[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hell if i know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1462844300781.jpg (124 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462844300781.jpg
124 KB, 800x800
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2016/06/07/world-bank-cuts-2016-global-growth-forecast
>>
link to report
>
>
http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/pubdocs/publicdoc/2016/5/842861463605615468/Global-Economic-Prospects-June-2016-Divergences-and-risks.pdf
>>
>>50020
So what, another great depression?
>>
>>50194
Maybe for latin american countries, but the rest of the world seems to be staying very stable with seemingly "boring" and "grey" projections, except for India which continues their rise as an economic powerhouse.

Keep in mind also that Chinas GDP is expected to be highly inflated and is probably somewhere between 3-4%, not 6-7%. This is according to several other banks, in addition Chinese officials has stated that they don't trust their own projections of 7% previous to this.
>>
>>50215
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER INDIA! WTFH!
>China, "but mah toys and shit"
>India, "but my callcenterheaven must be completed"
>Cntrl Amr.,"but...we can't write reports of where all our drug monies are? you're all screwed, sorry."
>>
I think its also worth noting that i doesn't seem that the World Bank has adjusted the 'Euro zone'-projections down. Brexit is not only gonna hurt trade-relationships for UK short term, but also pose a risk to the entire area and put the union and world economy at risk.

Looks like the world bank is expecting UK to stay in EU looking at the stable projections from 2016-18.

Saudi Arabia is expected to go from 3,5% to 1,9% in a year, which I don't really think surprises anyone, keeping the drop in oil prices. Ofcourse one of the main factors for the drop, Iran, who has started exporting massive amounts of the black gold is expected to have an increase from 1,9% to 4,4%. Good for you Iran, hopefully the good social-economic future will lead you back to the more western-friendly and secular Iran we used to love.

Brazil will eventually go down to a massive -4.0%, i'm calling a right wing takeover next election already here and now. Too bad we can't see Venezuelas numbers, the country is in fucking turmoil afer all.

The lift on sanctions points to an increase in Russias GDP from -3,7% in 2015 to -1,2% in '16 before steadily climbing to 1,8% by 2018, well we'll have to see how the Syria situation evolves before we can take the 2018-numbers as gospel, plus another chinese finacial crisis, which definetly is coming within the next 15 years would be devestating for everyone but especially Russia.

Most of the other numbers are boring IMO, though I haven't but skimmed the report at tables from the report.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.