[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Christian persecution complex time roles around...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: bashed.jpg (82 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
bashed.jpg
82 KB, 400x529
> Inside the Sunshine Coin Laundry near the Piggly Wiggly supermarket, Lagretta Ellington removed her family’s clothes from one of the large dryers and began to neatly fold them on a nearby table.

> The air was moist and smelled of detergent. The floor was concrete. Her views of the presidential race were anything but. She was unsettled, and distrustful. The candidates just seemed like entertainers.

> “I’m going to pray on it,” the 48-year-old Ellington said. “Hopefully, God will lead me in the right direction.”

In the South, now the pivotal battlefield of the 2016 presidential campaign, faith and politics walk the aisle together. And while Christians have always dominated American politics – Bernie Sanders this week became the first non-Christian ever to win a presidential primary in U.S. history – conservative Christians feel under siege.

> Marriage is being redefined, and they’re being forced to go along. A new health care law mandates free contraception, even if it violates their core beliefs. Even the greeting “Merry Christmas” feels under assault.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article60064956.html#storylink=cpy
>>
>>22858
So are you trying to imply that all Christians act like the one in the top frame of the comic? Do you stereotype like that when it comes to other groups too?

Truth is some of them are normal people and they are indeed being disenfranchised by this PC enforcement nonsense which is essentially divide and conquer in its most obvious form. You don't have to be against everything white, male, and traditional. Those are the things that got our society to where it is today. Yet I've seen nothing but regression since the other side has taken the reigns, and I say that as a third party.
>>
>>22858
Some might say there is something incredibly primitive about the woman's world view. Rather than analyze the candidates positions she relies on God to "tell" her who to vote for.
>>
>>22873
Go home, reddit.
>>
>>22858
No christians in america are being persecuted nor have they ever. What they are feeling is called entitlement, something that they claim is a problem with everyone else except themselves.
>>
>>22885
Surely they wouldn't make up the threat...?!
>>
>>22888
Bernie Sanders is going to cancel Christmas, anon.
>>
>>22858
My money's still on Sam brownback. He can get the cheapest deal on the cool new toys
>>
>>22882
Great counterargument. Real productive, bro
>>
>>22885
/thread
>>
>>22885
Proof that you know nothing about American history.
>>
>>22882
That was the opposite of a reddit response regard stop false flagging and leave.
>>
>>22858
> "Qualify On their Knees".
For once, I would like to read a evangelical Christian news article without the sexual puns. It's like they can not hear themselves think over all of the rug-burn. Jeez.
>>
>>22981
What's the conservative version of reddit?!
>>
>>22885
Exactly right. This is something that is so hard to get people to understand though.
>>
>>22988
I want to know too.
>>
>>23027
Breitbart probably?
>>
>>22988
/pol/
>>
>>22885

This. Christians are so used to special treatment and consideration in the US that any pushback against said special treatment feels like oppression and persecution to them.
>>
>>22885
>Literally not allowed to pray in public
>Legally forced to use their religious facilities and traditions in a way that is forbidden by their religion
I may not agree with everything they believe but you have to be pretty damn blind not to see how much it's okay to restrict their religious freedom while allowing muslim practices to run completely unchecked. That is literally persecution.
>>
>>23442
>literally not allowed to pray in public
this is the least intelligent comment i've ever seen
>>
Thread's no longer bumpable.
>>
>>23592
Use 4chanX you can set up the board to show most recently posted in thread not by bump order.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.