[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia says it has proof Turkey involved in Islamic State oil trade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 0
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/12/02/us-mideast-crisis-russia-turkey-idUSKBN0TL19S20151202

>"The irony of the Russians raising this concern is that there's plenty of evidence to indicate that the largest consumer of ISIL oil is actually Bashar al-Assad and his regime, a regime that only remains in place because it is being propped up by the Russians," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said.

Why would Assad be buying oil from the ISIL?
>>
Why are Americans so hell bent on defending Turkey?
>>
>>5361
>the ISIL
Because Daesh controls oil fields in Syria, hence Assad is buying Syrian oil
>>
>>5454
Nato / gateway to Europe
>>
>>5454
Because they don't believe, and need more proofs.
>>
>people actually don't support Assad
Fucking hell.
>>
>>5998
he didn't do a good job
>>
>>5361
Not sure how true it is, but I've heard (and wouldn't be surprised) that in order to sell oil, ISIS sells to unaffiliated middle men who then distribute it to everybody else in the region. So people buying oil from these middle men can buy needed resources while avoiding direct implication that they're helping the enemy.
>>
>>5454
Greatest ally, etc, etc.
If I was Obama I would be plotting to overtrow Erdogan and put a proper puppet goverment in his place instead of the national equivalent of an asperger's kid with OCD, maybe even someone willing to negociate with the PKK (who are also enemies of Al-Assad) instea of shelling civilians and risking NATO to enter into a conflict with Russia because muh nationalism.
>>
>>5998
Gotta get him out if power at some point. Cant calm the region until he himself is gone in some large aspect.
>>
>>6015
His dad was better
>>
>>6040
You don't start a reform at the top.
That's the failure of the Arab spring, of the French revolution and of so many others.
Of course the government carries a lot of responsibility. But to ignore the basis and believe that things can change on just democracy alone is just erroneous.
>>
>>6063
consider the idea that maybe the arab spring was supposed to "fail"
>>
>>6122
>Est tu, /pol/?

I doubt months of chaos and billions of $$$ wasted was anyone's 'plan all along'.

But if you ask who benefits most, arms dealers and mafia/ fanatics come to mind.
Oil or not, Assad's 'stability' amid Turkish aggressions tips NATO's hand.

>>No amount of grovelling will save Israel from the coming storm..
>>
>>5361
Assads gotta get his oil from someone.

Also please remember(which you don't because you most likely haven't followed the war for very long) Assad and ISIS did have a truce going for almost a year during which ISIS crushed the FSA in western Syria. Plenty of time to buy up some oil there when they aren't trying to kill each other outright.

In addition ISIS oils going to be cheaper than anyone else because the sell range for that oil is quite limited, so buyers market for anyone who can get their hands on it.

TLDR; It's cheap, convenient, and beneficial for both sides.
>>
Usually I support what my own government says and does versus what Russia says and does, but holy shit can't we side with them just this once? Turkey doesn't do shit for us or NATO as a whole; why even support them?
>>
>>6227
That's one thing that most people outside the region are confused about- the various clans and allegiances being forged and broken so often.
It's not a simple "terrorists" vs. "non-terrorists", there's many factions fighting directly and many more working behind the scenes with funding or intelligence.
>>
>>6229
Turkey is a prowestern, largely secular, country bordering the middle east
They're the buffer zone, they know it, and they want European and American support in exchange for their role
>>
>>5361
>oh yeah russia-kun w-well your friends buy isis oil t-too!

Too late white house, they called hypocrite first.
>>
>>6327
Actually, no. Haswani has been sanctioned by the US as the Russian national middleman in the Assad-IS oil deals since before Russia intervened. He role was also reported internationally last spring, and regionally a few years ago.

So, Russia is neither naive of its own hypocrisy nor original.
>>
>>6227
That makes sense, but it's odd.
>>
>>5517
>Assad is just buying Syrian oil
He's recognizing and aiding a terror group responsible for killing almost as many Syrian civilians as he has and discarding his duties as president of Syria yet again.

At this point it's clear that he is a terrorist warlord/ a second IS, that he has abandoned Syria, and that his enabelers are OK with this.
>>
>>6063
And you do not bring peace until all the players are cooperating or dead. Especially the assad regime to the people of syria
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.