[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American CEO Commits Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0
Aubrey McClendon, CEO of Chesapeake Energy, has apparently committed suicide a day after being indicted.

here's the link:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/02/news/chesapeake-ceo-dead-aubrey-mcclendon-car-crash/index.html
>>
>>26671
He hasn't been the Chesapeake CEO for a couple of years. Chesapeake was already fined for wrongdoing while he was CEO and has been cooperating with the Feds in this case against this guy. He was indicted on the first federal anti-trust charges against an individual in over 100 years. Also, he's a billionaire and owns a lot of varied things like the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team. This is a pretty big deal, even bigger now that he's apparently killed himself.

Whatever else it is, it's a sadly under-reported story.

more coverage:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/business/aubrey-mcclendon-is-charged-with-conspiracy-in-oil-and-natural-gas-bidding.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2016/03/01/the-federal-indictment-of-aubrey-mcclendon/

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14880310/oklahoma-city-thunder-part-owner-aubrey-mcclendon-indicted-bid-rigging-charges
>>
>>26671
>>26674
Considering how he is a billionaire, and the kinds of jail time and charges he is facing, I bet he thought it was cheaper to fake his own death rather than pay lawyers millions to defend against something he knows he did.
>>
>>26693
You mean like Ken Lay?
>>
>>26734
JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS, HILLARY!
>>
>>26671
It's nice to hear some positive and uplifting news for once. The news is always so depressing anymore with horrid people getting away with terrible shit all the time. I'm glad it had a happy ending.
>>
>>26671
I'm honestly just surprised we had such a wealthy guy here in Chesapeake. I'm waiting to see how this may actually effect the area.
>>
>>26823
I imagine most of his wealth was leeched from your area, so I suppose the economy should rise for a little while then even out.

I bet you'll get a bunch more chain stores and the like.
>>
>>26823
>>26848
This. One less parasite. Your economy should improve.
>>
>>26823
Chesapeake Energy is based out of Oklahoma.
>>
It was the CIA

America is literally worse than Soviet was
>>
>>26848
more like where one big parasite falls, millions more rush to eat up it's place, as long as the ignorant masses allow it
>>
>in before his car is crushed and sent off to China
>>
Cheapskate lol
>>
>>26671
>suicide
>car crash

Oh boy... they got another one. What did she do to piss off the Jewish elites?
>>
>>26808
Look at this useful idiot. Open both your eyes.

>>27028
More like what did they know? Or how did they get the charred cadaver they left in the burning vehicle?
>>
>police said McClendon was traveling very fast when his car "drove straight into" a wall of an overpass.

I've been considering doing this for a few months now, just don't want to fuck up and end up paralyzed but alive.
>>
>>27017
That's why I said chain stores
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.