[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obama says he's made America great already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 0
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-01/countering-trump-obama-says-he-already-made-america-great-again

Trumplets BTFO
>>
Obama didnt do anything different than the last three presidents before him, and Hilary will continue that trend.
Fuck the establishment. We havent had a president with his own ideas since Jimmy fucking Carter
>>
Complete fucking bullshit. Clinton 2.0, except he fucked up more. Hate to say it, he's one of the worst Democrats EVER.
>>
>>47952
He undid the last 30 years of positive growth in rwace relations and made it possible for a man like Trump to make a run at the Whitehouse

Great job, Bush 3.0
>>
>>47967
Whole heartedly agree. Too bad he didn't get a second term we would've seen some payoff. But people were like "muh gas!"
>>
>>47952
you didn't build that!
>>
interesting. i would have figured him firmly in the "america was never great" rather than the maga category
>>
>>47989
>He undid the last 30 years of positive growth in rwace relations
According to who?
>>
>>47952
Any President who continues the trickle-down economics or tax cuts in a time of fighting wars on multiple fronts while enacting massive health care schemes is not a good president, and the last 5 presidents have done exactly that.
>>
>>47998
Statistics
>>
>>47996
Then you need to stop blue pilling and listen to what he actually says.
>>
>>47952
for who?

the rich
>>
>>47952
Good lord he is egotistical.
>>
ITT people who don't remember the Bush administration.
>>
>>48022
You mean Obama lite?
>>
>>48023
No I mean trickle down Reaganomics during a time of major military deployments and national security threats.
>>
>>48023
Let me tell you about the Bush administration, little one. The Bush administration was so bad, so universally hated, that his own party disowned him. They had to, if they wanted to win a presidential election sometime in the 21st century. He didn't give any speeches endorsing McCain or Romney, and he never will. Clinton might be hated by the people across the aisle from him, but Bush is hated by everyone who remembers him.

Bush stole his first election. Bush turned a record surplus into a record deficit. He presided over the worst terrorist attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor, and then got us involved in two lengthy, costly wars with only the flimsiest justification. He destabilized the Middle East, causing every radical organizations to try and grab territory that had recently been vacated. His administration instituted the use of torture, which poisoned America's name overseas and crippled our ability to gain vital info - torture doesn't work, whereas the previous methods did. His administration was plagued by scandal, and I don't mean there were a few things that the Democrats never shut up about, which is what that phrase usually means, I mean there was a new one every month and a number of people went to jail. Bush completely mishandled Katrina and a few other disasters. He caused the Great Recession. His vice president shot someone in the face. He alienated America's allies, like France and Britain.

Bush was so bad he handed Obama his first election for free. A major issue during that election was, did X candidate vote for Bush's politics, and would he continue them? The Bush administration was so bad that when a later administration says that some of the country's and the world's problems are the result of Bush's mistakes, years after, they're probably right. You can't compare him to the Democratic presidencies before and after, and you couldn't really compare him to Reagan or his father. He was a breed of awful all his own.
>>
>>48016
>listen to what he actually says.

thats where i got the idea in the first place
>>
>ITT people blaming "trickle-down" economics.

>>48035
Started off so accurate, and then you began to reach a bit.

>He caused the Great Recession & anything economical you said.
>Completely mishandled Katrina
>Vice president shot someone in the face.

I think Cheney played more of a role in the Administration's failure than just shooting a guy in the face.

I will never outright defend an administration that is frankly indefensible, but although things like Katrina happened under bush, Bureaucracy had a much larger role in the failure. People remember two things specifically, him looking from above looking at the damage presumably to make him look more sympathetic but backfired horribly and the media had a field day. They also remember that "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Even though many people laughed at that, it was believable to most casual observers not involved in politics.

>Trickle down economics
>Bush directly caused economic turmoil.

We could go on for threads about this, but treating Bush's fiscal policy as an outlier from his predecessors or successors isn't exactly correct. Congress, banks, the fed, all had a role and all of that has been hashed out endlessly.

All that said, if Obama's administration had the scrutiny like Bush had, you wouldn't look at the guy you responded to like that. Obama is Bush lite, he continued a lot of his terrible policies and has disastrous policies of his own now. The Iran deal is borderline treasonous and I've never met anyone that can coherently defend that "deal".
>>
>>48097
>You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.
--Dick Cheney, 2004

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney
>>
>>48035
ah, the good old days. when men were still men and the world was run by dick, bush, and colin
>>
As hypocritical as Obama was, nothing compares to the ultimate shitshow that was the Bush "administration".
>>
>>48104
true but I've been a working, living on my own adult for the full terms of the last 3 presidents and the obama administration has by far had the most effect on my day to day life. clinton years were smooth and bush was a highlight reel of retardation but at least his bullshit stayed out of my life. socially this country is pretty shaky right now as a direct result of obama.
>>
>>48099

Fucking entitlement generation.
>>
>>48106

>bush was a highlight reel of retardation but at least his bullshit stayed out of my life

that may be the case with your life but it wasn't for most Americans; the economy reached its lowest point during the Bush administration compared to Clinton or Obama
>>
>>48106
>socially this country is pretty shaky right now as a direct result of obama.

