[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COCAINE boat bust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: COCAINE - LODE.jpg (265 KB, 543x850) Image search: [Google]
COCAINE - LODE.jpg
265 KB, 543x850
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35915232 so this is yesterday's news, but I only just saw this today.
So my questions are: how the fuck does the cartel get ANYONE to take that job smuggling? It looks like the shittiest possible job on earth. Seriously, you can't even use a blanket when you're half in water.
Secondly, six TONS?! Wouldn't six tons of cocaine be worth a lot more than $200 million? How do you fit 6 tons of cocaine on that little boat? Or was there more than one boat, and the video just doesn't show it?
>>
Northern California Coast Guard crew seizes more than 6 tons of cocaine worth $203 million

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-coast-guard-cocaine-bust-20160328-story.html
>>
.S. Coast Guard crew based in Northern California seized more than six tons of cocaine after intercepting a semi-submersible vessel in the Pacific Ocean, the agency announced Monday.

The March 3 bust occurred 300 miles southwest of Panama after a Customs and Border Protection aircraft spotted the drug smuggling boat and alerted the Alameda-based crew of the Coast Guard cutter Bertholf, according to Lt. Donnie Brzuska.

See more of our top stories on Facebook >>

The crew seized more than 12,800 pounds of cocaine worth more than $203 million and a loaded gun. Four suspected drug smugglers were arrested, Brzuska said. It took the crew numerous times to retrieve the drugs.

It was the second time the Coast Guard has intercepted a self-propelled semi-submersible or SPSS in recent months. Such vessels are able to operate while partially underwater.

See the most-read stories this hour >>
In January, the crew of the Coast Guard cutter Northland intercepted a similar craft 280 miles off the coast of the Mexican-Guatemalan border.

In all, the agency has intercepted five similar vessels since June 2015, Brzuska said.

"Transnational organized crime groups continue to adjust their tactics to avoid detection indicated by a recent rise of SPSS vessels," said Vice Adm. Charles Ray, commander of the Coast Guard's Pacific Area. "Despite these efforts, we will continue to execute an offensive strategy that targets, attacks and disrupts these dangerous criminal networks."
>>
Does anyone have any links to other stories about the extreme measures drug smugglers are forced to take?
>>
US coast guard
300 miles off shore
Panama
High seas piracy
Gimme back my blow.
>>
>>35217
>How do you fit 6 tons of cocaine on that little boat?
It goes very deep and it is probably stuffed as fuck.
>>
>>35217
Living in mexico you first-world fagg, is either this or starve you hole life in a fucking shithole while the only thing that keeps you going is a bullshit religion.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.