[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychoactive Substances Act delayed while the Home Office works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: nutt_david_bbc.jpg (43 KB, 525x302) Image search: [Google]
nutt_david_bbc.jpg
43 KB, 525x302
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/03/30/psychoactive-substances-act-delayed-while-the-home-office-wo

Very dumb country this United Kingdom
>>
>>35289
At least in your country the "states"/counties can't pass their own drug laws on top of the federal ones. Imagine if certain drugs were banned in Kent and Northumberland but weren't in Wales or Essex. That's what the US is like. Then on top of all that chaos the municipalities can top off the state laws with their own city ordinances.
>>
>>35291
wait, so I could get a hundred people together, build my own municipality in buttfuck nowhere, and make my own laws which supercede federal ones?
>>
>>35311
No, as you'd need to either bring territory into the U.S. (Very hard) which would require it first being a territory (Essentially land the Federal government has 100% control over and any local government is just the Feds humoring the inhabitants). You'd then apply for statehood which would require both houses approving it. This is pretty much impossible as the Republicans and Democrats have gerrymandered the country into nice even blocks so neither side can gain power and a third group cannot even startup. Neither would dare risk tipping this balance.

And even then, Federal law trumps State law, so the point is moot.
>>
>>35311
No the federal laws supersede the state laws which in turn supersede city/county/local laws. In practice though the federal government often lets people get away with minor infractions due to lack of federal manpower. Also each of those governmental entities has it's own (usually corporate contracted) jail/prison/correctional systems as well as separate law enforcement arms for those.

I have heard of towns in very sparsely populated parts of western Texas where different groups have either tried to take over a town of ~20 people or fewer or starting their own new town by moving there en masse. none of these schemes has ever worked for very long as people caught on and avoided them so they left.

Here's an example:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24216507/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/trouble-west-texas-prairie/
>>
based retardGov
>>
>>35289
Weed literally doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>35321
what does weed have to do with anything?
>>
>>35321
I know people get annoyed with stoners, but it is a serious issue. It's basic liberty. Women can have abortions, we can drink alcohol, but I can't smoke a joint? This is nonsense.

The only reason it's illegal is because of corporate interests anyways.
>>
>>35560
>corporate interests
not really, more about retards being allowed to vote
>>
>>35567
>ignoring bigpharma, cancer cures, new plastics and the healthiest seed able to be eaten
try again
>>
>>35321
Comments like this are EXACTLY why pot is insanely important. The millennials are totally amoral sociopaths and shit like this really is the gateway to that degeneracy. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad. I hate modernity and can't wait for you retards to implode it.
>>
>>35608

Do you think Nixon hated weed because it was a threat to big pharma or it was a key aspect of the counter-culture and he just wanted a way to shut them up and a way to demonize them?

Also, do you think it was originally outlawed because of "big pharma" or an overt hatred of black jazz musicians and mexicans that might corrupt white women.
>>
>>35629

4/10

Troll softer. This isn't a complete failure, but it remains unconvincing.
>>
>>35629
>>35637
He needs to troll more coherently, saying things like "all millenals are amoral sociopaths" just makes him look retarded and doesn't make me want to reply.
>>
>>35635
Alcohol, tobacco, and plastics interests got it banned. Hippie and negro hate helped, but that wasn't the point.
>>
>>35640
Are you kidding? Bitching about millennials is the right-wing millennials favorite thing to do. I don't even know if he is trolling, tons of faggy edgy teens on this cesspit of a site shit out opinions like that all the time.

I just want my libertarian/center-left 4chan back, but it's been years and I've given up.
>>
>>35635
The reason it was banned was political/monetary, the reason it went well with the public was playing on racist overtones of the early 20th century with shit like reefer madness.

Nixon for sure started his drug war to deflate the counter-culture movement though. The laws were all in place already, it was a boost to the alcohol/tobacco interests, and it was an attempt to solidify his position and remove opposition.
>>
>>35645

Please cite some sort of reference.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/etc/cron.html

Use a reference to show us where PBS got it all wrong.
>>
>>35629
I'm with you, brother. Let's tan some pelts on the Empire State Building. Kurt Russell with an eyepatch is gonna type the code into the keypad and shut the system down with EMPs. I'm ready. I live in the Pacific Northwest.
>>
>>35659
http://www.hempcar.org/untoldstory/hemp_5.html
>>
>>35664

hempcar.org is not a legit source.
>>
>>35666
Not that anon, but the article sources a 1937 Popular Mechanics article. Around the same time as the tax act, hemp was "the new billion dollar crop".

