[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the british are googling what the eu is hours after leaving it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/

Seems Plato was right about democracy
>>
>>53468
A loss for the EU is a win for democracy.
>>
>>53471
A win for democracy is a loss for humanity
>>
>>53471
>>53473

A democracy with a loss is a win for humanity.
>>
>>53473
A loss for humanity is a win for the earth
>>
>>53471
>>53473
>>53482
>>53484
Fucking conservatives
>>
>>53484
A loss of earth is a loss of humanity.
>>
>rigged vote
>democracy fails

no one is engineering disaster, as we know from our loving protector's words
>>
>>53491
>tfw I'm left-leaning
>just fuck Britain
>>
>>53492
Good thing they Earth couldn't even care that we are here
>>
>>53491
>conservatives don't worship at the altar of democracy
>>
>>53491
Fucking liberals
>>
>>53491
>>53557
fuck humans tbh
>>
>>53498
The critters do...
>>
>>53468
Somebody at WaPo needs to be fired for that headline. The search trend rising is "What happens if we leave the EU?" not "What is the EU?"
>>
>>53577
Will they be voting for an exit as well?
>>
>>53583

For once I agree with someone on /news/

The tech writer who attempt to write an article on social research/politics made quite a few assumptions in his article that are misleading and dumb. Just because our "tech guru" knows about Google Trends doesn't mean he understands how to use it.

These searches could have come from citizens who voted, "stay" who didn't believe the majority were going to vote, "leave." There might have been buyers regret, but there isn't any evidence to say this one way or the other. Also, it could have been the 20 million people in the country that didn't bother to vote trying to figure out what was going on. We know nothing about who typed this in. This tech writer needs to take social research methods 101
>>
>>53583
Still, they should have fucking learned what happens before voting
>>
democracy is the most disgusting thing that was ever introduced, let's not talk about it
>>
>>53608
Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the people googling this are Remain voters who didn't expect to lose.
>>
>>53602
I think if they knew what the EU was, they wouldn't have been asking "What happens if we leave"

It's not that large of an assumption. Take the example given and then apply it to other things, with the notion you don't know what it is.
>What is a gas tank?
>Why did my car stop running?

>What is a computer?
>Why is the box behind the computer smoking?

>What is Salmonella?
>Why do I have a really bad belly ache after I ate raw chicken?

>What is China?
>Where are all these yellow people coming from?
>>
>>53602
Why do some actual research when you could just spin results to suit you ideals.
>>
Plato was right about everything.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.