[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The European Commission Wants You To Log Into Social Media Accounts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
The European Commission plans to attack citizens’ right to online privacy, insisting that state-issued ID cards should be used to log into platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and even Uber.

The Vice President for the Digital Single Market on the European Commission, former Communist Andrus Ansip, is behind the next European Union (EU) raid on personal freedoms, promoting the idea of using national ID cards to log in to online services.

Leaked documents from within the European Commission revealed a call for the roll out of a more extensive use of national ID cards across the EU. The documents have since been uploaded to the Commission’s own website.

This draft document entitled ‘Online Platforms and the Digital Single Market’ is dated 25 May this year, and urges the log in policy on the basis that fake user reviews are misleading European consumers. The document states: “Online ratings and reviews of goods and services are helpful and empowering to consumers, but they need to be trustworthy and free from any bias or manipulation. A prominent example is fake reviews, where loss of trust can undermine the business model of the platform itself, but also lead to a wider loss of trust, as expressed in many responses to the public consultation

http://archive.is/gN5QD
>>
God what faggots. How can you even justify having a social media account literally tethered to an EU ID card. That just doesn't sit right. Next they'll want to inject an RFID into you that does the same thing.

Also
>fake online reviews gives me the moral justification to force everyone in the EU to have an ID card to log into social media accounts.

I haven't been paying attention, how reputable is breitbart?
>>
>>47806
It's one of the few reputable sources left after all mainstream sources became clickbait merchants.
>>
>>47799
A fucking shithole. I hope this place crashes with no survivors. The bigger, the better.
>>
>>47812
>kikebart
>reputable
TOP FUCKING KEK MY SIDES ARE ORBITING URANUS RIGHT NOW
>>
>>47806
It probably didn't even really happen if it's a breitbart story.
>>
>>47827
And back to tumblr you go.
>>
>>47806
Breitbart is pretty much dailymail. They have some good articles but too much fingerpointing and bias.
>>
>>47839
Yeah sure kid, I'm from tumblr for knowing that Andrew Breitbart invented the modern concept of clickbait journalism along with Matt Drudge and Arianna Huffington. You should lurk moar here before you go off defending trash journalism again.

>>47828
No no, it *might* happen, but Breitbart is portraying it here as though it already was voted on and the policy implemented to get people outraged enough to click the story and find out the details (and thus earn them more adsense shekels).
>>
>>47799
If the EU seriously goes with this idea, they're just plain retarded. I would expect the exit movements to triple in support.
>>
[THIS POST IS UNAVAILABLE IN EU MEMBER STATES DUE TO THE HATEFUL AND/OR VIOLENT NATURE OF ITS CONTENT. ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO ACCESS CENSORED CONTENT WILL RESULT IN PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW UNDER CONSPIRACY AND ACCESSORY GUIDELINES FOUND IN EU RESOLUTION #3657.]
>>
>>47859
Fuck off EU shill.
>>
>>47827
>>>/b/

>>47828
You know they link sources right there in the fucking article, right?

>>47855
Show me a news outlet without bias. Protip: you can't

>>47859
>Breitbart is portraying it here as though it already was voted on and the policy implemented
That's not what the article says at all, have you actually read it?
>>
>>47799
Sounds like something Australia would have already tried.
>>
Are EU shills sliding this thread?
>>
What the fuck is the EU doing
IDs for the internet?
Fucking christ, it's like the world's turning into a bad cyberpunk sci-fi flick.
>>
>>48525
Yes, we know that 4chan gets EU shills as they were outed on /int/ a few days ago and if you look at every story on this topic it is nothing but shitposting about the fact it is from Breitbart.
>>
Silly to use it for youtube, but a government public/private key would be really useful. Our current system of SSNs and phone call questions is kind of pathetic in
>>
>>47863
I was going to vote stay in but the recent development of EU on online privacy and censorship has put me on the fence.
>>
>>48615
God dammit EU, you're worse than soviet russia

>>48687
You should vote exit unless you're a cuck
>>
>>48687
I'm going to be completely civil with you here.

This is only the beginning. It hasn't been enacted yet, but this is the first step into literal thought crimes.

Britain is already a shell of what it once was, entering the WU only made it worse by silencing it's voice. When the EU says jump, Britain doesn't even ask "How high", she just jumps as high as she can and hope it's good enough.

But this ID card thing is the tipping point, just the fact that they would even suggest such a thing hints at far worse things to come. There has to be a limit for you somewhere.
>>
>>48695
Your civility is appreciated. I also agree with you wholeheartedly.
>>
Stop bumping the clickbait trash, idiots. There are already 3 other versions of this stupid breitbart outrage bait thread in the catalog.
>>47651
>>47795
>>47061
>>
>>47799
lol this shit has nothing to do with fake online reviews, otherwise they would just require ID cards to leave reviews.
This shit is so they can keep cracking down on free speech on the internet. It would make it impossible to circumvent "hate speech" laws online. Even for speech that doesn't violate hate speech yet (like having a rational discussion of gender issues), a lot of people wouldn't feel as free to go against the cult of feminism without anonymity.

This is SJWs trying to control the internet. Anita literally went in front of the UN recently to ask countries to start censoring the internet because it's wrong to let people disagree with feminism.
>>
>>48711
wtf one of your links is theverge, it's basically Gawker's little sister and the opposite of Breitbart.
>>
>>47799
>The European Commission plans to attack citizens’ right to online privacy, insisting that state-issued ID cards should be used to log into platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and even Uber.

Privacy? facebook and google already have way more info about their users (provided by the users themselves) than what you could get from any ID card.
>>

LOL seeing a lot of uninformed paranoid delusional responses to this proposal in the forums.

