[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BRITAIN LEAVES EU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 0
I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times in the last few minutes, but just for good measure:

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

IT HAPPENED
IT FUCKING HAPPENED
>>
>>53195
That crazy son of a bitch did it!
>>
Congratulations
Both options seemed pretty awful to me, but independence will probably be a good thing.
>>
>>53195

value of british pound alreaden fallen more than it did on black wednesday in 1992
>>
>>53212
Well it's a good thing that money isn't real lad.
>>
Not a brit but, I'm pretty sure they are headed to a recession. The desire to close borders, not abide by other countries trade rules for exports, if brits export anything at all other than bad teeth and royalty, and plainly pissing on other's.
>>
>>53195
Can someone knowledgeable explain the difference between the Schengen Area which the UK is not part of, and the UKs allowance for the immigration of EU member state citizens?
>>
okay the speculators who drive down the pound and euro are idiots, brexit is barely even an event for theses economies... i mean britain can trade with all kinds of countries not part of the EU so why should anything change?
in fact it might actually be good for the economy cuz they'll have slightly less useless regulations on their industry
>>
>>53246
Exactly what North Korea says. Enjoy your no economy.
>>
>>53246
Now that's one great stance on economy. I'll be searching for your GDP next to Brazil in a few years.
>>
>>53246
>values
>keep those filthy sand niggers off my lawn
>>
>>53235

>UK can trade with many places
>confirmed having no idea what he is talking about
Top ten trading partners for UK. See a pattern?

United States: US$66.5 billion (14.5% of total UK exports)
Germany: $46.4 billion (10.1%)
Switzerland: $32.2 billion (7%)
China: $27.4 billion (5.9%)
France: $27 billion (5.9%)
Netherlands: $26.6 billion (5.8%)
Ireland: $25.5 billion (5.5%)
Belgium: $17.8 billion (3.9%)
Spain: $13.1 billion (2.8%)
Italy: $12.9 billion (2.8%)

>Regulation was the problem
kek. Globalized free trade not perfect, but I still believe the free market can save everything. Protect my boarders but nothing within them, that'll help.
>>
>>53235
>slightly less useless regulations on their industry

You know you still have to meet with other countries regulations when you trade with them, right? Even if you don't want to?
>>
>>53259
Well if they assimilated like every other immigrant, maybe everyone wouldn't hate the ignorant fucks.
>>
>>53277
>give up my values and traditions to become an english fuck
no thank you fam
>>
>>53281
>>53277

Neither one of these are good arguments

1) Chinatowns are usually pretty awesome and even act as tourist attractions in NYC, SF, Toronto, etc. The fact this group didn't fully assimilate adds something interesting to the city.

2) Some concessions certainly need to made to the host country. Backwards ass ideas like women shouldn't go to school need to be left behind. Conceptions of a religious based legal system is a big nope (at least in the US where we are system which separates church and state for good reason).

3) Immigrants do need to play ball with the host cost in order to not completely piss off the locals, however, the locals shouldn't get bent out of shape of little things that don't actually matter.
>>
R.I.P British economy

Thank God I shorted your shitty currency
>>
>>53212
Only because the EU put the value way up last night to make people vote in
>>
>>53290

you have no idea how forex markets work, do you?
>>
UK and US are going to be such best buds now. Even more than we already were. Don't worry UK pals. You don't need those continentals. The US will help you, as long as you stay friendly.
>>
>>53291
None whatsoever
>>
>>53285
Hard to disagree with, but everyone has a different idea about what "actually matters"
>>
>>53292
Yeah come to think of it, they might just end up pretty much under our suzerainty lol
>>
Britian is just going to become the 52nd state now
>>
Haha, David Cameron just resigned to go private.
>>
>>53298
Daaaaamn
>>
>>53298
The absolute madman.
>>
What do we do ?
>>
>>53292
No. Stay away from us.
>>
>>53305
We party.
>>
Im not necesarilly pro Farage. I hope uk do fine.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-result-results-in-full-britain-uk-vote-to-leave-the-european-union-live-latest-a7099101.html
>>
>>53308
Too bad bitch, now that your neighbors hate you we're all you have. You dug this hole, now lie in it
>>
>>53195
OH joy, OH glory!!
It's the funniest shit to happen this year.
It's a good thing it happened for numerous reasons, though
>>
>>53289
Soros!!!!
>>
Its not like they were really a part of EU all along
>separate currency
>retarded measurment system
>vote NO on anything money related when marority of others vote YES
>GCHQ - NSA cooperation
I say good riddance, but they fucked themselves over.
Now just to hope there wont be a wave of refugees from UK
>>
>>53344
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>53230
Rasheed is doing his nut in.
>>
>>53246
That one anal anguished Pole samefagging against you is hilarious.
>>
>>53285
>the locals shouldn't get bent out of shape of little things that don't actually matter
Does mass rape, terrorism, constant demands for our culture to change to suit them and murders on our street meet this criteria?
>>
>>53195
I have a solution.