I love Obama, but that actually might not be too far from the truth. With his landslide election the dems took the house and senate in a supermajority, and the GOP response was to institute a policy lockstep obstructionism with 100% backing by Fox News. Obama didn't help the extremely partisan situation by pushing through Obamacare, but he indisputably helped the country (we desperately needed health care reform of some sort and Congress had been stalling for over 20 years, and even Romney's platform was to not abolish it, just the tax penalty).

No scandals or anything to harp on, some more liberal agenda stuff, but Obama stayed away from pushing executive authority before the midterms. But then losing the House and the supermajority fucked things up, because the lockstep GOP policy didn't change, and it ended up de facto requiring all legislation to have 60 Senate votes, which meant nothing got done. Shit was unprecedented... until they took the Debt Ceiling hostage -- that's when it became catastrophic, and suddenly it wasn't just your usual Washington politics cranked up to high volume -- shit was fucking real, scorched-earth tactics.

Etc. etc. we don't need to review the whole history over the second term, or Fox's tacit conspiracy theory endorsements or anything like that -- let's keep it simple: is the social-political shitstorm that's brewed more the fault of Obama's policies or the GOP/Fox's reactionary strategies?
>>
>>48104
>what was more debt than all history of US combined, in 8 years
Answer: Barry Soetoro
>>
>>48114
...do you realize how federal budgets work?
>>
>>48114
It's like you think Obama magically waved his debt wand upon coming into office in 2009.
>>
>>48114

how do economic illiterates like you even make it past 9th grade?

oh wait, that's right

underagedv&
>>
>>48107

I know the fucking boomers lived in a world where university was heavily subsidized by the gov and they could declare bankruptcy on atudent loans and now they are taking from social security while refusing to fund the universities.

Also they bought houses for nothing in the 80/90s and expect the younger generation to pay insane prices for homes in order to allow the boomers to enjoy the appreciation that they earned on their homes.
>>
>>48035
>Uses phrase 'little one'
>refers to Bush jr. Simply as 'Bush'
Nah I think youre the little one. Reagan was worse. Bush sr. Was worse. At least bush knew when to use his personality to win over Putin and when to shut the fuck up and let his advisors do the thinkng for him
>>
>>48128

Umm, you realize Putin took parts of Georgia (a country heavily influenced and aligned with US interests) during bush jr s term correct?

The response was basically the same as Obama's with Ukraine. Time to sanction Russia and hope this goes away and thank god it wasn't a NATO country.
>>
>>48109
>is the social-political shitstorm that's brewed more the fault of Obama's policies or the GOP/Fox's reactionary strategies?

I'm no policy expert, which is why i can only speak to how i have been personally effected, BUT... it seems to me that one of the responsibilities of being a politician is to be an effective politician. the excuse that the gop isn't playing nice with the democrats doesn't cut it for me. its definitely a failing of both sides and i don't see it getting any better when obama leaves. they need to get over themselves and serve the people.

the media in all its forms are obviously complicit for the fact that they have failed to fulfill the four essential roles that a free press serves:

>holding government leaders accountable to the people.
>publicizing issues that need attention.
>educating citizens so they can make informed decisions.
>connecting people with each other in civil society.

add to their list of failings the malicious glee with which they feed the divisions amongst the people and the growing pains of our brave new world and you have the current powder keg that is the us.

not a direct answer to your question exactly but i gave it a go
>>
L
O
L

He stepped on the gas on war, debt and racial war. ahah, what a delusional faggot
>>
>>48035
A couple of errors: Pearl Harbor wasn't US soil, and the attack on it wasn't a terrorist attack.
>>
>>48108
>the economy reached its lowest point during the Bush administration

to be fair it had nowhere to go but down. the growth of the clinton years couldn't continue forever. bubbles pop and life goes on…

of course the dailyshow would have you believe otherwise. good thing another one is in the works so people will finally be able to see whats really going on in the fantastical world of politics.
>>
>>48307
Because tax cuts always fix everything, right?
>>
>>47998
Pew research centre
>>
>>48325
Oh so some public opinion poll taken at a random time says Obama undid race relations.

