[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homeless survival thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 16
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 440x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 440x360
Sup /out/?

I'm trying to put together a list of stuff i think might come in handy if i am to end of homeless, My situation is looking more and more uncertain everyday as i am unable to find a job and my state is booting me off the welfare so i'm trying to get prepared if i end up homeless.

I know a bit about survival and i watch a lot of survival shows to pretty much have the basics down.

So here is my list tell me what you think or if i need to add or remove items.

toothbrush
toothpaste
soap
razor
deodorant
toiletpaper
boxers x4
socks x5
tshirts x4
shorts x2 pants x1
para cord
tarp
knife
android phone
phone charger
pre-paid debit card

I figure the pre-paid debit card might be better than carrying whatever cash i might have and android phone serves both entertainment and communication purposes even without service as a wifi device.

the para cord and tarp i can use to make a quick shelter.

the knife for defense and preparring food etc

extra clothes in case what im wearing gets ripped or torn.

personal hygien stuff so i don't rot away.
>>
Instead of 4 tshirts, get 2 longsleeve button up shirts. They're more versatile and have pockets. For trousers, I would recommend two of the long kind and no shorts. If you need shorts for some reason then make one pair of trousers the zip-off kind.

Use the weight/money saved to have more socks. Homeless people almost always end up wearing beat to shit dirty socks and getting foot infections.

You don't need a razor, but if you want to shave then I guess it's important. Good call using the soap as your shaving soap, try to pick one that doesn't dry out your face.

Toothpaste is a waste of money, it's no more effective than brushing without paste. You can also buy a bunch of cheap salt from the grocery store as a mouthwash. It's more effective and less harmful than garbage like listerine.

If you think you'll end up homeless you should seriously buy a van. You can get one that will run for maybe $1000. You don't want to be sleeping on the streets, it sucks.

Are there no daily labour agencies in your vicinity? If where you live is really that bad, go somewhere else.
>>
>>685514
I have about $174 dollars to my name right now so buying any kind of vehicle is out of the question for me.

They have temp programs in my area i might check out but really im just burned out with my state and the lack of opportunity here, Just about everyone i know moved away years ago and have found jobs and shit, I feel like im just wasting my time here so my soul kind of wants to just wander around until i find something else which would make me homeless for at least a short period of time.

Thanks for the suggestions on the gear will keep in mind.
>>
>>685498
toothbrush
toothpaste
toiletpaper
boxers x6
socks x6
shorts x1 pants x1
para cord
tarp
knife
android phone
phone charger
sleeping bag

fixed
also there's a homeless thread already. check catalog. bowl of rice. go there and delete this thread
>>
>>685546
No soap? lol Your list is stinky mode man.
>>
>>685557
Can you fucking read?
>>
>>685498
there are so many shelters that provide for your needs. if your state is shit for homeless shelters, and all of your friends have moved elsewhere, sounds like you should move on as well.

lots of shelters also provide great assistance for getting you on your feet. i stayed at a shelter that had a computer lab, a binder with job postings updated weekly, and a program that paid for my first months rent and security deposit, then 75% of the second month's rent, 50% of the next, finally 25% of the fourth month's rent. three meals a day, breakfast and dinner were hot. stayed on a gym mat on a basketball court floor with 50 or so other homeless people but i gladly took that over trying to sleep in my car.
>>
Here's a great multipart series on it:

https://youtu.be/5xNDo73fjSs
>>
File: img_2673.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
img_2673.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
One piece of advice I would give is get a bike, being homeless on foot is a pig.

Being able to flip about a city to arrange food, shelter or a job is just so much easier on a bike,
At night you can bike far away from other homeless (your biggest threat) to sleep.

Try to get a good bike but make it look shit and get a real good bike lock (like a motorbike lock). One that if you locked your bike up to a lamppost for a few days you know it would be there when you came back.
>>
My list:
> a job
> a network of friends
> a Toyota Chinook RV
> or pickup with camper
> a savings account
> a mid-size cruiser (Kawa 550 LTD or other)
> a great gf
> a backup gf
> nurturing my famly ties
> a college degree or diploma
> a pet hawk
>>
You don't really need the boxers.

If you're concerned about the cold then I'd suggest you get some long thermal underpants then.
>>
Hit up the goodwill in the nicer part of town on the reg. I guarantee you'll find some decent camping gear for cheap. Also don't be a recluse, ask the other homless in the area for advise. Usually their some of the nicest people you can meet, but use your judgment obviously.
>>
You might want to get WEP cracking or something for that phone for more delicious internet.

Also, steal a bike.
>>
>>686434
>a great gf
C'mon anon, let's be reasonable about this.
>>
>>686438
you definitely fucking need them
lots of spares
>>
>>686734
True dat, you'll probably shit yourself at some point. It happens when you eat odds and ends
>>
sleeping bag is essential i think. may depend on climate though i guess.

tips:
* talk to other homeless, be generous (but not a total cuck) and respectful / open minded. You might learn things and make friends.
* that said, stay away from meth heads and violent druggies.
* keep your eyes open for abandoned buildings & sleeping spots.
* no easy urban shelter? bike ride to the edge of the town and set your tarp in some bushes.
* try to minimize your carry down to a single medium backbag.
* learn to cook/make fire outdoors. it takes maybe 20 days until it no longer feels weird and actually becomes easy. cooking on your own makes you feel more in control and saves money.
* take the suffering as a challenge. read on buddhism to make suffering more bearable... or something. its not going to be fun all the time, so better prepare for feeling like shit in advance.
>>
>>687388
* you need good shoes. i suggest trying out various designs over time. others prefer sturdy hiking boots, some go for as light as possible (vivo barefoots / slippers).
* remember: just cuz youre homeless doesnt mean you have to become an alcoholic / junkie / crazy recluse. You can still face all people as equals and be smart and organized. Dont let others define you.
* A smart phone will entertain you up to a point, but i suggest you cultivate other hobbies as well. Volunteer at some do-good project, join a local Magic The Gathering ring, etc.
* i dunno, adapt.
>>
>>687393
dealing with streetkin:
* dont lend or borrow money. its always a mistake youll regret.
* dont gossip.
* dont tell cops anything.
* if you anger a violent street person, and dont have friends to back you up, consider moving to another city...
* dont loiter too publicly (cops will spot you).
* share your cigarettes / extra food / resorces with others (but be more generous to those who return your favors)
>>
>>686406
wrong answer LOL. bike is far too cumbersome to both insure the safety of and travel with. rather have a good pair of boots than a bike

OP. being homeless itself is very easy, even enjoyable. its the igniting your next civil life thats an issue. to catalyze your experience, you may need a membership at a place to shower and do laundry, maybe even has lockers. being homeless in industrial towns and cities is wholly depressing, but in coastal cities its almost a culture. the ocean represents so many things to the vagabond.

have a water bottle and know the watering holes. public libraries (central libraries, regional ones are very suburban and shouldnt be encroached upon) have many resources such as restrooms, water, computers.

in some areas (all this is speaking from USA), the vagrant will buy bus cards, as the investment in transportation and sometimes a subway to sleep is what it is.

you should actually be less frugal (mentally) as a vagrant. for example sometimes i would go into a restaraunt and ask for a cup of water, which im expecting to be free, but i will still tip

idk if you are religious, but if you are, it is invaluable to wear a sign of your beliefs in view. if you arent religious please dont do this just for facades sake.

one of the most shocking things i think is just how cold nights can be, unless you live somewhere tropical. the continuous coldness is far different than going to the store at 2 am to pick up a beer