I want england to go into anarchy so the housing market plummets, martial law is declared, martial law is removed, citizens are given arms because isis is trying to move in, then Scotland and Ireland try to annex england for a century and a half of being a huge fucking prick. Then the housing market will recover tremendously, post war trade will flourish, gun laws will be abolished, and I can finally own a countryside Manor in my elbow padded sweater while I wear a paperboy hat and shoot a double barreled shotgun that costs half as much as the Manor at my neighbors cow that is clearly out of range, drunk on brandy.
Living out the rest of my days in peace as my investment market does all the heavy lifting for me while I whimsically drive a custom convertible prius in racing gloves and goggles, wearing a silk scarf too.
Once I get bored of that I can turn the Manor into an Academy for only boys aged 10-18 so I can have some age hierarchy and moderate bullying within where the students must wear Harry Potter uniforms and everyone is required to have a pet puma, even if it isn't tamed. I will only have the tennants be ex-royal marines in French maid costumes modified to have full PPE while they have to talk like pirates as they attend to the pupils.
They also will RKO known bullies at random, and the nurse on site will be a very attractive 5'6" D cupped woman with a severe social disorder who is also a sleeper agent. She will not even be a qualified nurse. As well as make the Manor inside, to have every gargoyle be a miniature version of spek being piledriven by guy fieri. And have the campus seem like it has a huge mystery to it that a few kids will decide to try and find, but turns out in the end, the life of one friend, and some hard charging sexual orientation later, is just a pinata filled with expired chocolates from 1969.
>>
>>53354
I also want the school to be called pleasure island, and a statue of the fat guy on the island from Disneys' Pinocchio out front, and everytime a student graduates, a donkey replaces them. Also the mascot will be a leukemia suffering Ramona flowers, and the only sports available are qudditch (or whatever it is) and contact table tennis.
If the boys do have disputes they can resolve them by going into an arena wearing union jack onesies and a Soviet conscript hat, where they will throw snapping turtles at eachother until one yields, where the other will be the true victor.
I will make the next generation of England great again.
>>
I'm not into politics especially international affairs but did UK just remove themselves from all of Europe, like how the South removed themselves from the US? What why? Is it a mudslime thing?
>>
>>53272
EU members always have to meet EU regulations, even when trading with non members
>>
>>53354
>>53355

put that on all your loan applications
>>
>>53340
Not going to worry about it, us Scots will get another referendum before everything is official and we'll slide back into the EU no problem. Leaving you guys and the English to have a a good old daisy chain wank.
>>
>>53195
they did not leave the EU. realize that referendums are popularity polls that governments do not have to follow. it does, however, influence them as parties want the support of their people.
>>
>>53281
Then why even come to Britain?
>>
Can someone plainly explain nicely why England decided to opt out of the EU?
>>
>>53404
Basically?

Nationalism and the perception that EU bureaucracy was suffocating the UK economy. How much of tit was actually true is debatable.
>>
>>53292
You mean England, right? Ireland and Scotland will not stand for this.
>>
>>53297
What's the 51st? And don't say something gay like Mexico. If anything it would be Israel.
>>
>>53424
Puerto Rico?
>>
>>53382
No offense Scotland but your infrastructure is deteriorating into Haiti status, everyone 40 and under is strung out on heroin or on methadone, everyone over 40 is an alcoholic,the state of your plumbing makes street shitting seem like a solution, and 90% of your population is on the spectrum. I can't say I didn't have a good time but a year there was 8 months too long. Where the fuck did it go wrong for you guys?
P.S. You're still better than Belfast.
>>
If I had a teraflop of muslims in my state with the promise of more to come I'd want to secede too. Say what you want about Mexicans but you can't begin to compare them to the slimes. The mayor of your capital city is from a religion that wants you dead, and sharia law zones? Fuck that.
>>
>>53426
No. It's a territory but they have no interest in becoming a state and the U.S. doesn't want them as one. It's a territory for strategic reasons same as Guam.
>>
>>53285
Keeping your culture is fine. Being hostile and wanting your own country isn't.
>>
>>53433
They've been trying to apply for statehood since their 2012 referendum.

