[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Omar Mateen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Omar.jpg (4 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
Omar.jpg
4 KB, 284x177
https://thebrittishproletariat.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/orlando-and-radical-islam/#more-1697
>>
Nice article, but even this overview article doesn't mention that Orlando is a city in the state of Florida in the USA. Almost all news outlets skim over this fact as if everyone has memorized the entire map of the planet, the others just mention it as "Orlando, Florida". It's not just this topic, they do this quite often. I find this weird because one would expect a journalist to be able to journal the where as well as the what. I don't think it's too much to ask.
>>
>>51173
A little pedantic much? You have to take it in context. News is American-centric and you should assume we are talking about an American locale. Just like when New Orleans is mentioned without Louisiana, USA after it, or when Washington is mention. Washington in most context means Washington, DC, even if there is a state and a bunch of other places named that too.
>>
>>51065
Why does everyone keep calling him gay? I feel like the media has misconstruded everything to make him look like a dick sucking extermiest that doesn't even know which group he is in. How can you prove that the times he was at the gaybar wasn't to plot his masterplan.
>>
>>51173
Depends on the outlet, but most English-speaking print newspapers and agencies follow either the AP or New York Times Style Guidelines on issues like this (with house style for more common style conventions). A news article from the two outlets typically has the opener with location, like:

FRESNO, California ---- A naked man was arrested for...

There is a list of about 30 cities that do not require specifying the state or country after, and this typically applies also to first mention in news-features as well. (Magazines have totally different style guidelines, and blogs often have zero style guidelines.) The list of cities is something like:

New York City
Chicago
Washington
Oklahoma City (because the name says the state. But NOT Kansas City, because that's in Missouri!)
Beijing
Tokyo
Jerusalem
London, Paris, Berlin, Moscow, etc
(no African countries iirc, not even Cairo, since there's a couple big Cairos in the U.S.. If Rio's not on the list then there's no South American cities either.)

But what you are seeing is mostly the result of this story being saturated in the media for days now, to the point where everybody should know that Orlando is in Florida is in the U.S., so any story printed from now on doesn't need to specify (beyond the style guidelines of the publication and section, namely news -- typically if it's a feature or commentary, it won't specify anything about where Orlando is).
>>
>>51256
>How can you prove that the times he was at the gaybar wasn't to plot his masterplan.

going to the same bar for years seems too long to form some master scheme and attack a gay bar on Latin night
>>
>>51259
The 4chan/reddit guideline is, "in my country."
>>
>>51065
http://yournewswire.com/police-investigation-reveals-orlando-shooting-an-inside-job/
>>
>>51065
>It was an inside job constructed by the US Government.
>most of the mass shootings are.

The US Government wants to take it's people's right to bare arms so that they can impose Martial Law.

So many fucking people in the US want to do away with our Second Amendment.
And those people are fueled, and swayed by the government's manipulative actions.

Mass gun Confiscation can and will happen like it did with other countries in history.
>>
sure is alex jones in here today
>>
>>51397
People are supporting this unconstitutional idea that being on some mysterious 'no fly list' or 'terrorist watch list' should prevent you from getting a gun. People deserve a fucking trial before they're not allowed to get a gun.
>>
>>51407
Yes, no shit.
>>
>>51407
>People deserve a fucking trial before they're not allowed to get a gun.
So you think people should be able to own whatever type of gun they want? How does it feel being an extremist minority?
>>
>>51412
Hi Germany
>>
>>51413
kek
>>
>>51412
What difference does it make? A gun is a gun, it can kill. Pretty much anything can be a lethal weapon depending on how you use it. Woop dee fucking doo.
>>
>>51397
Does anyone have any references to debunk or support this claim?? Am I talking to zombies??
>>
>>51417
YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE KILLS?
>DEMOCIDE
>>
>>51418
give me time anon.
>>
look at this!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZTdCv-iC5c
>>
Cameraman harassed at vigil for the victims of the Orlando Pulse shooting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8nEkcKa_3g
>>
>>51065
Your news link is a opinion blog and blogs are forbidden under the rules of the /news/ sticky, not that it isn't tinfoil crap anyway.

>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>>/infowars/
>>>/godlikeproductions/
>>
>>51904
It's news, faggot. They're just using a blogging platform to bring it.
>>
>When starting a thread you must include the complete URL of a news article from a credible news site (for instance, a newspaper, news magazine, or a news TV channel). Blogs and editorial articles are not acceptable news sources.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>51397
What is reverse psychology?
>>
>>51904
>>51908
>see the best summary of the events in Orlando on /news/
>direct it to /pol/
Why don't you homophobic faggot go there yourself?
>>
>>51912
The fact he jumped straight to /pol/ tells us he is a triggered muslim, scared at what that blog has to say.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.