[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
38-year-old Man Arrested for Posting "GATE" Episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: file.gif (1 MB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
1 MB, 500x450
On December 2, the joint investigation headquarters consisting of police headquarters in Kyoto, Shimane, Yamaguchi and Kochi arrested a 38-year-old male office worker from Osaka-city on suspicion of copyright infringement (infringement of public transmission rights).

According to the police, the suspect posted the first and another one episode of GATE: Jieitai Kano Chi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri TV anime onto video-sharing website FC2 via its "FC2 Live" service without the copyright holder Warner Entertainment Japan's' permission on September 4, 2015. The police already searched his house and seized his PCs. The suspect has admitted his charge and said that he wanted to share values with others by streaming the anime on the internet.

FC2 has been infamous for being a place to share illegally uploaded videos. The founder of the site in his 40s has been placed on a nation-wanted list by Japanese police. He is believed to be staying in the U.S. to acquire the U.S. Citizenship.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/03/38-year-old-man-arrested-for-posting-gate-episodes-onto-video-sharing-site
>>
I hope they don't go after nyaa. I suppose it's only a matter of time, although I'm sure there will always be alternatives
>>
>>6149
Let's hope it doesn't get to this point in the near-future.
>>
>>6149
From what I've heard, Nyaa is hosted in Sweden so it's exempt from most laws.
>>
>>6148
Realistically do you think he was taken to jail and quickly released with a simple hefty fine imposed on him? Typically, western entertainment companies try to all but extort money out of the person who commits copyright violations.
>>
>>6151
>>6150
If I remember correctly there was a thread on /a/ a few months ago about how some guy hosting an anime sharing site in the Netherlands got raided (I think he got his servers back though)
>>
Why arrest him? Stuff like that happens all the time in the USA, just send them to court and fine them. There is no reason to lock people up for crimes that are so inconsequential.
>>
>>6188
To make a show of "see this is what happens when you break this law".
Actually trying to properly enforce these laws and prosecute every single violator would be too difficult without going full Fascist/Communist so they just make an example out of someone as a fear tactic.
>>
>>6148
>streaming
He deserved it.
>>
Good. Having shit taste is jail worthy
>>
>>6154
>Netherlands
>getting raided
>ever

>captcha: 1940
>>
>>6148
>streaming
well he had it coming then
>>
>>6208
I don't remember if it was actually the Netherlands but the point remains
>>
>streaming
and nothing of value was lost

>>6191
So that's what passes for 'justice' these days, eh?
>>
I feel bad for the guy arrested. That shit is overkill for stream sharing. The amount of taxpayer money spent on getting this guy far exceeds what his could have possibly done in damages. All just to make an example.

>>6148
>staying in the U.S. to acquire the U.S. Citizenship
>smug-obama.jpg
>>
The japanese diet is a fuckin shitshow, old men corrupt as can be running the show

Row row fight the power japanons
>>
Fucking hell, I've come to expect this shit from the Japanese government.
>>
>>6148
Offense: Being a faggot weeb :^)
Deserves everything he got
>>
>>6407
>japanese
>weeb
baka gaijin
>>
>>6148
I ain't opening crunchy links but they better not be saying they're above illegally posting anime since that was their business.
>>
>>6148
>crunchyroll
Good source.

>streaming
>Gate
Oh dear.
>>
Are half the people in this thread /a/?
>>
>>6598
more like half the people on this board
>>
>>7790
Why, that would be almost 20 anons.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.