5 dollars can get you a subway sandwich, or it can get a 2 pound bag of trail mix. generally you go for the trail mix. sometimes you will want vibrant foods, so i suggest have an apple sometimes. at night after a tiring day, the cool apple is WHOA so rejuvenating

idk what general advice to give. act moralsome. do unto others, make your intentions clear, be upstanding. there is no pride to be lost eating bread out the trash or sleeping on a bench. although sleeping upright is a bit less assuming

and most importantly. socks
>>
>>687418
also my critique comes from having a bike during a vagrancy. it expedited things when you were goal oriented, but if you are not goal oriented (ever) it is a massive weight. it is like having a child, there is no downtime
>>
>>687426
good insight.

been homeless for two years, experimented on 3 modes: bike mode, foot mode & unlimited bus card mode.

bike mode:
pros:
+easy to run errands.
+fun to explore bigger road maps.
+can operate at night (unlike my citys bus system)
cons:
-needs fixing.
-needs to be protected from stealing.
-valuable, a weight on your soul, cumbersome ownership capitalist mind rot.
-makes you not appreciate chill wandering walks... makes you impatient.
-makes you miss things because too fast.
-difficult to make human contact on the street when people pass by so quick.

unlimited bus card:
pros:
+lowers your motivational threshold for meetings friends from other side of town.
+chance to rest your feet.
+allows heavier carry (more ownership).
+allows lighter clothing in winter.
cons:
-many of the same as with bike.
-makes you lazy.
-expensive.
-fucks up your brain wiring: the world is more varied than the bus-stop node-based network.

on foot:
pros:
+lets you look around freely while moving.
+lets you stop whenever, start whenever.
+lets you go where ever! freedom!
+long walks build endurance.
+opens up your 3rd eye.
cons:
-tiring in the long run.
-your feet can break if you walk too tired or with bad shoes.
-increases your motivational threshold for travel.
-slow.

All in all, i suggest cycling through modes month by month. This allows for your feet to rest and get varied excersise.

Also my bike philosophy:
If you find a bike, ride it while you ride it, but dont lock it up. Let it get stolen, let it be free. This takes away the worry of ownership.
>>
>>687819
You are a fucking idiot and I assume homeless by choice so you don't feed into the "man's" oppression of your soul with society's forced capitalism on you.
Seriously, fuck off.
>valuable, a weight on your soul, cumbersome ownership capitalist mind rot
>allows heavier carry (more ownership)
>but dont lock it up. Let it get stolen, let it be free. This takes away the worry of ownership.

you are fucked in the head
>>
>>685514
>Toothpaste is a waste of money, it's no more effective than brushing without paste. You can also buy a bunch of cheap salt from the grocery store as a mouthwash. It's more effective and less harmful than garbage like listerine.
so hard to distinguish between broscience and bullshit these days
>>
>>687819
What are you even talking about?

Make sure the damn bike is locked up.
>>
>>685498
I been homeless a few times.

mostly you want a sleeping bag and at least 5 layers of warm clothes. You'll wear the clothes all at once.

a cheap pup tent from walmart is nice too.

anything else will just get stolen. your shit will get stolen. Weapons will just get you arrested. Getting arrested can be a nice change sometimes though.
>>
>>687841
>anything else will just get stolen.
you do sound like you know what's up
same was told to me by a social worker who seen this first hand
>>
Get a Kindle (and a good case), load with books.
Charge in a library (or solar panels).
Lasts for weeks.
Soon as you finish a book, start another one.
Good on the road entertainment.
Keeps you from getting to depressed.
>>
>>687885
>Kindle
Ownership and feeding the capitalistic structure. You need to avoid these things at all cost.
>>
>>687825
i believe he is implying that you should neither put all your eggs in your bike, not be unwilling to part from it completely, which isnt wrong. by keeping a relationship with any of your items platonic, you actually have more freedom of mobility than keeping the bike insured, even though youd assume the bike represents freedom of mobility itself
>>
File: forlaffs.png (370 KB, 605x414) Image search: [Google]
forlaffs.png
370 KB, 605x414
>>685498
alright, so I've gone homeless for a few months at a time while hitchhiking across my country (Canada). Was a mix of wild and urban environments. First, you want to make sure you only pack one bag. I used a 60L bag but if you're going for longer term situations then get a bigger bag for extra survival equipment.

-basic toiletries should be able to fit in a small pencil case
-extra food supplies in a thin lunch box (not insulated, you won't ever have fridges, get used to eating old unrefrigerated food)
-good utility knife, multitool, and scary knife (for scaring off scary people, just hunting/military style)
-toilet paper
-4 underwear + long johns
-4 socks, all different thickness for varying weather (layering, replacement if lost/wrecked)
-1 or 2 of each: tank top, t-shirt, longsleeve, hoodie or coat. Have both nice-looking and hobo-looking of each, Nice-looking for going hitchhiking/working, hobo-looking for not getting mugged in cities .
-1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of pants (typically jeans). chances are you will just end up wearing the jeans and rolling them up if it's hot, you won't wear the shorts as much as you think
-android phone, charger, replacement battery, external batteries
-just get a bank card so you can deposit money that you recieive right away
-condoms (you never know)
-Sleeping bag! Warm but not so warm you can't use it most of the time. A good sleeping bag will make sketchy spots sleepable with its coziness.
-(OPTIONAL) tent. Pros: Rain, bugs, animals, people. Cons: Weight and volume

Now, this is where you have 2 options:
a) Getgud at music, get an instrument and learn it good. Makes you more money than other spangers.
b) Extra work clothes/ equipment. You get more money but you also work more and don't get to be drunk in the streets as much. You'll want to find farms or other jobs where you have housing on-site.

And... I once met a hobo with rollerskates. I have to recommend that too.
>>
>>686406
>>687418
>>687426
>>687819

On the topic of transportation, when I was traveling with no money I had a skateboard that was equipped with longboard wheels and trucks. It strapped to my backpack very well without sticking out too much when I wasn't using it, it was great for getting around urban areas, and also useful when hitchhiking to move from low-traffic spots to where you want to be.

Pros: Very portable, (can carry on your bag), saves TONS of energy, can hitchhike and take on metro/busy buses/freight trains

Cons: expensive, will have to walk up or down inclines that are too steep, maybe someone will try to steal it, fuckers always asking to try it
>>
>>687939

May I ask how you posted that?
>>
If i end up homeless im not going to stay anywhere that gets cold so.

I would probably go to south florida or the keys or socal.
>>
>>688163
Pls go to California. We don't need any moar bums in South Florida.
>>
While im thinking about android phones a few good apps cone to mind.

Firstly an offline maps app there are a few out there so you have to experiment with which is best but it could come in handy when you are lost and dont have a data plan or wifi connection, The app will still work and help you find your way.

Second get magic jack app, You pay $10 a year and basically get a number anyone can call with unlimited minutes, You can use it to make free calls over wifi, Also does free text and voicemail.

Next get an app called "wifi map" it's an app that lists all the free wifi people have shared in your location.

Also there are a few survival guides and homeless resource info apps too.
>>
> hey man, howz it going?
> Cool, gimme your fucking Kindle, mutherfucker!
>>
>>688514
This is why OP should probably get a cheap .38 snubnose.

Albeit if he's in a commie state he'll need a CCP, and that costs money.
>>
>>687939
>avoid millions of books in one convenient device
I know where you're coming from but a kindle is probably one of the most freeing devices ever if you're homeless
>>
>>688163
Do not come to SoCal we have enough homeless people
>>
>>688096
>hobo with rollerskates
aw fuck where'd i meet you
>>
>>688692
I can go wherever i like, Your not my boss.

