[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zombies appear in U.S. oilfields as crude plumbs new lows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: s4.reutersmedia.jpg (24 KB, 644x428) Image search: [Google]
s4.reutersmedia.jpg
24 KB, 644x428
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oil-usa-zombies-insight-idUSKBN0TT0FA20151210
>>
This is bullshit.
>>
>>7875
On a scale of 1 to sasha grey, how fucked is the US if shale collapses?
>>
Is being so nice to Saudi Arabia paying off? Looks like no.
9/11: Saudi Arabia
Islamic State: Saudi Arabia

What is the USA waiting for?
>>
>>7922
>implying it hasn't already collapsed
Want to buy some cheap land in North Dakota?
>>
>>7913
But why is it bullshit?
>>
>>7954
They're waiting for the EU to do it
>>
The definition of clickbait title.
>>
>>8125
Indeed
>>
>>8125
>>8160
One day, one day, I just want to read a newspaper headline saying "Zombie Outbreak Detected Early And Contained In [large city] - Total Casualties Estimated At 5"
Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>7913
It's not talking about real zombies
>>
>>7983
>land cheap
>North dakota

Living here, shits still expensive af.
Hoping Shale climbs back up so I can get my shit together.
>>
North Dakota anon here.

Just my first hand account, I work for a major oilfield supplier of tubing, Kelly lines, pump products, and pressure testing.

Our sales are down 60% for October last year, and are still likely to go down.

The locals and people that have done this their whole life are optimistic, but me not so much. It can be sobering to take a step back and look at the landscape.

I'm making much less money, and am lucky to still be employed. If things continue to dip; it won't be worth it to stay out here and be away from the things I like.

With everyone still pumping as much as they can, and Iran's oil to hit the market, I doubt that oil will climb in the near future. More likely is 25 dollar oil, which would deal a blow to US companies, much more so than now, which seems to be the aim of the Saudis, with a complicit Russia.

Only time will tell.
>>
>>8695
It's not just jobs that are at stake, but the oil production itself. I seriously wonder what Obama is up to with the Iranian deal and still catering to OPEC.
>>
>>9136
There are tankers on the ocean filled with unsold crude, waiting for someone to buy it. There is so much crude right now and is so over supplied that the price can only go down. No one wants to bite the bullet and cut production because everyone relies on the money oil brings in to a certain degree.

I know most OPEC countries are okay with cheap oil in the short term if it can damage US production. Russia loses either way and cant do much to change the situation; they probably conclude they're better off siding with OPEC and using a sort of economic warfare on the US, and hope to sell more to China down the road, trying to get market share in the long the long term.
>>
>>9330
Congress just lifted the oil export ban so prices should rise as more people can now buy it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fiscal-oil-idUSKBN0U121U20151219
>>
>>7922
shale is a meme you cartoon
>>
>>7954
saudi arabia? isis is a us/uk creation friendo

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq

http://www.globalresearch.ca/british-labor-leader-corbyn-isis-created-by-uk-and-us/5477982

http://russia-insider.com/en/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-us-created-isis-tool-overthrow-syrias-president-assad/ri7364
>>
>>10873
All of those are Russian Propaganda.
>>
>>11209
Surely the US would never do something as preposterous as training and equipping ruthless mercenary groups with Islamic ideology.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.