[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/out/ ultimate fishing box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
File: 2137B.jpg (359 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
2137B.jpg
359 KB, 800x800
Hi guys!
I thought it would be really cool to design an ultimate fishing box that an aspiring angler could do well with out on the lake without spending too much money!

So, if you could only own one Plano/Flambeau box with lures for the rest of your life, what would you include?
P.S. it would be great to include a picture/link to the lure and write why you choose it.
>>
File: 7256125-origpic-b2b9e3.jpg (517 KB, 2213x745) Image search: [Google]
7256125-origpic-b2b9e3.jpg
517 KB, 2213x745
I start with a Rapala Jointed Shad Rap.
Casts far, good depth and can be retrieved with different speeds. My favorite crankbait overall - you can catch everything from small perch to big northern pikes with this lure.
>>
>>707329

Check the catalog page before starting a new thread;

>>707140
>>
original rapala
mepps
williams spoons
jigs
hooks
misc crankbaits
bucktails

really depends what you fish though, I do mixed species but if i fished just pie itd be trebel hooks, spoons and cranks, for walters it would be cranks and jigs, bass hooks and jigs, ect ect

figure out what is around you and google what they bite and how to work what they bite

also unless you exclusively fish from a boat, fuck actual tackle boxes like the one in your OP. Get a cheap (or expensive whatever) backpack and fill it with plano boxes. plus then you can fit more essential shit in easily like food water and tools you may need
>>
File: IMG_20160308_230021_-400240865.jpg (207 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160308_230021_-400240865.jpg
207 KB, 640x640
Definatelly these... Buy 100pcs for around 6eur in aliexpress
>>
>>707398
welp now i have $30 worth of shit in my aliexperess cart
>>
File: Pipi the Dragon.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Pipi the Dragon.gif
1 MB, 499x499
1. your gear should vary based on time of day, season, temperature, cloud cover, and the local species of fish

2. it's better to carry a small pouch of lures proven to work in the current situation you find yourself in rather than a huge tackle box

3. you can catch literally any fish on corn
you literally don't need anything but hooks, corn, bobbers, and split shot sinkers
>>
>>707398
6 bucks for 100 pcs? Is that assorted colors?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>707329
3 of everything
>>
>>707350
At least it's not another knife or homeless thread.

>>707329
I mentioned this in the other thread, somebody should sell a decent starter kit for bass, panfish, and general lake fishing that runs somehwhere between $50 and $100.

First of all, a tackle bag is the way to go in most situations. I will never go back to a regular fold out box like in that pic.

For a complete setup, I would say everything would have to come in 3 sizes- 1/8oz, 1/4oz, and 1/2oz. And in a few different colors- a gold/silver, a chartruese or firetiger, and then a black or another natural color for certain lures.

So you would need a few sizes and colors of:
Mepps/Rooster Tails
Traditional Spinnerbait
Poppers and weedless frogs
Floating crank like original Rapalas
Suspending crank like Husky Jerks or X-Rap
Regular diving cranks
Rat-L-Traps or similar
Spoons

Then of course the soft baits. Worms, grubs, paddle-tail flukes, crawdads, maybe lizards. And then all the weights, hooks, jigheads to go along with it.
>>
>>707542
>You can literally catch any fish on corn
Hue hue hue

Found the asian
>>
Why bring all of that shit when you can just bring a taser and shock the water?
>>
>>708267
Why waste batteries when you can just use a stick of dynamite.
>>
>>707329
>One box of chit for life

I go through crankbaits like there's no tomorrow. Barely get a summer out of em. They get scratched up, lip comes off, hooks need to be replaced, start tracking funny. Would need to be a big box.
>>
>>708290
>stick of dynamite
That gunpowder could make a lot of bullets, ergo more fish.
>>
File: tacklebox11111.jpg (362 KB, 1393x979) Image search: [Google]
tacklebox11111.jpg
362 KB, 1393x979
>>707329
>one lure per space
>only setup for Lure fishing
Waste of money when a small plastic container will carry all the lures you need.