Besides at the rate this system is discarding people you better get use to seeing homeless and poor people walking around.
>>
>>686434
>>686679
Actually a good idea. Chicks seem to love to "fix" you anyways. Bummed off a couple gf's for months at a time before leaving them for better.

If you have to lower your "standards" of get in, do it!

> park bench /out/
> fat juicy pussy /in/, watch tv while she's at work, maybe go down to the pool when it warms up

Choice is clear to me!
>>
>>688777
/out/ hates the homeless
and also gives the worst advice when they try, good intentions, woefully ignorant
>>
>>686434
> a great gf
> a backup gf
Bruh... I hope one of them is rich. Women are expensive as no other.
>>
>>688849
>and also gives the worst advice when they try, good intentions, woefully ignorant
This. Their poor advice is due to the fact they can either go home when they want or have the income to buy more stuff. Be careful of what you read to on here.
>>
>>688704
Toronto, about a year and a half ago
You might not be the only one though
>>
>>689183
not me but funny all the same
>>
>>688170

>Second get magic jack app, You pay $10 a year and basically get a number anyone can call with unlimited minutes, You can use it to make free calls over wifi, Also does free text and voicemail.

If you're doing it over wifi anyway why not google voice number? It's free and reliable all the same.
>>
>>688531

8 he carrying the gun around, in pretty much all states require a conceal permit.
>>
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you cannot find a decent shelter to assist you, look into getting a 24/7 gym membership. They're usually less than twenty bucks and offer showers, places to change and use the restroom etc. May keep you from feeling less than human.
>>
>>689326
not sure if it's been mentioned, but don't do this shit
if you're staying in one place you're doing it so fucking wrong
>>
Tips for being homeless with a dog?
>>
File: IMAG0709.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0709.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>689343
homeless with dog here
any specific questions
>>
>>689360

how do you keep the dog fed?

any major issues with parasites?

how did you end up homeless with the dog?

how long have you been homeless?
>>
>>689387
i have a bag of dogfood for emergencies, she eats people food mostly because she hates the dogfood and doesn't wanna eat it. you can dumpster dive for dog food at pet stores if you need to. or fly a sign, ask folks, just buy it.. not hard to get. most people will want to help your dog more than they wanna help you.

frontline is $30/month. absolutely necessary. hate it when people don't take care of their animals out here. and if it gets sick take its ass to the vet.

by choice, 4 years and counting
>>
>>689397
>4 years and counting
Wow. You should make your own thread about your experiences, and why you chose this lifestyle. And pics of your camp.
>>
>>689438
i have and will again. i post in most every homeless thread too. i'm a traveler
>>
File: sngls.png (144 KB, 1000x963) Image search: [Google]
sngls.png
144 KB, 1000x963
>tfw soon to be homeless
>have a sizeable amount of money in the bank
>Decide it would be better to just pack up my things and hit the road than burn through my savings

Am I guaranteed to have the shit beaten out of me or my things stolen? I can put my shit in storage, but I'd like to carry a cheap phone around to read pdfs and browse the chon
>>
>>689447
no you'll be fine
>>
>>689360
About to leave to go travelling by choice.
Do you hitch hike? Is it hard to get a lift with a dog?
Im thinking about getting a dog after I leave, mostly for protection and company. There was just a backpacking attack close to where I'm heading (Australia, of course), so it might deter any attackers. Would you recommend and why?
>>
>>689447
Just don't hang around punks and you'll be fine.

If you hitch just feel them out before accepting any rides.

>>689505
Dogs seem like a dumb idea imho, It's like traveling with a newborn baby that constantly needs attention and food etc, It can get hurt or killed following you through urban areas.

Pets are just another liability when your homeless.
>>
>>688096
I plan on staying in warm areas so i wont need all those heavy clothes.

multitool is useless, Big fixed blade knives are illegal in mos areas and will get you in more trouble than they are worth, Get a smaller folding knife, More portable and concealable.

Sleeping bag is another bulk item you don't need, Just get a tarp and some para cord and sleep in your clothes, Music instruments might be kinda useful if you are inclined, I am not and have no interest in it so it would just be more bulk, Toilet paper can be easily stolen from public bathrooms.
>>
>>689360
what's your dog's name? do you use leash while you are in an urban area?

there's a homeless guy in my town with a dog
and i'm amazed at how well educated he is (the dog), he never goes more than a meter away from him, never gets off of the sidewalk, never barks.
>>
>>689360
where you at
>>
File: IMAG0459.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0459.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>689505
not really harder at all. get a dog that's been trained and is a few years old already. my dog is 8 and i've raised her from a puppy. she's part chow and has a real nasty bark, she hates wingnuts and tweakers and all them fucks so it works out.

>>689553
>It's like traveling with a newborn baby that constantly needs attention and food etc
have you ever been around a fucking baby? it's nothing like that. if your dog gets hurt you're retarded, and theyre in no way a liability.

>>689608
her name is olive. i have her on a leash in towns and shit, she will chase a squirrel or a cat and yuppies freak the fuck out if the big scary black assault dog isn't chained up.

>>689648
kansas city
>>
>>689688
She's beautiful.
>>
>>689688
Thanks for your advice. I'm still deciding, and I think I wanna hitch solo without a dog a little first. But yeah, thanks. Thats encouraging.
>>
>>689812
It's a fucking dog, not a woman!

Pic related, you permavirgin sap!
>>
>>689336
not true. 24 hour fitness has memberships that persist to all clubs of the same type. basically if i buy a sports 24hr membership, i can use any~ sports gym i find. speaking from absence to counter someone speaking from experience is an inherently flawed course of action
>>
>>687819
Fucking druggo
>>
>>690129
Holy shit that was dumb anon. You know about gyms? You know fucking nothing about being homeless. Fuck a gym.
>>
File: image.png (845 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
845 KB, 640x1136
>>689688
>>689688
You ever get tired of people coming up to you and telling you great your dog is and wanting to pet him, that's all I hear all day, then they talk to him like he's going to answer I usually don't say my thing and when he doesn't answer them they look at me with a defeated face like it pains them to talk to me and ask his name haha he gets me a lot of money though
>>
Currently homeless anons.

What you do with your time?

Do you have any goals or aspirations?

I was homeless for a short time, I slept in my car, worked during the day, took showers at the gym, but luckily had a P.O. Box for my mail.

I'm doing a better now thankfully and even though being homeless sucked in a lot of ways in some ways I miss it.
>>
>>686406
Never been homeless and this sounds like a shit idea. Bikes need regular maintenance esp ones like in your pic. Most idiots will let the chain go too long which will wreck the chaining and rear cassette.
>>
>>689688
Dogs seem like they would be a burden to me, You have to constantly worry about their health and food and there are many places that don't allow dogs so that kinda limits were you can go unless you trust someone enough to watch it for you.
>>
>>690598
Not homeless or dog owner.
Nevertheless what kind of places, that dont allow dogs, do you imagine going to as a homeless?

Where im from you can leave dogs unattended while you browse shops and whatnot.
>>
File: WP_000733.jpg (757 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
WP_000733.jpg
757 KB, 2592x1944
>>690275
not really. drunk college bitches love her, and they love to pay me. it's annoying how many people assume i don't take care of her though. i punched a dude in the face once for trying to buy her off me, would not fucking leave offered me 100 for her, went all the way to 500 over the course of like 3 and a half hours. he just kept coming back. the last time he got all in my face so i hit him. she bit a wingnut once that tried to pet her even though she was barking and growling at him, idiot. she hates wingnuts. it's funny how the college bitties will bend down to pet her and talk to me, all their dickhead friends stand behind them looking so fuckin uncomfortable trying to get her to leave over and over. funny fuckin yups.