>>53431
The mayor of your capital city is from a religion that wants you dead, and sharia law zones? Fuck that.
There are no sharia law zones in the UK. And Khan is by all accounts a really nice guy.
>>
>>53246
you're right

the uk is the most progressive country in europe, on race issues, LGBT issues, even things like veganism, and animal rights, we have always been way in front of the rest of the eu

farage did us all a disservice pretending it was about race

it's going to be funny in a few years when our immigration quota includes more brown-skinned people arriving than ever
>>
>>53195
Congratulations on fucking over your economy!
>>
>>53438
i'd rather have democracy than a few handouts

you people are so easily bought it's frightening
left wing my arse
>>
>>53435
Puerto Rico will never become a state. There is also a strong independence movement.
>>
>>53439
Oh, yeah, because democracy is so valuable nowadays. All you did is destroy your immediate future. It'll take the UK decades to recover. And that's only if you can keep Scotland in check after this disaster.
>>
>>53441
and in decades what's going to happen to europe?
>>
>>53442
It depends. If the amount of retards living here is inferior at the percentage of retards living in the UK nowadays, then not much. It'll stay the 2nd economy in the world. With a little luck we'll finally have some common fiscal policies that'll help develop the poorer regions, like in an actual country, and avoid shit like back in 2008.
>>
>>53443
well, honestly, good luck
i think this is the beginning of the end for the eu
>>
>>53444
Hey, we're not the ones whose currency's value dropped a whooping 11%.
>>
>>53445
it's a blip, and you've got worse coming
>>
>>53430
Did you stay in Glasgow by any chance?
>>
>>53424
The 51st state is denial
>tip
>>
>>53231
Google?
>>
well, i hope we don't die.
>>
>>53440
>There is also a strong independence movement.
Nigga please.

I live in Puerto Rico. Most of the people in here are unemployed and love to suck the tit that is called the United States of America. People in here unironically vote to stay a colony so we can keep the benefits that come from being a territory. Maybe that'll change with how things are moving now, but I don't see this place becoming independent on its own volition. 2020 at the earliest, but who the fuck knows?
>>
>>53250
NK matches its morals with its food supply.
>>
>>53460
You will die.
>>
>>53250
Complete tosh. Talk about a false equivalence. NK is a totalitarian collectivist nightmare that grew out of the cold war. Hardly anything near to what the UK is.
>>
Seven........ seven days.....
>>
So does this really change anything for us not-brits?
>>
>>53207
The absolute madman!
>>
>>53487
If you're in the EU, other eurosceptic parties all around Europe just got wind in their sails to push for their own exits, which could potentially trigger a domino effect. Certainly the EU will have some serious soul searching to do now.

If you're not in the EU.... No. Britain's exist will likely somewhat slow down the growth of global economy, but other than that you're cool.

If you're Argentinian, ATTACK, ATTACK NOW!!!!!
>>
>>53505
>If you're Argentinian, ATTACK, ATTACK NOW!!!!!
oh god my sides`
>>
Good morning England...How does it feel to wake up and not have an Islamic Merkel sausage in you?
>>
>>53509
>I have UK citizenship
>I may actually go there (once I have the funds), now that it has regained self-determination
breddy gud :DD
>>
>>53351

this is reasonable response to a neutral post
>>
>>53195

can someone give me a tldr of what this will mean exactly?

britain is going to have less immigrants? something about exporting? no more chris evans on top gear?
>>
>>53231
For anyone curious I did some digging: Article 21 in the EU treaty asserts the freedom for any member citizen to move to any member state.

The Schengen Agreement allows travel between member states with very lightly or no monitoring. Entering the zone itself is akin to entering a single country.

The U.K. is not part of Schengen, so all immigrants to the island are processed, however they cannot deny any EU citizen full admittance without violating the treaty.
>>
>>53446
care to explain as to what exactly you mean
>>
>>53524

Londons power in the world may be reduced. It is the current financial hub of the world but losing the privileges of being an eu state may drastically reduce Londons ability to be such an important center. Also if the European finance capital moves to the mainland England will lose out a big part of its economy and Londons housing market may drop as the prices are inflated by the ultra wealthy who work in banking.

