[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Climate Deal Signing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: m02s028.png (715 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
m02s028.png
715 KB, 1280x738
United States Secretary of state and Prime minister of Canada Speak at Climate Deal Signing
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V6Wyfe31PI]
>>
>>47974
Shut up - he invented the Internet!
>>
>>51085

umm, misquote much? you would make us all look better if you knew what you were talking about.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0603/Political-misquotes-The-10-most-famous-things-never-actually-said/I-invented-the-Internet.-Al-Gore

"But it's clear from looking at Gore's whole statement that he never claimed to have invented the Internet, in the sense of writing code or laying fiber-optic cables. He meant only to take credit for the contributions that he made as a member of Congress, contributions that have been lauded by people like Robert Kahn and Vint Cerf, who wrote the code that serves as the foundation for the Internet."
His comment was sloppy and self serving, but he never says, "I invented the internet," he just tries to take credit for funding those who did.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

>>47974
As someone living in a rural region, I'm not sure why the environment became something hated. This wasn't as big of a bipartisan issue during the Cold War why is it an issue now? I don't want my well fucked up with pollution. I live out in the middle of no where so I can enjoy the country, go camping, and hunt. Why wouldn't I want the environment to be protected?
>>
>>51104
get aload of this asshole
>>
>>51104
>As someone living in a rural region, I'm not sure why the environment became something hated. This wasn't as big of a bipartisan issue during the Cold War why is it an issue now? I don't want my well fucked up with pollution. I live out in the middle of no where so I can enjoy the country, go camping, and hunt. Why wouldn't I want the environment to be protected?

Because anything that stands in the way of economic growth is the worst thing ever even if it's obviously beneficial to everyone if you look at time-scales longer than a few years.
>>
>>51132
then we better get neck-deep in Uranus to gets all those economic reasources moving, huh?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.