[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greek Orthodox Metropolitan comes under fire for call to violence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: amvrosios1.jpg (30 KB, 702x336) Image search: [Google]
amvrosios1.jpg
30 KB, 702x336
A Greek Orthodox Metropolitan of the Church of Greece is under fire for comments he posted publicly on his blog, lashing out against gays, muslims, jews and atheists. In an angry rant he encouraged his readers and followers to “spit on them” and “blacken them” with violence, stating that they are not humans.

Ambrosios is the Metropolitan of Kalavryta and Aigialeia— a region in north central Peloponnese and ranks as the 8th in order of hierarchy and influence in the Church’s synod, or governing body. Numerous politicians, media and public figures have called for condemnation of the bishop’s comments.

His vitriolic blog post (in Greek) followed legislation set forth by the ruling government to extend domestic partnership status to same-sex couples, granting them similar rights to those who are married.

Justice Ministry’s general secretary for human rights, Costas Papaioannou said “The state recognizes that there are other forms of family life than that which we know as marriage,” to Kathimerini’s English language edition, adding that the European Court of Justice shares this stance. Adding that that laws should adapt to the existing state of affairs, noting that the fact there are children being raised by gay couples is “a very significant social fact.” The revised bill aims to give gay couples in Greece the same tax status and inheritance rights enjoyed by heterosexual married couples.

One cartoonist in a Greek newspaper depicted the bishop blessing a thug with a Golden Dawn (Greek Neo Nazi) tattoo for beating and spitting on those who support civil unions in Greece.

http://www.pappaspost.com/greek-orthodox-metropolitan-lashes-out-against-gays-spit-on-them-beat-them-up-they-are-not-human/

Thoughts?
>>
>>8323
why is this wizard so angry
>>
>>8346
His country is going down the drains. Hating Germany for it is too mainstream and not a very Christian thing to do.
So he's focusing all his hatred on other villains.
>>
>>8323
>blacken them

Fucks sake even Orthodoxy has fallen to the bbc menace.
>>
>>8323
>based orthodox bishop calls for society to stop placating perverts and other misc. degenerates

I see nothing wrong here.
>>
>>8350
Oh come on, hating germany never gets old
>>
Hierarchical Liturgy must be a real joy with this guy...
>>
>>8346
Fags stole his spellbook and tried to touch his magic wand
>>
>>8444
>his magic wand
The one with a knob at the end?
>>
>>8323
>Eastern Orthodoxy and Western Evangelicanism are the last stand of traditional Christian values

Team up when, bros?
>>
Greek guy, here.
The State and the Church are going down fast - that's the reason they butthurt a lot about everything.
Neo-greek culture is dead, decades now.
Social breakdown has already started.
>Mfw I'm OK with this.
>Yfw I have no face.
>>
>>8521
Why aren't you guys becoming refugees?
>>
>Gives gay people the same civil rights as any other couple
>"WOW FUCK THEM"

I get not allowing them to be married in your church if you don't agree with their choice, that's your religion and fuck anybody who tries to make you believe something, they can go elsewhere, but hating on them because they don't want to get fucked by taxes in a way that has 0 effect on you?
>>
>>8529

There are many people who just love this shithole so much, that they wouldn't leave it for an OK job abroad - I'm one of them.
I've lived for 2 years in England, and it was OK. In the end, I decided to get back to the good, old mess I've got used to (= Greece).
I won't lie, though, I'm starting to reconsider my options about staying in Greece or going abroad again -probably, in England or Norway-.
The greek systems of power seem incapable of solving any problems of the public life. Thence, the State, the Church, the Army, etc. are falling apart. The greek society is in a very bad shape, too.
>Long short story, rape is coming, and we (kinda) are OK with it.
>>
>>8690
>we (kinda) are OK with it.
That's normal.
Because the change is sufficiently slow that what would seem shocking to anybody in a decent country is simply normal for you. That shouldn't distract you from the fact that the water is getting close to boiling and the frog is fucking stupid for not leaving it.
>>
>>8637
>Being forced to indirectly pay for something you find abhorrent.
>0 effect on you
>>
>>8637
Gays and feminists have literally destroyed marriage. It is meaningless today, without strict definition just so it can appeal to the left's marxist notions of equality and tge oppressor/oppressed dialectic.
>>
>>8798
>It is meaningless today,
What is the supposed lost meaning of marriage?

It's a contract that provides you with certain monetary securities, tax benefits and other things. What exactly are you missing?
>>
>>8799
Very funny joke, such clever black humor.
>>
>>8831
It's not a joke though.
>>
>>8698
>the frog is fucking stupid for not leaving it
If stupidity means love for your people and birthplace, I'm fine by it.
If everything in life starts and ends with one's welfare, then most people in the world are "fucking stupid", no doubt.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.