It terms of lib vs con. It is a win and loss for each side. Libs may be happy about lower costs in the city and the city may open to more than just the super wealthy (even those this a pipe dream London will never be for anyone but the global elite). But both lose on the money finance brings the city and cons see a key ally (finance) weakened.

Also it makes the uk less important to the us. The us loves that the uk held a great deal of power in the eu and could push our policies through. Now that London has opted out of that powerful position the us needs to reformulate its diplomatic strategy to the eu. This is a loss for lib and cons (and the us).

However the real effects of this won't be seen until we see what England is willing to bring to the table when they try to remain the finance capital (if it is possible) and to gain access to the ru market the same way Norway does.
>>
>>53403
>THEN WHY EVEN COME TO BRITAIN?!
>>
This is actually genius.

They destroyed their own economy so that now no immigrants will ever want to come there anymore.

Pure genius.
>>
>>53281
They're trying to save britbongs from the curse of britbongness and this is how they're repaid.
>>
>>53435
So what is khan like in person?
>>
>>53382
I used to think the Scots were respectable people. Now I see that some of ya's are super liberal faggots
>>
Good for Britain.
>>
>>53285
>1) Chinatowns ...The fact this group didn't fully assimilate adds something interesting to the city.
The reasons why Chinatowns exist is because of segregation. Even the Frisco city government back then didn't want Chinese folk living and working among the white regions. Chinatowns used to be fenced-in areas, the people then and there couldn't assimilate because they weren't allowed. No doubt this influenced future waves of immigrants to keep to themselves.

It's just another example of why multiculturalism is a modern regressive form of segregation. As a spic born and living a "multicultural" region (fucking Canada), the parallels between it and segregationist attitudes are uncanny. I'm expected to behave like a stereotype, identify as a foreigner, mingle with my own kind, etc.
>>
>>53590
Nobody wants to pay for assimilation programs so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>53590

You are correct that china towns were due to segregation. However, the point remains that the idea that immigrants needing to fully assimilate or there is chaos is a bit of a stretch. There was a bit of hubub over the Chinese at first, but now few people actually give a shit and tourists love to drop money in the area. Same goes with Korea town in LA and the Russian Brighton Beach in NYC where the immigrants and businesses have not fully integrated. It is worth pointing out that these areas aren't fully isolated or segregated as well. As other groups live in these areas and have businesses as well.

>multiculturalism = segregation.
there may be overlap but the two are not exactly the same. Segregation in american history had two purposes 1) to isolate an unwanted to group but 2) still be able to use their labor. (your example of Chinese in SF is a good example)

Using Toronto as an example which is a multicultural city Russian, Ukrainian, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, etc. all have sections of the city that are predominately filled by these ethnic groups. Likely due to social networks and connections the immigrants end up moving into the same neighborhoods. Also they like living near those who speak their language, food, etc. This is not something that proves the natural distinction between ethnicities but instead shows that people some have difficulty fully assimilating. Other immigrants of the same background may choose to shun these areas and immigrant kids often adopt many of the dominant values of the country they are in.

If these groups were to block others from moving in or working in the area that'd be a problem. The only exception would be a business district limiting the number of non-ethnic stores, eateries, etc. (these wouldn't need to be run by these ethnicities), in order to retain a tourist attraction and bring foot traffic.
>>
>>53543

thanks

>gain access to the ru market the same way Norway does.

go on...
>>
>>53601

auto correct typo. ru=eu
>>
>>53599
>there may be overlap but the two are not exactly the same.
Samefag here. Of course not, it's why I used "a modern regressive form of segregation" as a descriptor as opposed to saying they are exactly alike. They were obviously conceptualized with different intentions, but a lot of the symptoms they both created are eerily similar. It's why I can't help but feel it be regressive, despite the intent.

>Using Toronto as an example ...This is not something that proves the natural distinction between ethnicities but instead shows that people some have difficulty fully assimilating
A ton of American cities early on were the same. Obviously first gen immigrants would experience difficulties assimilating and would live in their Germantowns, Greektowns, Little Italy sorts of places. A lot of those places are now inhabited by all sorts of other people, since later generations thereafter would naturally go out there to develop into the sort of Americans they wish to become.

Something like multiculturalism may seem like an appropriate fit for first gen immigrants, but it's only fitting as a short term plan. The real issue is when white hipsters who pat themselves on the back try to enforce multiculturalism on any assimilated person who isn't white. It's rude, offensive, alienating, and sure as hell not inclusive.