>>690391
get drunk, smoke weed, play music, rage, travel. as far as aspirations, i'm livin it. i love my life and my time is well spent.

>>690598
>You have to constantly worry about their health and food
no, you don't. at all. my dog has been sick once in 8 years. an ear infection. 4 of these years weve been homeless.

>there are many places that don't allow dogs
there are many places that don't allow my dirty ass with or without her. fuck going inside places, what, i need to visit some yuppie store where i can't take my dog in? i go in walmart to take shits in the middle of the night and she comes in with me.
>>
>>690652
I'm surprised the manager hasn't said anything to you about bringing the dog in wally world and also even allows your dirty ass in the store at all.
>>
>>691044
told them she's a service dog.
>>
Homeless heroin addict here. Im from Stockton CA. I've been on the street for almost a year now. I know in about to get berated for lmaoOpiates, but if you have anything you'd like to ask about the sketchy side of bumming, feel free to ask.
>>
>>691125
Best places for unobtrusive, safe shelter?
You just get your water from public source? Food?
Most cherished posessions?
>>
>>691135
In the city, there are none. Every other bum/homeless knows where every spot is, who's carrying money, booze, drugs, smokes, anything of value.
Sex is the main currency between us once everything mentioned previously is used up or taken.
Your only way to possibly be safe is if you bus out of the area and have a stash set up far away BUT somebody will find that too. They will trail you.
Also you can't move in on existing areas. They are owned and trying to move in on somebodies spot is only going to end bad for you.
We'll protect our own but that starts with whose been there the longest. Newcomers are basic bitches and have to earn thier keep and way in to the community.
>>
>>691135
I'm the Stockton junkie, but for clean water I go to McDonalds or Krispy Kreme, or any fast food outlet really, as long as you're not a aggro fuck you'll be OK. >>691186
He's right, but honestly it's not hard to be nice to other people in your position. If you don't have a monkey on your back things will be a lot easier.IIve never had to sleep with anyone for anything lol... Don't listen to that shit. Just be cool, don't give more than a dollar or two away when you can, and don't judge us scarecrows. If you need tips on making easy albiet risky money let me know as well.
>>
>>691135
My syringes,my heroin, my phone, my mummy bag.
>>
>>691339
>If you need tips on making easy albiet risky money let me know as well.
not the person you are responding to but please do tell
>>
>>691344
do you keep fresh rigs man
>>
>>685498
I found myself in a similar situation over a decade ago, I had no family to speak of or any ties so I hitched (for the most part) from North Dakota near the Canadian border to Florida.

It's a lot easier to be poor in a place where you don't have to worry about freezing to death half the year.

Good luck.
>>
>>685498
Just wanted to add that you should be very wary of the police once you become homeless, they are not friendly to homeless people in general, some are okay but most are assholes, try to keep your temper in check or they will jack you up and throw you in jail.
>>
>>685498
>toothbrush
>toothpaste
>soap
>razor
>deodorant
>toiletpaper
>boxers x4
>socks x5
>tshirts x4
>shorts x2 pants x1
>para cord
>tarp
>knife
>android phone
>phone charger
>pre-paid debit card

hobo here to sort you out.

tooth brush yes
tooth paste will explode fuck that shit you can get more for free
fuck soap you won't need it
razors a re free too
fuck deodorant
carry napkins not toilet paper
carry 1 pair of boxers be wearing the other
no more than 3 pairs of socks and wear them till the die. i score free socks all the time
don't carry extra pants that just more weight than you want to keep
make sure your knife meets legal specs otherwise pigs will fuck with you.
only wear the clothes you need.
sleeping bag!!! if you don't want a bag carry a huge blanket to rap up in that drys off easily
keep all electronics and important paper work in ziplock freezer bags and line the inside of your pack with two garbage bags for water proofing.

also learn to fly a sign so carry a good amount of permanent markers of all colors. but always have a black one.

I've been hobo traveling for over 5 years now and wouldn't live any other way. Most important thing to remember is to stay light weight. if your pack is to full stores will run you off and you won't be able to get food in places. never leave your pack unless you burried that shit like it was your last pound of cocaine.
Everything else will come and go like clothes, food, money, friends, especially crazy ass gutter sluts. always have fresh water, clean socks, and peanut butter is a life saver.

most important fuck canned food. each can weighs at least a pound. like i said try to stay light weight and forget being clean.

if you wanna get clean spange up enough money to get a hotel room or bitch out and hope you can find a shelter. clothes can be found at shelters or catholic charitys places.
always ask a home bum where the bum feed is.
dont tell anyone you have more than $3. and make sure to wash your balls.
>>
>>692063
also don't forget if you're sleeping on a hard surface to put clean cardboard down to insult you from the ground temp.
>>
>>692063
>spange over a bill for a hotel to shower
>not showering for free at drop ins or truck stops
it's like you're not even trying
>>
>>692097
nah i'm not, fucker can figure the shit out for himself for all i fucking care.

and i've never flipped a hundi for a hodi. most i'll pay is $40 and thats if it's gonna get me laid. otherwise the bitch can enjoy me in a flying j
>>
>>692100
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck a ho tel
bitch want my 40 dollars she better be ready for me to ash my jeffry in her mouth all night
i aint puttin out neither
>>
>>692112
why are you so mad?
do you wanna cuddle in card board dumpster and talk about it?
did some trucker had you a 4 day old biscuit and tell you it was fresh?
>>
>>690107
Eight years. Eight years on this goddamn site, and I've never seen a post this retarded
>>
>>691339
Would LOVE to hear money
>>
>>692144
ever tried reddit?
i hear people that think they know everything go there all the time.
>>
>>688164
Stay away from California, too. It's where hoboes go to die.
>>
>>688777
>you better get use to seeing homeless and poor people walking around.

Norcal here. Got used to that about the same time the recession really got rolling. What you don't get used to is the astronomical mortality rate among hoboes. Hypothermic corpses start cropping up any time we get clear nights following rainy weather. Hoboes don't have enough time to dry their gear out and it kills them.

Then there's the health issues, dietary issues, substance abuse issues, random violence by strangers, and just general bad luck. When you're living on the street, your survival margin is razor thin. It goes with the territory. You either accept it for what it is and deal with it, or it kills you.

You don't bitch and moan about how society is to blame. If you're on the streets, you own that shit. It was your bad decisions or bad luck that got you there. Nobody likes a professional victim. If you're homeless, you NEED to be likeable. It's part of your survival toolkit.
>>
>>691044
Used to work at china-mart. Our policy was that it's offensive to ask to see service authorizations, so just assume all animals are service animals.
>>
>>692300

How the heck do hobos not have money saved up from pan handling? You'd think they could spare $80 for a cheap motel to not freeze to death

OR maybe I'm overthinking it. If they had the mind to save they maybe wouldn't be homeless.
>>
>>692333
I man get's less money spanging than you think.
Most of the time they get a dollar here dollar there but when it adds up it tends to be less than hoped for. Not to mention we tend not to be crabs with our money and help an alcoholic out with their dt's so they don't get sick as fuck.

Some are just no good with money and buy useless shit or they actually buy food that costs too much just so they don't have to walk 2 miles to get to cheaper food.

But get something straight, if you see that same bum day in and out for more than a month he's not a hobo. Thats a homebum, big fucking difference. If you call a real hobo a homebum get ready to get your shit split.
>>
I heard a gym-membership can be useful, especially if its from some chain that has gyms in many cities.
In a gym you can go to the toilet and take showers to stay clean and have a better chance to find a job and get a house again.
>>
>>692474
why always about get a job and get a house and conform.
Fucking clueless people that still don't remember what the recession did to our homes and what it's gonna come back to do again.
Even in an apartment you're still technically homeless. You don't own that shit in the Ununited Slaves of Murica until you succeed the entirety of it from the government. Even then they'll come and take that shit from you just because you aren't conforming to their standards of living.