I also have that exact same hook extractor, Filleting knife and descaler, some more lures, around 30 pre-rigged hooks and a spare spool for my spin reel rigged with 200 yards of 8lb Trilene sitting under all the other shit on the bottom of my Plano tacklebox. Don't be afraid to load that shit up.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (93 KB, 1048x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
93 KB, 1048x576
>>708267
Realistically you could use one of these. Fisheries use them all the time.

>lower probes into water
>ZAP
>any fish within a 10 meter radius is stunned and floats to the surface
>tagged and released with virtually no harm to the fish
>>
>Rapala Original Floater
>A popper
>Shallow jerkbait
>X-rap (At least one)
>Two more lures each of deeper running
>Soft baits of various types and sizes (eels, shads, minnows, shrimp, etc)

Thats it for lure fishing that i can think of rn.
Basically you want to have a variety of colors and want to cover all depths you can reach.
>>
>>708325
Oh yeah, spinners too. I forgot em cos i dont use em.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>708318
Heh, can you still close it? I overflowed my box of soft baits and just started keeping them in the pocket of my tackle bag. And my crankbait box is next, I normally have to keep a couple of them in a smaller box so I can close it.

Thank god spinners, especially in-lines, are compact so I still have room left in that box.

Also, you ever thing about grabbing a bag instead of the box? I will never go back to a regular tackle box after having this bag.
>>
>>708318
That roosta in the top right corner is a dream to cast and retrieve. I love it.
Ya got some weird looking ones too.
>>
>>708336
>ALL
>THAT
>GULP

Is powerbait the same as gulp or nah? Right now it looks like one is scented by being dipped in water, adn the other is just scented?

>>708318
Octopus hooks, my nigga.
What are those savage gear scissors?
>Triple posting cos im retarded
>>
>>707578
What to use for trout in a fast moving river?

Not fly fishing tho
>>
>>708382
Spoons
Spinners
Anything flashy
>I work at a fish hatchery
>>
>>708384
Reel it or let it flow in the river?
>>
>>708363
Gulp has a stronger scent, they come with some stinky oil in the bag or jar. If you leavd Gulp out of the bag, it will dru out and shrivel up.
>>
>>708392
reel it with the current
>>
>>708393
Which do you prefer?

Also i assume i can dip my other softies/hardbaits in the gulp liquid? Thats the only way ti would justify the price.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>708452
Idk I have really good luck with the Gulp. It's hard to compare them to other soft baits since the Gulp is almost like real bait where they get torn up by fish or you throw them out after a bit.

The curly taik minnows are great.
>>
>>708452
Also if you were to dip other baits in the Gulp juice, it wouldn't be the same. The Gulp lures are alnost likea sponge and soak up the juice a little.
>>
just this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7QwteLR4fs
>>
>>708336
Yeah only JUST, you have to move stuff around to find a way that fits everything but its possible. I have a Plano Guide series bag but it's full of Saltwater gear. I don't really do much hiking with freshwater so the tacklebox will do for now.

>>708358
There's so many brands of freshwater lures to choose from in Aus it's ridiculous, so many people start out making lures as a hobby and end up turning it into a business.
>>
File: $_35[1].jpg (12 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
$_35[1].jpg
12 KB, 300x278
>>708363
Yeah, like $15 from ebay, they still cut braid 2 years on and you can change split rings and remove hooks with them, a bonus is having them easy to reach on your belt. Just wish the flat bit had teeth so you could grip hooks a bit better.
>>
File: Balista hunchback.jpg (41 KB, 426x489) Image search: [Google]
Balista hunchback.jpg
41 KB, 426x489
>>708358
Oh and FYI that ugly looking thing in the middle of the top tray is a surface lure, you can remove the bibs on them for storage which is great because the things are huge.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.