Good to know because public opinion polls also say Area 51 is full off aliens and that speeding tickets should be abolished.
>>
>>48320
tax cuts are usually a stopgap measure, meaning there was already a problem before they were introduced. but if you need something to blame in a pinch i guess they would work for some people, right?
>>
>>48320
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-signs-bill-to-extend-bush-tax-cuts/

obama continued the bush tax cuts to extend them through his first term. you must have missed that episode of the dailyshow
>>
>>47998
People have this fairy tale that racism was as good as eradicated in America until Obama's mere existence brought it back in full force, as if the moment he was inaugurated thousands of KKK chapters spontaneously materialized and black militias gunned down 40% of the white population.
>>
>>48325

Can you link to this poll? I have my doubts but if you linked us we could see if what your saying is supported by evidence.
>>
>>47998
Obama's sons
>>
>>48373
im not the guy you quoted , and i get you're trying to catch him in some gotcha moment, but seriously i just googled "pew research race relations since obama" and there are multiple hits pertaining to your question - (i can't stress this next part enough) - FOR YOU TO EXAMINE FOR YOURSELF AND COME TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSION

ill even give you my determination for free: be careful what media you choose to consume.

>obama makes an ambiguous racial statement

media source #1 spins it in a positive manner.

media source #2 spins it in a negative manner.

both aren't wrong but they aren't right either. can you guess who gets more page views?
>>
>>48389
this is a good post
>>
>>48389

Umm, yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Anon should have supported his argument with evidence and not sent everyone on a wild goose chase to find whatever the hell he is talking about. Moreover, raw poll data from pew =/= media source spinning it.

Is this the poll he is talking about or is it one of the many other polls done on race at PEW? It was done in 2014, is there a more recent one that mentions Obama/race relations?

http://c2.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/8-25-14-Police-and-Race-Release.pdf
>>
>>48408
>raw poll data from pew =/= media source spinning it.

polls are spun all the time. I've seen the same poll sited by both sides of the same argument claiming the data supports their side and condemns the other. surely you've seen that happen on 4chan with info graphics. of course if the data of a particular poll doesn't support your position you can always engineer your own poll that will. its not that difficult to lead people where you want them to go. the amount of dirty polling tricks are almost as innumerable as the different ways to misrepresent the findings of the polling. not to mention the fact that even the most unbiased polls still are still taken from a pool of people that:

>have a land line
>are home during business hours
>answer unknown calls
>dont hang up once they find out its a survey
>actually want to participate

they have started polling cell users in recent years so that a plus but i can't help but wonder, out of all people polled at home during business hours how many are just sitting around in their underwear?

and web site polls are notorious for their violation of random selection. so much so that they aren't considered legitimate in most polling circles. of corse any poll, not just web polls, can be picked apart on any number of issues by someone who refuses to by into the premiss the poll promotes. any given poll is only as good as your faith in the poll - can you say confirmation bias? there are some good lectures on youtube by mathematicians on the subject of polling. i suggest you check one out. its not the perfect science you seem to think it is. more of an art really.

also,

>PEW

do you write your own last name in all capitols or are you under the impression that its an acronym?
>>
>>48499
all is subject to perception, nothing is immune to spin. if you can't misrepresent it you can always discredit it.
>>
>>48499
"If you torture polling data enough, it will tell anything you want to hear"
>>
>>48329
He only extended them for those who made less than 200k a year. you must have missed the drudgereport headline.
>>
>>48520
i dont recall >>48320 mentioning anything about tax cuts only being good if the people receiving them make under 200k, which was only in effect from 2010-2012. obama still continued the bush tax cuts as intended by bush before that. but all this is in the article i linked so I'm just repeating myself here basically.
>>
>>48524
>obama still continued the bush tax cuts as intended by bush before that

Wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_tax_cuts#Fiscal_cliff
>>
>>48541
ya you might wanna check politifact before you try and get all hung-ho on me. its a little easier to read than your wiki article which you obviously didn't read because your wiki article that you cited as proof confirms everything i said in my last post.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/38/repeal-the-bush-tax-cuts-for-higher-incomes/

as for the fiscal cliff, that takes place on dec.31 2012. i never said anything about obamas tax plan in 2013 and beyond so i don't really get how that proves me wrong here.
>>
>>48408
>Umm, yeah
please don't do this, miss
>>
okie dokie
>>
Obama is the sanest president for years, didnt organise 9/11 as a false flag opperation with the jews,inherited a ton of shit from bush and ended up with a bunch of racist pricks in congress fucking up his good ideas.Americans have far to much stupid floating about, they vote against their own best interest because they dont like a black man in the white house.
>>
>>48551
I'm nothing to do with your argument, but political facts is utter bullshit and has been proven to be full of lies countless times.
>>
>>51657
>Obama the sanest president for years
With you so far
>Didn't do 9/11 as a false flag with der juden
Neither did Bush you retard. Say what you want about his presidency but he was great in 9/11s aftermath
>>
>>51657
he did attack Libia
gave terrorists in syria weapons
gave cartel weapons in operation fast and furious
didn`t indict bush because of the false attack on Iraq
He sucks honestly also Benghazi
you better be trolling
>>
>>47967
Thanks to Obama, we can legally carry firearms into national parks. That's something the three previous presidents would never think of doing.
>>
>>51741
>Say what you want about his presidency but he was great in 9/11s aftermath
You mean when he caught and killed the mastermind behind it?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.