Work your ass till you die and never know how free it is to be a hobo.

Hooverville was a bunch of pussies waiting obediently to be put back into the matrix. Just keep taking your red pill and thinking homelessness is a problem. It's not though, take a blue pill and see that's how we take the power back. Our minds, bodies, and lives are free to do as we please and it doesn't make Billionaires richer.
>>
>>692486
So instead you survive by asking for money from others
>>
>>693139
everyone asks for money. some people are just retarded enough to think indentured servitude is something to be proud of.
>>
File: IMAG0374.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0374.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
what kind of people sleep in the dirt
>>
>>691049
Scummy...
>>
>>693177
deez nuts
>>
>>693159
It's a matter of perception, if you turn off your prejudice and fastidiousness, you'll be ok with it. Just change an angle of view.
>>
>>692486
>Fucking clueless people that still don't remember what the recession did to our homes and what it's gonna come back to do again.
Some people weren't retarded enough to buy the giant McMansion on the expectation that it would continue exponential growth in value forever and instead bought a smaller, modest home they could buy outright. I don't care if the house goes down to 1/4 or even a 1/12 of it's value, I own it and still live in it without a worry since I wasn't planning on selling it anyway.
You sound like you live in CA, which is a fucking hilarious state. Enjoy your life when the water finally gets sucked dry. Call me a faggot living in a flyover state, Reverse Dustbowl gonna fuck all the commiefornians, Dehydration Holocaust best day of my life.
>>
>>693393
birch please, that's the entrance to the cave I'm staying in
>>
>>692464
I see homebums all the time in my area, You hobos think you have it all figured out, The homebum lives in a house and makes his living bumming.

I saw a one the other day at walmart, He climbed out of a brand new caddy, Popped the trunk, Put on some dirty rags and started panhandling at the street corner, People were handing him 5's and 10's left and right.

I've been thinking about doing it myself since i have an old wheelchair in the basement, You know crippled bums make mad bank out there.
>>
>>693953
you're fuckin retarded, and a liar
homebumming gets you jack shit and anyone who is homeless will tell you that
fuckin ignorant yuppie shithead
>>
>>693953
Zomg please have your buddy vid you when you panhandle in a wheelchair.
Do it with a horse mask on.
>>
>>692305
>offensive to ask to see service authorizations
Umm... it's ILLEGAL to ask to see service authorizations. Allow me to back that statement up with a link so nobody gets all NUH-UHH! on me.

http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

In summary, people CAN:
>ask "is the dog a service animal required because of a disability"
>ask "what work or task the dog has been trained to perform"
People CANNOT:
>ask about the person's disability
>require medical documentation
>require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog
>ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task

Hope it helps.
>>
>>693956
105k last year, tax free. You're right, it definitely doesn't pay
>>
>>693158
Its always nice to see a post that's so well thought out that the haters don't even bother trying to argue it.

Good job, anon!
>>
>>694052
where bitch
>>
>>693976
Nah you can't be silly and get away with it, You gotta look like a disabled and sickly guy.

It helps if you can look like an old vet then you can take advantage of the knee jerk patriotism.
>>
>>692063
I bet you stank like maw fucka.

When's the last time you washed your dirty ass?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54wbEYu-uB4

everything in this video plus

everything in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkJeYA6OadA

plus maybe this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uff_R8jhoXg
>>
>>693956
>homebumming gets you jack shit
If you live in an area where there is a steady supply of non-locals who don't know what's up, then you do make bank.

Unless you have a better explanation for why every single fucking panhandler in my city has forearm crutches.
>>
>>694086
>bicycles
>huge knives
>useless tools
You don't need any of that shit if your homeless it will just get stolen or lost or get you in trouble.
>>
Let's talk about weather.

Where do you stay when it rains? I guess you could sleep in the woods under a tarp but i don't know if i would want to be out there in a lightning storm though.
>>
>>694068
>where
Right, like I'd ever give up that info. I miss when the kid was young, that was serious bank, people love an adorable kid.
>>
>>694745
just find a relatively empty dumpster
>>
>>694838
must be fun to pretend to spange on the internet huh fag
>>
>>694380
cuz you see old fucks out there standing doesn't mean they are making bank
>>
>>694745
under something.
>>
>>687819
>makes you miss things because to fast
Okay Sanic.
>>
>>694745
Glad to see so many dirty kids here on 4chan these days.

I usually pick a doorway of a random business, or the porch of a house for sale, or any similar situations. More likely than not I pick a business and get up an hour or two before they open.
>>
File: image.jpg (623 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
623 KB, 1936x1936
>>694745
Under a bridge, or like last night a tornado came through Texas and was pouring down huge chunks of hail and I found an unlocked shed in front of a hardware place it was great, or get money for a motel it's easy in Texas
>>
'respectable'/'civilized' homelessness a viable prospect?

I have a regular job and can live with a degree of comfort (compared to out-right homelessness) but rent is stupid expensive and I'm still living paycheck to paycheck which is its own discomfort; is living out of a sedan 'rubber tramping' possible while still maintaining a facade of being well-to-do?

At least with a vehicle one would have a lockable place to store food/gear and sleep, though I imagine it'd still be cold at night and still have to worry about maintenance and being broken into but I figure the savings from not renting would cover that, as well as not letting the interior look like its inhabited (only own what will fit in the trunk and move everything into the trunk when not sleeping).

Hygiene/clothing and diet are the major concerns that crop up; being able to store clothing so they aren't a wrinkled mess every time would help, use gym or public restrooms for hygiene could work; wondering how well insulated coolers could store perishable foods and what the staple foods might be though.

Vans and RVs seem as though they'd be too 'obvious' (ie "yep, someone is definitely living in there.") so I figure sedan/SUV/pickup would be the best option for stealth tramping. Tint the windows and perhaps bolt/glue on some reflectix insulation to the trunk, perhaps get a folding bike to store in trunk to save on gas and for recreation and/or backpacking/camping supplies for change of sleeping scenery on days off.
>>
Not a homeless person but I am something of a self defense expert.

Carrying a big knife for self defense is a bad idea for a number of practical and legal reasons.

One of the best legal carries is a sturdy cane or walking stick.
Legal literally everywhere, sometimes actually useful, and is quite effective. Only 2 real down sides I can see.
Not as easy to scare people off with it because it don't look scary, and takes slightly more physical ability to use to its max potential then a knife.
>>
>>692300
I work psych in norcal. We get alot of Gravely Disabled(unable to provide for their own food, shelter or clothing) people in during the wet season(there is no winter in Ca)
>>
>>698457
norcal definitely has a winter. how far north
>>
>>695235
I had to do that a few times, I found one that belonged to some sort of print business, it was full of shredded paper and card board, it was soft and comfy as fuck!
>>
>>697041
The thing is, tweekers don't know that, they're more afraid of a big scary knife
>>
>>698468
Santa rosa. All the trees and grapes are budding.
>>
I want to turn my life around and hitchhike, trainhop, and panhandle fulltime.
What are some absolute essentials for this lifestyle?
I was thinking:

4 t-shirts
2 button up longsleeve shirts
Sweatshirt
Jeans and cargo pants
Waterproof jacket
5 pairs of wool socks
5 pairs of boxers
Hiking boots
Spare shoes
Flipflops
Colshawl/bandana
90L backpack
Mummy sleeping bag
Tarp
Sleeping mat
2 towels
Toothbrush, nail clipper, tweezer, toothpaste, soap
Multitool
Large knife
Headlamp
Two 1L bottles
2 messtins
Truckload of permanent markers
Bic lighters
Roll of toiletpaper
Map of europe
Watch
Compass with mirror
Ziplock bags
Garbage bags
Roll of tinfoil
Sewing kit
First aid kit
100 euros for emergencies
Id card
Phone with charger
2 books max
Harmonica for potential busking

Thoughts? Too much shit? Did i forget anything? Is a 90L backpack too big for this?
>>
>>685498
Get a fucking job. Quit being so lazy.
Or be a mid twenties to mid thirties white male and then repeat steps one and two.
>>
>>698665
Why would you waste every day just for a little more comfort? Ever since i became a hobo my whole vision on the world changed. Its bizarre how almost everyone has a job and a house, just because everyone is raised that way. From your birth you were told you should get a job and your own place, but if you actually do what YOU want to do, you might live a happier life.

