[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House report accuses Obama of violating federal law in Bergdahl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>"The administration did so when it bypassed Congress in negotiating the exchange of five Taliban prisoners for U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was being held in Afghanistan"

>"The Obama administration has claimed that it side-stepped a mandated 30-day congressional notification period out of fear for Bergdahl's life, and that it had constitutional authority to do so. But the report finds the argument wanting."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/politics/taliban-5-bowe-bergdahl-congress-report/
>>
>>8109
And Hillary...
>>
>walked off base 30JUN2009
>given chance to release him w/ prisoner exchange
>get him back 31MAY2014
>doesn't care to tell congress

I think the Obama administration deserves the criticism, but this was over a year ago. Why now?

My guess is because of the Serial podcast about Bergdahl. I doubt anything will happen because of this.
>>
>>8122
>captive for 5 years
Poor sod
>>
>>8126
>captive
They flipped him, he was living with them voluntarily for most of those five years.
>>
>>8093
>Congress says Obama broke the law

When has the GOP committee leadership in both hoses of Congress not claimed this? They've been saying it since 2010 about everything from Obamacare to Benghazi. Remember when they sued him? How'd that end up?
>>
>>8152
because Obama breaks the law a lot

not like our leaders are held accountable much

at least his amnesty plan was shot down by the courts
>>
>>8157
>>8390

>it's illegal to do things I don't like!

Yeah, nah. When even the most vitriolic anti-President House can't get their shit together enough to actually prosecute the guy or his actions, you know you got nothing. You realize it just makes your base look even more pathetic in hindsight to have a multitude of wild accusations and yet not a single piece of solid evidence of wrongdoing, let alone a conviction.
>>
>>8122
I really don't get it, because it was being criticized at the time yet nobody bothered to bring this up? I can't even think of an incentive to wait and bring it up now.

Anyways, that first episode Serial was pretty interesting. I'm curious how legitimate his story will turn out to be. Something sounds really shady about the discrepancy between his story and the Taliban's.
>>
>>8109
He learned it from the guy that was president before him.
>>
>>8398
the nigger bombed a doctors without borders hospital. You think he never breaks the law?
>>
>>8412
Because Obama personally did that, right?

>>8413
>implying Obama has murdered people
/pol/ please, you can talk about the drone war but he hasn't caused nearly as many deaths as the average president, much less the recent ones.
>>
>>8449
It's not like Obama is the odd one out among the Nobel peace laureates.
>>
>>8109
>presidents
>obeying laws

you new to this whole thing?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.