[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcoholic Chains Himself Up in Room in Desperate Attempt to Stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: extreme-rehab3.jpg (41 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
extreme-rehab3.jpg
41 KB, 640x427
Staying sober is a real struggle for alcoholics, and the protagonist of this sad story is no exception. 30-year-old Zhang Rui had been trying to kick the habit for a while, but when all his attempts failed, both he and his family got desperate. After what must have been a serious intervention, he agreed to let his mother chain him by the neck in a room, to prevent him from buying or stealing booze.

Zhang, who is still locked in his attic room in Bengbu, east China, told reporters that he couldn’t think of any other way to stop himself from harming others or drinking himself to death. Despite his poor living conditions, Zhang believes that confining himself is the only way to beat the addiction that has ruined his life. In fact, he wants to stay chained up and locked in there for at least six months, until he no longer feels the need to consume alcohol.

The tiny 10-square-meter space is sparsely furnished, with only a mattress for sleeping, a laptop and a small TV to keep him entertained. He doesn’t even have a toilet – just a bucket and a large bottle of water to keep himself clean. The chain around his neck is four meters long and weighs about 22 lbs, so he can hardly stand up on his own in his current state. It allows him to walk around the room as exercise, but not much else.

According to the reporters who visited him, Zhang used to be a kind and gentle person working as a truck driver, however, all that changed six months ago when he started drinking. He turned so violent and abusive that he lost both his job and his wife and children. Things got so bad at one point that he begged for money on the streets just to be able to buy cheap rice wine. Once drunk, he reportedly had no controls over his actions.

When his family left him, Zhang was devastated, and the misery drove him to the extreme decision of home imprisonment.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/alcoholic-chains-himself-up-in-room-in-desperate-attempt-to-stop-drinking.html
>>
Looks like a neet...
>>
>>8025
PISS JUG
>>
How do people live in such filth like that. Clean your fucking room.
>>
>>8040
DESIGNATED
>>
>>8045
How is he going to do that, genius? He's fucking tied to a chain.
>>
>>8045
How do people use laptops and the internet yet still shit in a pot? C'mon people, it's the current year.
>>
>>8129
That's the joke.
>>
This can be pretty dangerous right? Cant alcohol withdrawal kill you?
>>
>>8221
Like any other real addiction withdrawal.
Danger of aneurysms are real.
>>
>>8313
How would withdrawal give you an aneurysm?

Asking out of genuine interest
>>
>>8129
He can still move though, it even says that he can walk around his room for exercise. He could clean it if he wanted to for sure, he is just a lazy alcoholic.
>>
>>8313
withdrawal does not cause aneurysms (but alcohol consumption is a risk factor) or aneurysm rupture.
But alcohol withdrawal syndromes are well-known, and the mortality remains high even in hospital settings. If not treated, Delirium Tremens has a mortality of ~10% (the estimates are quite old), and it's below 1% if treated. Suicide accounts for most of the deaths, epilepsy is a close second.

i may have missed the point, but hope it helps
>>
>>8025
>current year
>current month
>current day

and Cannabis still isn't the industry standard for legal intoxication

WAKE UP PEOPLE
>>
>>8313
The problem with alcohol withdrawal is usually seizures if anything.

It's actually considered the worst as far as withdrawal goes.
There are no drugs of abuse with worse withdrawal symptoms. It's in a class of its own.

Addiction is not just withdrawal, though. There's other stuff going on that's just as valid.
>>
>becoming addicted to alcohol within just 6 months of drinking

Geez, chinks are such lightweights.
>>
>>8025
You've found the chink in my armour!
>>
Either it was way worse than I think or they are way dumber than I think if this is the solution they came up with
>>
>>8315
Look up delirium tremens, wernicke-korsakoff syndrome. Also withdrawal can induce seizures.
>>
>>8025
lsd. give him a dose of that. might help.
>>
But cannabis is the true degeneracy guize

:^)
>>
Desperate shit calls for desperate measures.

He's serious as a fucking heart attack.

I respect him.
>>
His nervous breakdown sounds as nerve wracking as mine.

Hope he makes it.
>>
as an alcoholic/druggie of 22 years, if i had someone to look after me, i would do this, i truly fucking would. addiction is horrific.
...but the second that chain came off i'd be rekt again. he's experiencing a heavenly bliss right now not being drunk or hung over ALL the time, but the only way out, the ONLY fucking way out... is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
>>
>>8361
I thought the worst was benzodiazepines? With alcohol being the second worst.
>>
>>8025
Good on him. It seems ridiculous to most, but it is good this man wants to change himself for the better. I wish him the best of luck and I hope he gets his life back on track.
>>
>>8025
ha, what a mug
>>
>>11696
more rat sex!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.