I have been wandering the streets of america since 2008 and its the best decision ive ever made. I have been in 35 states and i want to see them all. Its like im on a constant vacation, im just not paying for anything.
>>
>>698669
yea im gonna call bullshit
>>
>>698672
Do you even realize how many people live this kind of life? Probably not, youre at work all day.
>>
>>698675
>>698669

I suppose it's a small price to pay, you know, the fact that because you don't have a home you'll never really own anything or have children you can take care of and raise to become great
>>
>>698678
You dont need to raise children to live a happy, fulfilling life.
>>
Dunno if it has been posted in the thread, but what's the best backpack for someone who's homeless? I don't care if it's expensive. I just need the perfect bag.
>>
>>698695
All the homeless people I've seen just carry a trashbag full of french fries.
>>
>>698704
Yeah because they're drunk/drugged out fucking scum. I'm actually an urban survivor and I need a good pack
>>
File: img_38383.jpg (44 KB, 650x414) Image search: [Google]
img_38383.jpg
44 KB, 650x414
comfy as fuck
>>
>>698707
>>698612
Be under 25lbs and be concelable if ur going to train hop senpai, also ask yard workers for which trains are going where.
>>
>>698717
There are no bulls in europe
>>
>>698675
nah, i can just tell that you are talking out your ass. want to know how i know that?
>>
Homelessness seems like it would be fun for a while but after a while it would probably get lonely and you would get tired of being dirty all the time.

Living in a van might be slightly better because then you would basically have a portable home you can take anywhere and not have to worry about how to get from point A to point B, Downside is cars come with their own expenses so you would need some sort of income to pull it off.

Just about every van dweller i have seen is either on disability or retirement income.
>>
>>689360
I want to get a dog for voluntary homeless travelling. But they're banned from all national parks in my country. And that's where I would hope to be spending a lot time.
>>
>>698707
wha tthe fuck is it
>>
>>698759
thats nuts. i'd do it anyway, fuck em
>>
>>698741
fun forever
spange for money
bum it up
>>
>>698741
I know a guy who bummed around in a van for a couple years hunting mushrooms and selling them to restaurants
>>
>>690592
Homeless with bike like picture here.... yeah I'm carrying tools and a spare chain cassette and lube. It's too much to carry. I feel really tempted to try and sell the bike some times because of how much the tools weigh.

Things were easier when I was hitch hiking around with no bike. But it was really hard once I got into the citys.... stopped hitchhiking and camping after getting bitten by a snake... so lucky it wasn't poisonous.

Slowly getting out of homelessness now, brought nice cloths from a thrift shop dressed up like a business man. I'm well spoken and educated so I had some luck.

But actually quite like a hobo lifestyle so may work a year save and then be a motor hobo.
>>
>>685498
>boxers x4
why
>>
>>696792
Vans aren't too obvious if you get some thing that looks like a working van. You'll need to insulate it good though if you live some where cold.

Another option is a box truck style thing. Some thing that looks like a white movers truck. Cut a sun roof in the top for light. Then kit out the interior. Those can be super nice inside. But can be cumbersome to drive around a city unlike a van.

Rents too fucking expensive these days. Its a big drag on the economy.
>>
>>698612
Too much stuff. Try to get by with a 65litre backpack. The lighter your carry the better. Also consider one or two merino wool boxers too.

I didn't see a tent or a bivy sack in your list. Where are you going to sleep?
>>
>>698914
I put a tarp on the list. Would a tent be better?
>>
>>694694
If you're not of the survival mindset
>>
>>698848
You wont be spanging for anything when this next recession hits. Just wait until the STEM and Tech bubble pops.

There's a storm on the horizon.

But at least you have learned valuable survival skills during your time.
>>
>>698989
the spange will never die anon, and the dumpsters will always be full
>>
>>698989
People with survival skills for living with low to no income will deal with economic down turn better than jo suit that loses his job and apartment and ends up surcidal because he lost all his possessions.
>>
>>686395
Fuck that was amazing
>>
I was already planning on quitting society this summer but it looks like i only got 2 more weeks.

I got about 800 euros left and tons of bills i cant pay anyway. Fuck it im buying camping gear this week and then im fucking gone. Im gonna live on panhandling and hitchhike for the rest of my life.
>>
>>699881
Don't freeze though. Condensation is a huge problem when living in a tent. It's pretty hard to stay warm some times at night. Hitchhiking around some times there's literally no where to sleep so you just don't sleep that day.

If you're going to hitch hike be prepared to be a good listener since alot of people like to talk about there shit. Also don't be that dude that sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder about life when talking to others.

Its better if you can pay your bills if possible so they don't mount up. If you start off not oweing any thing that would be pretty great.
>>
>>699896
I will hitch south in the winter and north in the summer. I was wondering if its a bad idea to stay in europe though. Would it be better to go to america and just stay there forever?
>>
>>693158
>>694059
It's not correct though. It sounds cool, but it's glossing over the fact that he requires the system supported by those "indentured servants" to support himself. He wants access to the product of others' labor without putting in any of his own labor into the system. It'd be different if he was outside of the system, living off the land, but he's not.

That said there's nothing inherently wrong with alms (the concept and practice have been around as long as society itself) but if you're turning back around and denigrating those that keep the system you live off of functioning then you're being a massive faggot. You must realize that it's not possible for everyone to take from the cookie jar and keep getting cookies.

All this is probably pointless discussion though, cause I get the vibe from this thread (and others like it) that most if not all of the people in here aren't actually chronically homeless and are either talking hypotheticals or roleplaying, or are the kind of homeless where you spend six months couchsurfing at friends' houses with a couple of nights of actually being out on the street (if any) before you go back to living somewhere semi-permanently again.
>>
>>700286
The system is why people are in the shit. Wake up dude.
>>
>>700286
I don't know, sometimes I get that vibe you're prescribing in these threads, but other times I'll be in a homeless thread and all the sudden there's there or four of us who are pretty serious vagabonds and you can usually pick us out from the couchsurfing idiots or role-playing douchebags because when you've actually been doing it for so long you start to see all sides as contributing to their own problems and stop telling people what they're doing wrong.

If you're a true vagabond you don't need to tell people what they're doing wrong until they ask, and even then you don't need to condemn them for their different lifestyles.

t. posting from my stealth camp spot outside some business in this town I just got to today
>>
>>700292
The system, flawed and broken as it is, is still what you skim off the top of to survive if you're living off of alms. And, like it or not, you're still part of the system if you doing that, you're just not putting anything into it.
Being homeless does nothing to fix the system, and it doesn't harm the people that broke the system. Also note that the "indentured servants" aren't the ones that broke it.

