>
>>634828

I know my shit. You fucking don't. Last week I got my purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and I did boxing all my life. I am the only white person in my club. Everyone else is a fucking hardcore shitskin or a badass latino cholo. The other day I was sparring an ex-con in BJJ, he was having prison rape PTSD during the entire sparring session, so needless to say, he was going all out. I got him in a sick arm bar and made him tap out. At the gym they call me Fatherhood, because the niggers stay away from me at all costs when it comes to sparring. You think I couldn't handle some fucking cheeto fingered faggot like you? Nigger I will knock your teeth out and skull fuck you until my cum comes out of your nostrils.
>>
>>634848
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: 1447312922684.png (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447312922684.png
131 KB, 640x480
>>632699
>>
File: 20151122_005251_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151122_005251_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
My BK 9. Still got a lil bit more work on it.
>>
File: 2015-11-22 17.10.22.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22 17.10.22.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>634899

Stupid thing keeps turning my pics side ways. What a hooker. Trying again.
>>
Hey guys, how do I into knives?

Do you guys have a somewhat cheap ($30-$60) knife that is pretty much all purpose that won't break when innawoods?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.