[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Web Sales of Lifetime Netflix and Spotify
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0
http://thesource.com/2015/12/02/hackers-selling-lifetime-subscriptions-to-netflix-spotify-hbo/

What do we think? Another attempt at fear mongering parents into restricting free Internet access, or a genuine article that relates to the growing demand for Internet based services?
>>
If netflix, spotify, and other services really do have issues that allow this to happen then maybe they should fix them.
>>
>>5885
It sounds like a modern version of a classic scam artist's sales pitch.
>>
>>5920
the hackers just steal user credentials and sell those, so there isn't a good way of preventing it that isn't already implemented.
>>
>>5885
Is that article supposed to be an advertisement?
All the article talks about is:
>you can get anything you want
>it's insanely cheap
>as risk-free as possible
>>
>Paying for streams
>Streaming
>>
Reminds me of this one time some guys found a security flaw on a national ISP's network, which they exploited to sell these lifetime internet modems. They were pricey and I'm pretty sure it's been fixed now.
>>
i've bought those and they've been usually closed in a month
>>
Is this more dangerous than torrenting/illegal streaming? I don't think most people would resort to the dark web to watch free movies.
>>
>>6279
It's much more dangerous. They don't usually enforce piracy laws unless someone's making a profit off of it. I don't have any doubt you could be charged for using someone else's login credentials for Netflix.
>>
>>6225
If you've got a good vendor they'll replace it for free, and probably throw in a free ebook too.
>>
>>6061
Yeah, sounds like it's security on the user end. You could add another authentication method, but they'll easily get that info with the same methods that get them other info. People just need to be educated on what phishing scams look like and how to avoid them. Or figure out a way to have a program automatically detect all phishing scams and save users from their own stupidity. I'm not sure which is harder to do, to be honest.
>>
Paying for a stolen spotify account that will be seized within a month seems pretty inane, even if you get replacements. Not being able to build a playlist library renders the whole concept pretty useless, at least for me.

Netflix i can understand, but since you can share your account with friends its already pretty cheap if you share. They only have shit tho so i wouldnt do it anyway.

And yeah, the article offers little more than "this is a thing that happens and its very great for you my friend"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.