[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Increase In Arrests For "Offensive" Social Media Posts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
http://archive.is/bMBJ5

The number of people arrested in London for so-called “online crimes of speech”, mainly made on social media, has shot up in the past few years.

Six hundred and twenty-five arrests were made for online speech crimes in 2010, rising to 857 in 2015 — a 37 per cent increase in just five years. The shocking data was released in a freedom of information request made to the Metropolitan Police, reported by The Register.

Offenders were targeted with Section 127 of the Communications Act of 2003, which covers offensive and threatening messages sent over a “public” electronic communications network – a law which has increasingly been used to arrest and prosecute for tweets and Facebook posts since 2010.

The law criminalises “using [a] public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,” and can result in a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.
>>
>>48498
It was their own fault for committing thought crime.

Big Brother is love, Big Brother is life.
>>
>>48498
And yet if you are brown and female you can freely call for genocide based on race and gender and the judge will dismiss it.
>>
>>48498
And how come antisemitic fucking mudslimes are never arrested for instigating genocide,intolerance,hate speech and physical violence against jewish and christian people?

Those inbred cockroaches are spreading their filth openly in the streets,at the shops,in media,everywhere.

I've never seen a copper hit one for talking shit.
>>
>>48498
Please trump, please protect america from political correctness
>>
>>48510
Big brother is great!
The real question is why are British people so retarded that they thought 1984 was an instruction manual?
>>
>>48516
>>48526
Because whites are second class citizens in the UK.
>>
>>48526
Watch your tone!

I might get offended and the law is on my side.
>>
>>48526
because none of them speak like you are right now.
>>
>>48634
You're a cuck. Mudslimes spout antisemitic bs all the time, but they're never arrested because "it's their culture". If they were, the coppers would be declared racists by the msm. PC is cancer.
>>
>>48498
Pretty sure the holohoax never happened.
>>
>>48699
Pretty sure jews did 9/11
>>
>>48966
Now that one is actually true, in the sense that lucky Larry happens to be jewish.
>>
>>48510
oniichan daisuki!
>>
>>48498
It's shit I can post my "hate speech" here so it's not all bad I guess.
>>
>>49061
Shill detected
>>
>>48966
That's because they did.
>>
>>49061
Yeah but justifying it because they haven't come for you, yet, is not the best attitude.

The EU needs to be fought by everyone together.
>>
That is literally thought policing. How is that like seen okay by anyone like literallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bizarro fucking reality.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.