I actually spent some time living in the U.S.A., it was great to live in a place where I was seldom treated like an immigrant. The only people who did ever treat me that way were usually my own spic kind, but I thankfully never obliged myself to associating with my own kind.

>If these groups were to block others from moving in or working in the area that'd be a problem.
There doesn't need to be any active blocking to indicate a problem-free experience. There are so many instances here in of more sly ways of mistreatment, but it's usually swept under the rug and kept hush-hush since Canadian media obviously wants to portray this land as a utopia.
>>
So what do you think about the fact that this happened because of old, uneducated people?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/
>>
>>53612
More of a class thing really
>>
No matter how many times I hear it, Brexit sounds like a verb.

>what'd you do to the stock market?
>I brexit
>>
>>53612
If the young people are so educated, why didn't they vote?
>>
>>53612
Old people know more about the world than 20 year old dipshits who have no experience with life, love, money, or getting along with other people. Real experience, not dating a few girls or taking a vacation to Paris.

When you're a world-virgin, and you are when you're young, you should shut up and listen to people that are older than you. Youngsters think they're all special when they're not simply because media tells them so.
>>
>>53612
Salty fucks trying to cope and justify why they lost.
>>
>>53424
Puerto Rico. Its not on paper or official, but Jesus its pretty much a state
>>
>>53636
This a fallacy.
I don't care what you two are talking but the notion that seniors know more than the youth or vice versa is absurd.

The notion that just because someone is old they understand economics and politics better assuming a lot. Not to mention the ability to be blinded by nostalgia or voting for their own interests and not the nations. The assumption that kids are more knowledgable is also absurd.
>>
>>53382
>scotland secedes
>applies to eu
>vetoed by spain
>crawls back to england
>>
>>53382
>Scotland leaves the UK
>Joins EU as everyone else leaves the EU
>"YES! WE ARE SO COMPETENT!"

Perhaps you should have voted for your sovereignty? Oh, but you didn't, because you didn't want to have to go through all the hustle and bustle of getting back into the EU. Now you have to do it anyway. It's what you deserve for being such lazy pieces of shit voting to be submissive to the UK just because it was easier.

Because you voted against your own sovereignty, and voted to be dragged along by the UK like a bitch. But now they dragged you somewhere you didn't want to go, and you're crying. Like a bitch.
>>
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep00250?message-global=remove&WT.mc_id=FBK_SciReports not really part of it but at the same time it is
>>
>>53660
Nigga I voted yes, as did 45% of us. The ones that voted no are the ones kicking themselves. It all their fucking fault.
>>
>>53660
>Perhaps you should have voted for your sovereignty? Oh, but you didn't, because you didn't want to have to go through all the hustle and bustle of getting back into the EU. Now you have to do it anyway. It's what you deserve for being such lazy pieces of shit voting to be submissive to the UK just because it was easier.

I know that for a person that never goes out of their cave this is strange, but a country is made of individual, each with different ideals (aka. everyone is retarded in is own way). The "majority" voted no, but this don't mean that the 44% which voted yes in happy with that.
>>
>>53524
Please no more Chris Evans.
>>
>>53710
*45%
>>
>>53195
Folks my time reading the news on the web to hearing it on the news and seeing everyone who does nothing but ruin lives with financial power.

I must say.

Stay calm and carry on.
>>
>>53235
It wasn't speculators. That's their financial services preparing to move. They sold their interest in sterling to prepare to buy shit in other currencies.
>>
>>53613
Ye, working class has been treated very poorly and they reacted in the best way that they could. And it was all possible thanks to a political gamble!
>>
>>53271

Nice! Numbers. I like numbers. Lessee. Hmmm. Which these countries is going to stop importing goods from the UK again?

Ohh. Wait, you mean they're not? There might be a duty imposed on various goods because their no longer part of a free trade collective. I see, I see. That's terrible. How will the manufacturing behemoth which is Britain ever survive?

Exports of goods is clearly such a huge part of their GDP that it's worth giving up a little sovereignty.

Actually, do you have these number? The percentage of the percentage of their GDP which is affected by participation in the Eurozone? I think that might be a great number. I like numbers.

Bonus points: "Boarders" may be the best Freudian slip out this whole thing.
>>
>>53212
and now it's higher than it's been for some months
>>
ah well.. the US is gonna have the same thing also
this video of LWT tells it - must watch
https://youtu.be/st5uXE3NAt0
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.