[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nigerian court sentences man to death by hanging for robbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: index(2).jpg (28 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
index(2).jpg
28 KB, 400x250
A man identified as David Olugboyega, convicted for stealing N14, 570 ($70.00) from three people on March 20, 2003 at Araromi Street, Ikere-Ekiti, Nigeria was sentenced to death by hanging by an Ado Ekiti High court today December 3rd.

The presiding judge, Justice John Adeyeye while delivering judgement said "An accused may be convicted on his own confession alone as long as the court was satisfied. Based on the confessional statement of the accused, the court found him guilty as charged. Besides, the prosecution has also proved his case beyond reasonable doubt by providing seven witnesses. The accused is hereby sentenced to death by hanging. This will serve as deterrent to others in the society. May God have mercy on your soul," he said.

According to a report by Tribune Newspapers , the prosecutor, Alaba Adeyemi, told the court that the convict armed with weapons including gun and cutlass, robbed three people, specifically robbed Kola Owolabi of N8,000, Beatrice Olawumi, N5,000 and Idowu Abiodun, N1,570. Seven witnesses where provided to prove the case.

The convict pleaded guilty to the charge and also confessed to have been involved in series of robberies. The convict confessed to have joined a gang when he was in a prison.
http://www.newseveryhour.com/2015/12/court-sentences-man-to-death-by-hanging.html#more
>>
>>5793
>death
>over $70
Holy shit.
>>
>>5793
Based Nigeria
>>
>death
>for a few dollars more than the price of new vidya

Oh the humanity.
>>
>>5822
>few dollhairs more
Guess you aren't up here in the frozen north, eh?
>>
Pretty sure 70$ in Nigeria is like, 5000$ elsewhere.
>>
>>5793
>David Oogabooga
Africa, everyone.
>>
>>5811
>>5822
How much money should a person be killed over if $70 is too little?
>>
>>5863
A few years back, it was common in Europe to hang people for stealing the equivalent of a bread roll.
We don't do that sort of thing anymore, but you can't expect Africa to keep up with all the latest trends.

But I really came into this thread to say this: >>5841.
Alas, I am too late.
>>
>>5793
>2050 Nigeria has 5 people alive in it.
>>
>>5811
$70 is money for more than two months
>>
>>5887
>it was common in Europe to hang people for stealing the equivalent of a bread roll.

They will continue to hang unless they learn the meaning of the law! Men like these can never change; no! 24601!
>>
>gang member
>robbed three people at gun/cutlass point
>admitted to being involved in other robberies

You guys can cry for this waste of oxygen if you want. I'm not seeing any negative side to putting him down.
>>
>>5841
Thats the same name as everyones favorite lead in Star Wars Episode VIIā„¢
>>
>with a cutlass
WE WUZ PIRATES AND SHIT
#JOLLYRODGERLIVESMATTER
>>
>>5887
$71
Aren't sophisms great
>>
>>6097
I like the cut of your jib.
>>
Is this normal harshness for Nigeria or is the gang the guy is in really notorious?
>>
>>5793
But man robbing 70 bucks in nigeria must be like a million or something.
>>
70 USD in a Nigeria could probably feed a small village for several months.
>>
>>5836
Killing someone for stealing $5000 is insane.
>>
>>5863

Nobody should be killed for stealing period, it should be strictly limited to jail time.
>>
Different part of the world, the third world shithole. $70 in USD is around $14,000 elsewhere. Take into consideration that in USA even the poorest fuckers won't die of hunger. In Africa, they need that money to survive. Someone could die because they couldn't buy food or other shit. So you could say he deserved death.
>>
>>5793
based nigeria. they used to hang people in the usa for stealing cattle/horses. they should go back to hardline instead of coddling criminals
>>
>>6266
This.
>>
I love the hypocrisy in this thread
>hurr durr for only $70
how many innocents have lost their lives in murrican prisons? how many lives have been destroyed in your prisons?

reminder: the US is the #1 imprisoner in the world, and the murrican prisons are not exactly 5 stars hotels (some people practically live in isolation, other people are jailed for months or even years without a verdict).
>>
>>6538
We sure as fuck wouldn't jail anybody for over a decade over SUSPECTED petty thievery. We didn't even execute Bernie Madoff, even though he backstabbed his fellow jews
>>
>>6779
>We sure as fuck wouldn't jail anybody for over a decade over SUSPECTED petty thievery.
Reminder that jail is where you go before you get convicted, meaning it's the place where people who're suspected of crime go.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.