[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Belgium Fears Nuclear Plants Are Vulnerable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: here-we-go.jpg (3 MB, 1410x10000) Image search: [Google]
here-we-go.jpg
3 MB, 1410x10000
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/26/world/europe/belgium-fears-nuclear-plants-are-vulnerable.html

>The investigation into this week’s deadly attacks in Brussels has prompted worries that the Islamic State is seeking to attack, infiltrate or sabotage nuclear installations or obtain nuclear or radioactive material. This is especially worrying in a country with a history of security lapses at its nuclear facilities, a weak intelligence apparatus and a deeply rooted terrorist network.

>In 2012, two employees at the nuclear plant in Doel quit to join jihadists in Syria, and eventually transferred their allegiances to the Islamic State. Both men fought in a brigade that included dozens of Belgians, including Abdelhamid Abaaoud, considered the on-the-ground leader of the Paris attacks.

>At the same plant where these jihadists once worked, an individual who has yet to be identified walked into the reactor No. 4 in 2014, turned a valve and drained 65,000 liters of oil used to lubricate the turbines. The ensuing friction nearly overheated the machinery, forcing it to be shut down. The damage was so severe that the reactor was out of commission for five months.
>>
>These incidents are now all being seen in a new light, as information is mounting from investigators that the terrorist network that hit Paris and Brussels may have been in the planning stages of some kind of operation at a Belgian nuclear facility.

>Three men linked to the surveillance video were involved in either the Paris or the Brussels attacks.

>Ibrahim and Khalid el-Bakraoui, the brothers who the authorities say were suicide bombers at the Brussels airport and subway station, are believed to have driven to the surveilled scientist’s home and removed a camera that was hidden in nearby bushes. The authorities believe they then took it to a house connected to Mohammed Bakkali, who was arrested by the Belgian police after the Paris attacks and is accused of helping with logistics and planning. The police found the videocamera during a raid on the house.
>>
a security guard at a belgian nuclear power plant has just been murdered, and his badge stolen.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-blast-nuclear-idUSKCN0WS09E
>>
>>34097
wow.
Western Europe and the EU are truly, truly fucked.
>>
>>34098
>>34098
Only Western Europe. Not whole EU. Poland is safe and sound :D we got our nationalists, low social help and poor wages on most typical jobs. So yeah I'm gonna laugh and watch more bombs blow up in Western Europe. I could change my facebook accout to German flag already, it's only matter of time..^^ and still they do nothing. No mass deportation. No reaction by pushing immigrants to do language tests, fail = deportation. Enjoy!
>>
Is there a curfew emplaced for the attacks
>>
>>34079
Terrorists can't get a hold of enough weapons-grade uranium or plutonium to do anything.

To turn nuclear fuel into weapons-grade material takes, quite literally, an entire nuclear program.

If a dirty bomb was made instead, it would simply be more of a nuisance weapon as the radioactive material wouldn't spread past a city block.

Read The Atomic Bazaar by William Langewiesche.
>>
>>34129
>far right in europe
>ever good
cya in nazi germany friend
>>
>>34143
Well, Nazi Germany WAS a swell place if you were a German.
>>
>>34098
Belgium is a failed state

>>34132
the fear and panic is a weapon itself
>>
>>34155
The fuck it was. Your propaganda might tell you otherwise but any german who had a conscience and the bravery to speak his mind died in the camps too
>>
Damn it. Where is the non-mobile version for autists without smartphones? I can't find a way to widen it and the url doesn't have an "m" to remove.
>>
>>34079
OH FUCK
WHAT SHOULD THEY DO, BOYS?
>>
>>34170
Stats and figures then?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.