[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every third Dane dissatisfied with company Christmas present
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Dane_Reflecting.jpg (112 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Dane_Reflecting.jpg
112 KB, 500x333
>A survey carried out by YouGov for Metroxpress shows most Danes were satisfied with the Christmas gifts they received from their employer last year.

>However, more than a third were at best indifferent if not downright unhappy about the employer’s choice of saying ‘thank you’.

>According to a lifestyle expert Henrik Byager, who advises companies on employee gifts, the purpose of Christmas gifts is to show that companies appreciate their employees.

>Too small, too wrong

>“Two things can go wrong: either the gift is too small and will therefore be perceived as an insult, or it completely misses the mark,” Byager told Metroxpress.

>“Then there is of course the type of employee generally dissatisfied with his wages and working conditions, who won’t cheer up even for a Christmas present.”

>The most important thing, however, is that everybody gets the same, noted Byager.
http://cphpost.dk/news/business/every-third-dane-dissatisfied-with-company-christmas-present.html
>>
Why would your employer give you a Christmas gift. Are you expected to give them one back?
>>
>>8598
Is Black Pete big in Denmark like it is in The Netherlands?
>>
>>8598
>Every third Dane dissatisfied with company Christmas present
This is like the one thing all of us needed to know.
>>
Just gift money.

Its what they do over here. Nobody has an issue with money.
>>
>>8609
I assume it's like a bonus or whatever. My old job gave you a big monetary bonus around Christmas. My current one just has a party with free alcohol and food and shitty gift baskets for employees to take home.
>>
>>8711
Any currency you prefer, or is it all the same old boring national shit?
>>
>>8711
Being given money is also a recipie for dissatisfaction. Too little and people are immensely unhappy ("half a week's wages? So I'm just getting paid for my days off." "A hundred bucks? Well, I guess this will pay my cable bill... Not really helpful...". Too much and you are unhappy. " why did I give those ungrateful bastards $100 each?$
>>
>>8711
Christmas bonus' aren't rare. Quite a bit of companies still give out cash. But it's not cost-effective, which is what most businesses care about these days. Instead, these "gifts" are ordered in mass bulk at prices well below what they normally cost. Some of these companies just give shit away from one of their partners. They save money, and they can have a safe conscience knowing they gave you something.
>>
>>8598
The danish should really be proud that this is actually an issue. Instead of something much worse.
>>
My job just gave everyone a free ham which was cool. First job i worked for that gave me something even semi noteworthy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.