>>700294
I think my "all" was a bit over reaching, because like you say there are a few actual homeless in these threads. But most aren't.

I don't think it's anything specifically to do with these threads, mind, it's just 4chan and the internet in general being what it is. "The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact" should be at the top of every page.
>>
>>700304
Almost no one can completely escape the system. The indentured servents are the ones keeping things going. Please don't forget war and hunger are a part of your beloved system.
>>
>>700304
We know we can't fix the system we just don't want to be enslaved by it of at all possible.
>>
>>700286
man i've refuted every point you guys make about us in every single damn thread but /out/ just doesn't listen. you'll skim over every legitimate answer i give and spout the same tired crap.
your shitty way of life will be around forever. i don't have to subscribe, and not paying in doesn't make me shit. you like to say we don't work for this. i wonder what you'd call it, living by the skin of your teeth, making something out of nothing every single day. i do more in a week than you probably do in half a year but you'll still turn around and call me a lazy piece of shit because i don't pay taxes.
you wanna sit there and shitpost the same anti homeless rhetoric that /out/ loves so much you go ahead but anyone reading these threads can see for themselves how full of shit you are
>>
>>700304
You are exactly what broke it. You and your yuppie ancestors let yourselves be enslaved by fat ugly bureaucrats and governmental society is what we have to show for it.
Thanks, assholes.

No shit it doesn't fix it, nothing can ever fix it. We are so far past that point it's ridiculous. People are hard wired to obey and conform. You will sit there at your computer and defend your pointless way of life to the death because there's just no chance in your mind that you could be doing the dumb shit, not me.
The only change any of us can effect is in our own lives, mine will never be wasted on you and yours, and the whole fact that you expect us to be apologetic or something about 'skimming off the top' as you put is absolutely retarded. Not to mention that you just decided yourself that most everyone is roleplaying. Most of you shitposters don't even bother reading the threads, or even our posts in full, as sorely evidenced by the broken record arguments you tirelessly type out for us. I'm not sure why you even come in the threads at all, you don't want to understand, and you contribute nothing but ignorance. It's like if I were to go in a thread about what yacht to buy and started calling everyone clueless white bread idiots that have no idea what life is about. Fuckin' pointless.
>>
>>699912
come to america at some point. the traveling culture is great here. i hear mixed things from people coming back from overseas, but i don't see why you couldn't have just as good a time doing it over there.
>>
>>699912
>>700421
something to look into would be yurop rainbow gatherings. you can check facebook and go party with hippies for a few weeks every once in a while.
>>
>>700397
This >>700286 is my first post in this or any other homeless thread, prior to that I just lurked.
>and not paying in doesn't make me shit. you like to say we don't work for this.
I wasn't one of the anons calling you shit, I was just calling that other guy out (maybe you, dunno) on turning around and shitting on people that keep the system going that you rely on. I actually have no problem with alms by itself.
>i wonder what you'd call it, living by the skin of your teeth, making something out of nothing every single day.
Just cause it ain't easy doesn't mean you're actually creating something out of nothing. You're still not actually producing anything to put into the system.
>i do more in a week than you probably do in half a year
I doubt it, I work in a trade.
>but you'll still turn around and call me a lazy piece of shit because i don't pay taxes.
I never mentioned taxes, but I could see how you might think that's what I meant by putting into the system. All I mean by that is that normally you spend your time and effort to create something (a product, a service, etc) which is then exchanged for someone else's product or service, and that you're not doing that first part while still wanting access to the products and/or services which others' created.
>you wanna sit there and shitpost the same anti homeless rhetoric that /out/ loves so much you go ahead but anyone reading these threads can see for themselves how full of shit you are
As I said before, I haven't posted in any previous threads.
>>
>>700408
>You are exactly what broke it. You and your yuppie
I'm not a yuppie, I'm a plumber (& hvac) in Oklahoma. It's hilarious how you think you have me pegged, though.
>ancestors let yourselves be enslaved by fat ugly bureaucrats and governmental society is what we have to show for it.
Unless you come from a long line of homeless that never paid taxes, owned property or worked for pay, your ancestors are also the ones that broke it by your standards. Realistically though, the system was broken even before their time just like it was broken before ours. It probably feels nice to blame the nearest person for all your and the world's problems and feel righteous anger at "what they did" but it's not accurate.
>you expect us to be apologetic
I don't; I just said that it was an asshole thing to do to turn around and shit on the people that keep the system going while having no power to change the system themselves. The system which you, like it or not, rely on.
Unless of course whoever first used the term "indentured servants" meant specifically rich assholes in which case I'd like to point out that you're not talking to rich assholes in this thread.
>It's like if I were to go in a thread about what yacht to buy
Ah. That is what you meant. I don't know if you think that everyone that rents or owns a place that they live in is actually rich, or you just think the people in this thread (or maybe just me) are "buying a yacht" tier wealthy, but none of those are correct. The people that are that wealthy don't give a shit about you, or me, or a shitty anime-inspired outdoors imageboard.
On a side note, it's funny how quick people are to decide that anyone with even slightly more than them is a rich asshole; it's the same mentality that had russian peasants with only one mule hanging those rich two-mule peasants during dekulakization. Course it does continue all the way up so that you have people making $100k a year complaining about the people making $200k, etc.
>>
>>700802
Put into to the system? The system is the problem. The system is designed to waste human effort and keep people busy. Its in efficient with peoples labor so they have to keep working to keep things going.

Look how much wastage there is in society. Planned obsolescence? Planned waste of human effort more like it. One car or one phone etc is not good enough you have to keep buying and producing. The truth is humans don't need much to survive and be happy. We could be happy in a small shack and have time to actually grow our minds and come up with new ideas rather than just work out asses off to buy things we don't need.

Fuck supporting the system. Its not helping is creating the damn barriers.

You just don't get it.
>>
>>700802
>>700806

Bait!
>>
the guy calling everyone yuppie is pretty well known on the streets. white, has a dog, is educated, but thinks hes more educated than he is. has a subtle disdain for blacks, and is in his position because of insecurities about many things, but mostly by putting himself in a position to fail, he can always have something to blame other than himself, where if he had attempted to be productive, he would be exposed to failure.

there is nothing wrong with the frontier life, but when you start becoming autistic about it, constantly wrathful, its time to look in the mirror
>>
>>700807
What system you talk about so much?
>>
>>700812
just because i curse on the internet doesn't mean i'm wrathful anon, i'm super happy and my life is set. i do real well for myself and damn near everything i've tried to do has worked out great for me.
it just kills me to be a cog in the machine. i came from jack shit, and working my ass off all through my best years just to escape my situation is about the closest you can come to setting yourself up for failure. i left everything i knew behind and forged myself a new life where i can really be happy and appreciate living. i win, and i'll call whoever i want a fuckin yup because this is america and i say and do whatever the fuck i want because freedom.