You are both right.
>>
>>35659
I'm not involved in this argument, but your source's information timeline ends in 1996.
>>
>>35608
>muh beeg pharmar
>muh corporayt internets

People forget that there are corporations on both sides of the table trying to get at each others neck.

Look at the big spoopy monsatan and their development of Roundup Ready Cannabis, and the salty purists having their idea of cannabis grown from holy water and the earth of Jerusalem abolished as there's suddenly competition against their model.
>>
>>35608
What Big Pharma companies even exist in Latvia?
>>
>>35646
Same its been taken over by pol racist and morons. Sick of these autistic shit heads cyring muh white race really pathetic that their only defining feature is their skin color, pretty much makes them a non person as they all behave the same and have little to no individuality only real trait is their hatred of other people for no good reason.
>>
>>35646
Also to melenials aren't the fuck ups are we the ones who gutted social security nope, are we the ones who out sourced jobs nope, are we the ones who made shitty trade agreements nope, are we the ones who fucked America no we were born way after all that shit went down we just got front row seats to watch the country burn due to former generations bad decisions
>>
>>35712
>race is skin color
>racism is hatred for no reason

good goy.
>>
>>35289
>UK

Oh, you mean the same country that prevents you from defending yourself, even if someone is breaking into your house and are trying to kill you?

The same country that prevents minors from using metal forks?

The same country that has sharia law established in some neighborhoods?

The same country that allows muslims to do as they please and calls anyone not muslim a racist even for simply breathing?

The same country that literally has CCTV cameras everywhere, and actively uses smear campaigns against people they don't like (eg. Telling everyone Edward Snowden is helping pedophiles in order to try and turn the public against him).

Yeah, you could call it dumb, I agree.
>>
>>35712
Races are, and have been since they were first scientifically investigated, defined by more than skin color, you disingenuous twat.
>>
>>35862

Europe is not a country sweetheart, neither is it called UK. Amuuuuriikka!
>>
>>35289

4:20 is the new Tea Time?
>>
Look how well the corporate .govs have been running society with nonsense like draconian legislation that contradicts itself while they hand themselves and their friends taxpayer funded bailouts. Humans traded ignorant, inbred psychopathic kings and queens dictating to feudal societies for the deceitful corporate jew dictating to neo-feudal society.
>>
>>35862

I'll bite.

>Oh, you mean the same country that prevents you from defending yourself, even if someone is breaking into your house and are trying to kill you?

That's a myth. If you're in danger you can do what you like. You can't kill someone for stepping on your grass, however.

>The same country that prevents minors from using metal forks?

Wrong, but comes from areas of London where they don't sell steel cutlery to kids so they don't try and shank someone with a dinner knife.

>The same country that has sharia law established in some neighborhoods?

Just wrong.

>The same country that allows muslims to do as they please and calls anyone not muslim a racist even for simply breathing?

We're just as pathetic as everyone else at stopping muslims tbf

>The same country that literally has CCTV cameras everywhere

And the people prefer it.

>and actively uses smear campaigns against people they don't like (eg. Telling everyone Edward Snowden is helping pedophiles in order to try and turn the public against him).

Don't about this.
>>
>>35862
>smear campaigns
Every country ever does that.
>>
>>35291
So, all you have to do is call up the local Sheriff's Office, ask if certain something is illegal. "Hello, this is Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office, this is Deputy so&so speaking."
"G'morning sir, I have a legal question."
"Go ahead son."
"Are launched fireworks illegal in this county?"
"Well, yes. But, if you head down past the tracks a promontory junction, no body is going to say anything. You stay safe now boys."
"Have a good one, sir."
"You too, son."

>Most of these types of laws aren't enforced.
>mfw you don't have to be mad euro annon. You can come launch fire works with me. We've got enough beer for you.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.