[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Boehner BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: pants on head retarded.jpg (19 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
pants on head retarded.jpg
19 KB, 600x375
Primary contest staus: Ignored.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/boehner-endorses-paul-ryan-for-president-220855

Here's another capital grade asshole chiming in how they can do whatever they want whenever they want!
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html
>>
>>29329
>In the same question-and-answer session here, Boehner referred to Ted Cruz as "lucifer." He previously called the Texas senator, who led the failed Republican effort to shut down the government over Obamacare, a “jackass.”
More like Ted Cruz BTFO if you ask me. The fact that Boehner won't support either a sitting senator or the frontrunner from his own party is unprecedented in modern times.

So I take it you're a Trump fan against the idea of a contested convention, OP? It seems to me they're trying to do to Trump something similar to what they did to Ron Paul in 2012. Although this time they've fixed the rules at the state level to not allow non-approved party delegates to be sent to the convention because of the way Ron Paul's people tried to game the system last time.
>>
>>29342
Well, first of all, I thought Boenher stepped down? Why does he have any say at all?! Also, nothing is unprecedented - just rare, maybe. I'm also not a Trump-fan, I just don't like the idea of them popping anybody in who wasn't elected. I don't even know why they're talking about brokered convention candidates this early - Trump is still only half way from winning the delegate contest, anyway.
>>
>>29346
>nothing is unprecedented
No really, this level of chicanery hasn't ever happened because party conventions aren't that old. They only go back to the turn of the last century.
>I don't even know why they're talking about brokered convention candidates this early -
It wouldn't be a true brokered convention, but an open one.

It's mathematically impossible for John Kasich to get the nomination without one. So why does he stay in? Because he's counting on either Rubio's or Cruz's delegates to be awarded to him by Reince Priebus doing "Yea-or-Nay" votes on the second and third ballot and saying "The ayes have it!" no matter how many affirmative votes were actually expressed.

The old guard neocon Anti-trump faction in the GOP today is supposed to have a planning meeting tomorrow to figure out their strategy.
http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20160316/trump-gop-leaders-should-embrace-fervor-for-his-candidacy

They only have hope as long as everybody else who isn't Trump has more combined delegates than Trump. Once Trump goes over the number of delegates where all the others combined can't add up to what he has then it's over and he won the nomination. That hasn't happened yet though and it's looking increasingly like it isn't going to until the convention (if he can somehow get one of the other candidates with delegates to pledge for him) if ever.

As they said in OPs second link:
>"The rules haven't kept up," Haugland said. "The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That's just the way it is. I can't help it. Don't hate me because I love the rules."

>also a former chairman of the North Dakota Republican Party, told "Squawk Box" in the same interview that he's concerned about party officials pulling "some shenanigan."

>"You have groups of people who are going to try to take over the rules committee," he warned. "[That] could totally change everything, and mess things up with the delegates.
>>
>>29329
>we choose the nominee not the voters