why do you think i have a subtle disdain for blacks
>>
>>700822
Society, the man made socioeconomic structure geared to bring down the many in favor of the few.
>>
>>700864
America doesn't have much freedom. It looks like an authoritarian hell hole from what I see on tv. America sure as hell doesn't have freedom of speech. At least not any more.
>>
File: dog with garlic.jpg (72 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
dog with garlic.jpg
72 KB, 500x667
>>700868
Dull those edges and read some books.
>>
>>700869
i do, they can't take my freedom because no one owns my ass. the only time shit like that applies is when you try to fit yourself in the box.
>>
>>700871
Look around you.
>>
>>700869
We've got it better than a lot of places, but you're right. You're only free to do what you want, if what you want is what the government tells you to want.
>>
>>700864
because you perpetuate white western archetypal constructs while in a situation that usually forces racial intermingling, assuming there is a larger homeless culture where you are. being a bum means you will see people of all walks of life, so there is no time or motivation to complain about others. that fact you do so tells me you are living an insulated life even while out in the elements. which suggests active and motivated segregation. that or your environment is naturally insulated from the homeless melting pot
>>
>>700883
the fuck are you talking about, the only thing i perpetuate is being a traveling kid. i call out the people perpetuating white western archetypical constructs on the internet. that's why the fuck i have been calling people yuppies. i'm in the shit, i've been home free for 4 and a half years and you're insane if you really believe i have bias like that from posts that have fuck all to do with race and everything to do with classist bullshit. i also don't get why you think anyone homeless or not would mingle in the 'homeless melting pot' no shit i don't fuck with most homeless. i don't fuck with most people in general. on the street, if you're not a traveling kid around my age i don't have shit for you, there are some exceptions just like anything but for the most part it's fuck you, pay me. i keep every sketchy fuck far away from myself and it has nothing to do with fuckin race of all things.
>>
>>700897
thanks for proving me wrong
>>
>>700918
Not that anon but what are you trying to prove here at all? You make some incredible assumptions.
>>
>>700927
Hes just trying to bait you. He can't argue with any thing you're say so he resorted to a character attack.
>>
>>700929
I just don't understand where the racial segregation thing came from either. If it's bait, oh well. Most of these threads are so full of bait there wouldn't be a thread without it.
>>
>>700936
It's much easier to attack a persons character than to defend an idea.
>>
>>700936
i take the bait pretty much every time
>>
>>700946
or maybe you are too fucking stupid to comprehend whats going on. stop samefagging in an effort to restore your anonymous reputation
>>
>>700949
Samefag? Really? You can't even explain yourself so I'm just samefagging every post.
>>
>>700949
I just finish saying its easier to attack a persons character and then you go ahead and call me stupid.

Comprehend whats going on? I unfortunately am too aware of whats going on. Ignorance is bliss.... I'm sure you're happy :).
>>
>>700965
>>700965
>I unfortunately am too aware of whats going on. Ignorance is bliss

i recognized my hypocrisy and made no effort to hide it, did you notice yours? an enlightened person never makes a claim at knowledge, only the ignorant
>>
>>700968
Are you going to talk about ideas or continue with character attacks?

Ideas are important.

However talking about people is just a distraction from what is important.
>>
What everyone think about home bums and grey hound?
>>
>>692291

>That's where hobos go to panhandle for more money than I made in a month as military.

Fucking monterey.
>>
>>685498
invest in some GOLD BOND! powder does wonders for feet
>>
>>703198
Not just feet but ass and balls too
>>
>>703111
Fuck them both?
>>
>>686406
Why bring a bike when crackheads sell them for $5 everyday.
>>
learn to hit dumpsters.if your gonna travel you dont really need to carry clothes.clothes are easy to come by.clothing banks food banks.not like youre gonna do laundry or have a kitchen.stash your valuebles.dont take cool stuff.you will lose it and regret not hiding it at your moms house.dont have that attitudes that these pricks have.the world is grimey and these are the kids that get raped in jail.the trick to being homeless is looking homeless.if you look fresh everyone is gonna try to take advantage of you.if it gets real bad ask a mason 3 times for help
>>
The vagabond life had always appealed to me, but how does one make money while on the road? Carrying a guitar around doesn't seem very practical if you're spending a lot of time away from people and getting temporary labor wherever you are seems too unreliable to make enough money out of.
>>
how hard is it to be homeless with a doggy?
>>
>>706400
music is one of the best ways to make money, you can do it anywhere.

>>706608
easy
>>
>>706400
Steal purses from whores for easy cash.
>>
>>700292
>>700307
>>700309
By "The System" I mean the system of infrastructure and commerce that produces and transports the things that that guy uses. Somewhere there is a person growing food, shipping it to where he buys it, same as there are people producing or doing things to get money to give to him. Even if he's scrounging from things that people have thrown out, if they were adhering to his standards of non-waste then he would be shit out of luck cause he couldn't do that anymore.
Note that I'm not talking specifically about a capitalist or free market system; such infrastructure is/would be in place in any society of sufficient size.
>Please don't forget war and hunger are a part of your beloved system.
All signs point to these being caused by humans being inherently flawed and kind of shitty on a large scale; I can't think of any self-sustaining society that hasn't had these issues.
>>
>>700807
>The system is designed to waste human effort and keep people busy.
The vast majority of work that people do in the US is directly related to extraction/creation(like agriculture) of resources, production of products, or transportation (includes things like stocking store shelves as well as unloading cargo ships and loading tains). Most of the parts that end up wasting human effort in the US are weird mandates or subsidies put in place by the government (often lobbied for by whatever particular industry) or instances where people are trying to create new markets or expand existing ones but end up failing (see: many startups.)
>Planned obsolescence
With a very few exceptional cases like certain apple products (not shitting on apple specifically, other companies do it but they're the most prominent) what you're thinking of as planned obsolescence is instead things being produced cheaper because most people would rather have more cheaper things than fewer expensive/well-made things (note: I don't necessarily agree with this mentality.) You can still buy the better things, however they cost more. Shit like home appliances (washers, stoves, diswashers, etc.), furniture, tools used to cost upwards of 4-5x what they do today (adjusted for inflation.)
With electronic hardware (note: not the end consumer product like an actual iphone, but constituent parts) it doesn't make sense to make a cpu that will last 20 years if it's expected that cpus will be 4x faster than currently in just 2 years. This was more applicable a couple of years ago, and even more so in the 90s, but it's still somewhat in effect today. That's expected obsolescence, which is not the same thing as planned obsolescence.
>>
>>700807
>You just don't get it.
What I don't get is why you seem (from what I gather from your posts on here, but correct me if I'm wrong) to be choosing to be homeless when it doesn't harm the people who you are angry at, and ends up hurting you. You make it sound like you do not enjoy it and you work very hard, see
>living by the skin of your teeth, making something out of nothing every single day. i do more in a week than you probably do in half a year
when you could go and work just as hard and have money to spend later on to move to where you want to, even out of the country, and do what you want.
You don't have to work somewhere where you're wasting your effort, or in an office job, or something. You can go do something that involves actual physical labor. You're young, and male, and not tied down to a single place or afraid of living rough when you first go somewhere new.
Just because you get a job does not mean that you have to embrace the entire excessive consumer lifestyle. You don't even have to pay taxes or work directly for someone else if you're smart about it.

Other posts on here have said that you're in CA, idk if that's true but if so then get the hell out of CA, it's literally the worst place in the entire world. I sincerely pity anyone living in CA. I'm not being sarcastic.

I don't have any spare money to get you a ticket or something for transportation, but if you ever decided to come to Tulsa, OK I could put you up for a bit and assist you in getting work if you wanted; house is dog-friendly so you could keep your dog with you and we have an arrangement w/ a vet we use a lot so we could get your dog any medical things it required. If you'd be interested in this either post an email or tell me and I'll post mine.
>>
File: olive.jpg (31 KB, 400x708) Image search: [Google]
olive.jpg
31 KB, 400x708
>>707364
you're mixing up posters here, i'm black fluffy dog anon and my life is well set. i just bought a school bus and have been working over the last two weeks converting it to a mobile home. i've done many odd jobs but now that my music has taken off i don't need to do anything but play to make my living.
it's pretty great to see such an offer come from /out/ with all the pointless hatred around here. i'll thank you for that alone. and don't worry about my girl, she's well taken care of.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.