[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi! I need your help. I am going on Camp like helper for little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: 1466791200371.jpg (58 KB, 544x406) Image search: [Google]
1466791200371.jpg
58 KB, 544x406
Hi! I need your help. I am going on Camp like helper for little kids and i wanna know some good camp games.
>>
>>801842
>horseshoes
>slingshots (take them back after)
>mounted combat
>bug collecting race
>wake them up early and look at the birds calling in the morning
>>
>>801842

Plan some high energy physical activity towards sunset so that they'll be tired out (ie nice and quiet) in the evening for dinner / bed. Otherwise you'll have a bunch of hyperactive shits running around in the dark.

>Knights, mounts and cavaliers
>Red rover
>freeze tiggy (tag)
>human pyramid
>limbo
>tunnel ball
>etc
>>
>>801899
I was thinking red rover too but that game is banned in a lot of schools now. If you have a field, running bases is good, just need a tennis ball, a couple sweatshirts to use for bases, and a couple of counselors or chaperones that want bean screaming children with a tennis ball.
500 was fun too. Just need a ball and clearing

Dunno how little these kids are, but I remember playing red light green light when I was tiny.
>>
I got ringworm from holding hands w/ some grill playing red rover when I was a kid
>>
>>801842
Play Ninja. Kids love Ninja. Bitches love Ninja. Everyone Loves Ninja.
>>
"Banana" tag is a variant I played a lot as a kid in school, camps, etc. basically each kid can tag another kid, putting them out of the game. Problem is, two kids will always get each other at the same time and have to play rock paper scissors to determine the winner. Try making a rule that only a tag on the back is valid. Then have the game in some woods to break up sight lines. Probably a good game for 8+
>pls do this one I want to know if it plays well.
>>
>>801842
2-hand touch football is still the perma-goat. Jackpot is great too. Have them build stuff. Give them some rope and tell them whoever builds the best shelter wins that night.
Red light Green light
Red Rover is phenomenal
Sharks and Minnows is another great one
Sadines is another classic. It's reverse hide and seek. One person hides and everyone tries to find them. If you find them, you hide with them. The last person to find them loses.
>>
>>801842
the snipe hunt was always a favorite
>>
Schnitzeljagd. Basically you grab their crotch and look if they get hard
If they do they get raped
>>
>>802454

Same. It'll spook some and make others all giddy. It's good fun OP, take them snipe hunting at night.
>>
>>801842
Hide the salami
>>
File: bloop.png (14 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
bloop.png
14 KB, 261x195
>>801842
Pin the tail on the skinwalker
>>
File: Adolf-Farage.jpg (76 KB, 615x859) Image search: [Google]
Adolf-Farage.jpg
76 KB, 615x859
>>802485
>>
>>802485
eternal kraut pls go and stay go
>>
I use to make bivouac out in the forest then the leaders would allow us to sleep in them if they were good enough.
>>
>>801842
its really depends on what you have the facilities for. i was a camp counselor for awhile

depending on age manhunt and steal the bacon are both really fun.

werewolfs is a great game if the kids can sit still for a little bit.

at lunch you can set up questions (name a state, name a rapper, action movie whatever) or have the last person to do a weird physical thing would have to stake plates or wipe down the lunch table. dumb shit like finger on the nose. cup on the head. flex mussels in a dumb way.

i loved reffing floor hockey
4 square is a good one
archery is always cool.

but honestly you want the nerdy kids
i would let them you-gee-oh cards on the picnic tables (its like magic cards) while i read. sometimes i would just kick it with them and learn how to play. or would teach them wist or hearts.

kids in general are pretty good at entertaining themselves they have a lot of games on deck. sometimes they just like to stare a trees.

if your camp has kayaking or funyakaing and you are a general councilor or bunk councilor thats the money spot right there. i got to spend hours a day just float around the lake or sleeping on the beech. there were days were i would just do archery from 9-12 and then sit in a funyak from 1:30-3:30

best job in the world right there.
>>
>>802485
Aaahahahaha
>>
>>801842
Kickball was my favorite game at camp
>>
>>801842
Mafia is a fun game with a big group of kids.
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>801842
>Asking what games you should play with kids
>On 4chan
>>
>>801842
>I am going on Camp like helper for little kids and i wanna know some good camp games.
>>
File: dangerous-book-for-boys.jpg (37 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
dangerous-book-for-boys.jpg
37 KB, 360x500
>>801842
Open this shit and be amazed.
>>
>>801842
>deck of playing cards so the kiddies can learn to gamble away everything in their life
>wiffle wiffle ball bat set
>>
File: 1466457853337.jpg (62 KB, 475x454) Image search: [Google]
1466457853337.jpg
62 KB, 475x454
>>801999
what the fuck
>>
>>802553
Boom. This right here.
>>
My favourite game was feel the weenie. The adult would make us drop our trousers and then go around feeling each kid's dink. Best weiner got their picture taken and put on the wall in the counselor's locked room, which he would retire to once the game was over. He said he had to develop the picture which I thought was weird since it was one of those Polaroids that did it automatically.
>>
File: image.jpg (833 KB, 2298x2985) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
833 KB, 2298x2985
>>806949
>>
>>802388
>banana tag
>it's actually a normal reasonable game
>mfw
>>
OP, this is gonna sound made up/poor people game, but hear me out.

We called it Garbage Can, but it may go by other names.

-You take a [preferably clean] large trash can and place it down. (But I imagine you could use anything of about the same height.)
-Have the kids make a ring around the can all holding hands
-While still holding hands, you basically play Crack the Whip, with the objective of making someone touch the trashcan in the middle, while avoiding it yourself
-Whoever touches the can is out

Gets pretty heated the smaller the ring gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2Zu9eA0_Y
Here's a vid, but we never played with straps
>>
>>810313
Similar to Shirling, not sure if it's as intense tho

https://youtu.be/6gu3mbl8SAk
>>
>>810317
I'm too American for this skit

OP; I'm not Quaker but I'm also gonna suggest Wink to ya, cause kids love nothing more than to hurt each other.
>>
>>804414

kek
>>
>>801842
Put the condom on uncle Johnny, every time.
>>
File: 1467294115270.jpg (50 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1467294115270.jpg
50 KB, 599x563
>>804699
I got that book as a gift when I was alot younger. Pretty good, but the shit you pull off never looks as good as the illustrations do. Fuck that book.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.