Okay, so they want to destroy their own party? I really don't understand what they think they'll gain by cock-blocking the front runner. To me, it's nothing more than a political temper-tantrum.
>>
>>29357
>destroy their own party
They're counting on the fact that it will be too late to file as an independent in any state by the time of the convention, and also on their hopes that the rank and file GOP won't stay home out of protest and let Hillary get elected while under threat of indictment.
>>
>>29358
Okay, so what is the GOP going to do about the 40% of voters that have been supporting Trump since the beginning? If the RNC goes with someone else, that's a REALLY hard sell for his supporters.
>>
>>29363
They will do the same thing Hillary will do to the 33% of Democrats (on average) that prefer Bernie Sanders:
1. pander to them for their votes by promising the moon
2. make them think the other side is literally Satan
3. make them think it's their patriotic duty to not stay home and vote for whomever they say.
>>
>>29354
> (if he can somehow get one of the other candidates with delegates to pledge for him)
Rubio can be bought like a piglet at the market...
>>
>>29375
I'm not so sure. Rubio is the consumate establishment candidate. Not saying you're wrong but just that I'm not sure I agree, I think Kasich would give up his piddly few delegates before Rubio would. Rubio's total doesn't have a chance to increase like Kasich's does though. I guess it all depends on if Kasich can win any more states as to how much of a factor his delegates are. Hell, if Trump somehow sweeps the rest of the states then all of this is moot anyway.
>>
>>29363
Even if the GOP loses the general election and Clinton gets the presidency, they have a solid four years of obstinate Senatorial blocking, effectively hobbling Clinton's presidency from the start. Obama didn't have such a crazy divide to work with until 2010, following the Tea Party uprising; Clinton is going to have to work with that from the beginning of her presidency, and with her Obama-successor rhetoric it's looking like it'll be a continuation of the last four years.
>>
>>29342
>Ron Paul in 2012
I keep hearing about this but what exactly did he do in 2012? And what did the RNC change so he couldn't do it again?
>>
>>29503
>what exactly did he do in 2012
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2012/08/28/ron-paul-supporters-gather-signatures-for-rules-fight/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/04/07/dramatic-little-known-gop-rule-change-takes-choice-of-presidential-candidate-away-from-rank-and-file-republicans-and-hands-it-to-party-elite/

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/ron-paul-supporters-rebel-convention-floor-fuck-you-tyrants

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/8/29/chaos_on_the_convention_floor_as
>>
>>29505
>>29503
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul_presidential_campaign,_2012#Delegate_count

>The Paul campaign pursued a strategy of gathering support from state delegates as opposed to outright winning states.[117] For example, Paul had a strong showing in Romney's home state, Massachusetts, with supporters getting the majority of delegates there (though they are compelled to vote for Romney in the first round), causing a battle between the Paul delegates, the Massachusetts Republican Party, and the Republican National Convention Committee.[118] A similar situation played out in Louisiana, with the Paul campaign initially winning 17 of 30 available delegates before procedural and legal challenges changed the allocation.....

>....Paul remained active in the race through the 2012 Republican National Convention.[123] Leading up to the convention, Ron Paul won bound-pluralities of the official delegations from the states of Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, and Oregon (but not the Virgin Islands—despite winning the popular vote there). During the credentials committee meetings the week prior to the official opening of the convention, the Ron Paul members of the delegations from Louisiana, Maine, and Oregon were disputed (as well as the Ron Paul delegates from Massachusetts), and many of the Ron Paul delegates from those states were unseated. ... In the end, Ron Paul had bound-pluralities from Iowa, Minnesota, and Nevada; however, he additionally had nomination-from-the-floor-pluralities in the states of Oregon and Alaska, plus the territory of the Virgin Islands. Under the 2012 rules, this total of 6 from-the-floor pluralities was sufficient to earn a fifteen-minute speech on national television; the rules were changed at the last minute to require 8 from-the-floor pluralities, and thus Ron Paul did not speak at the convention.
>>
>>29449
All of what you're saying hinges on whether or not the democrats win the Senate back. They certainly won't win the House back with the way the congressional districts are gerrymandered in 30ish/50 states, but they have a chance to take back the Senate due to how many current Republican senators are retiring.
>>
>>29503
Ron Paul was a sneaky snake, m8.
>>
>>29506

The reason why the GOP lost my vote then, and probably for any candidate they themselves choose to put forward.
>>
>>29653
It's amazing how quickly most common people seem to forget these things.
>>
>>29509
>gerrymandering is the reason they won't win the house back

This retarded meme needs to die

There are NO republicans in the house from massachusetts despite 40% of massachusetts voting for Romney in 2012

Blue states are gerrymandered just as much as red states, democrats can't win the house because white southerners will not vote for democrats anymore
>>
>>29804
>he thinks gerrymandering is just a meme

http://election.princeton.edu/2012/12/30/gerrymanders-part-1-busting-the-both-sides-do-it-myth/
>>
>>29329
It might as well be a strategy to make Trump an ensemble dark horse.
>>
Boehner apologized, btw.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.