Stop overreacting to clickbait, guys. It's not difficult.

If any of you actually read the publication, you'd see that it's completely harmless.

LOL People joke about bureaucracy all the time (haha guys don't deny it, w^Hyou know who you are) but where would we be without it?

Think about it like this: a government issued ID card could be really useful if one wanted to say something.

I mean, I find myself wanting to say things all of the time!

Just the other day I had something I wanted to say.

This could be really useful.

But it's not just about me.

Think of how many unfortunate brave women, minorities and refugees would love to have a voice, too, and it's about time we give them one.

As an ignorant Murrican (ROFL I love our jokes here that we guys use) you're really fortunate that there's a government thinking of your needs, beautiful Eurocitizens.

If only my own backward government would laud your progressive initiative in this pressing social issue and follow suit--I'm envious!

In fact, I'm writing my congressmen to give me a voice too!

We're tired of being silent!

Give us IDs!

WE DESERVE A VOICE!

No more oppression!

Kill white people!

#GiveUsAVoice #GenerationID #DeserveAVoice #KillWhitePeople
>>
>>48721
8/10
Needs more @@@@
>>
>>48721
is this b8 or serious?
>>
>>48724
Is this b8 or serious?
>>
>>48715
Gawker = Breitbart for liberals
>>
>>48724
It's obviously bait, but the EU shills are sliding these threads by shitposting that it is from Breitbart.
>>
>>48774
Not even bait. Shit drunken satire.
>>
>>48711
GTFO shill, none of those threads cover the same story.

>>48714
>Anita literally went in front of the UN recently to ask countries to start censoring the internet because it's wrong to let people disagree with feminism.
Wait what? Is this for real? This would significantly rustle my jimmies.

>>48716
You're missing the point. They want to hold you accountable for what you write on social media. If it's anything they disapprove of, they'll be able to find your home address linked to your ID and fuck you up. You can mask your IP, but you can't mask your ID.
>>
>>47799
more quietly disastrous things have been veto'd by the EU. I doubt this is even important enough to bother voting in
>>
>>48803
>nothing to see, move along
Shill detected
>>
>>48804
that's the textbook "i disagree with this" excuse for a reply nowadays? You should really stop trying to make me feel like an oldfag
>>
>>48802
>Is this for real?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/
Zoe Quinn was there too.

>UN Women, the group behind last year’s risible “He for She” campaign, called on governments to use their “licensing prerogative” to ensure that “telecoms and search engines” are only “allowed to connect with the public” if they “supervise content and its dissemination.”

>According to feminist culture critic Anita Sarkeesian, who spoke at the event, online “harassment” doesn’t simply consist of what is “legal and illegal,” but “also the day-to-day grind of ‘you’re a liar’ and ‘you suck,’ including all of these hate videos that attack us on a regular basis.”
>>
>>48875
>>48802

this just in breitbart screaming about something in a misleading way. Can we use real sources?

Where in the original press release does it say anything about censoring? Censoring would be a huge issue, but I do not see this anywhere in the original. It mentions something about "safe guards," but this is no different than what we see with cyber bullying in general. Not surprisingly, Breitbart twists and turns until we have something more sensational than it really is.

http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2015/9/cyber-violence-report-press-release

Also, this Time piece is much better written. It points out Emma Watson starts off her speech by saying, "we need to focus on men and women," however, the author points out Emma's cause needs to do more to back up her words.

http://time.com/3432838/emma-watson-feminism-men-women/
>>
>>48896
>urges governments and industry to work harder and more effectively together to better protect the growing number of women and girls who are victims of online threats and harassment.
So what exactly do you think governments are expected to do? UN Women thinks it's a horrible tragedy that sometimes women are called "liars" on the internet and wants governments to take action to reduce this. Can you tell me what action they could take that WOULDN'T involve either outright censorship, or punishing people who """""harass""""" women?

>Emma Watson said some bullshit to trick men into supporting feminism
Yes, and? How is that relevant? The campaign is fucking called "HE for SHE" and the purpose is literally "bringing together one half of humanity in support of the other half of humanity." How retarded can you possibly be to think that a campaign with the sole purpose of telling men to do more to support women is in any way shape or form about gender equality? If it were about promoting gender equality, instead of promoting feminism, it would be called "UsForUs" and both genders would be supporting each other.
Emma Watson said we need to focus on men and women, meaning we need to focus on how men can help women. That's it.
>>
>>48896
>"""cyber bullying""" """safe guards"""
>not censorship
>>
>>48802
>You're missing the point. They want to hold you accountable for what you write on social media. If it's anything they disapprove of, they'll be able to find your home address linked to your ID and fuck you up. You can mask your IP, but you can't mask your ID.
What do you need a masked ip for, if you are going to write bullshit on your facebook account?
I'm absolutely against this "law", I'm not defending it. I just mean that the average social media account hold all the info you needed to get someone. Doesn't they already arrest a lot of people in UK for racist post on facebook? There are also a lot of news about criminals identified thanks to a cross search of facebook.
So having to use your ID to log on social media does really make a difference?
>>
>>48925
If you're using a fake name on Facebook, Twitter, etc. then the social media account only has your fake information.
>>
>>48896
This person is an EU shill.
>>
>>48896
Emma Watson is a sexist pig, ditto her vile hate campaign.
>>
>>48925
Only white men get arrested for that in the UK.

Brown women are free to call for genocide based on ethnicity and gender and the judge will throw the case out.
>>
>>48925
God dammit, I'll bite. Shit.

>What do you need a masked ip for, if you are going to write bullshit on your facebook account?
Not bullshit, truth. They are going after the truth. Stuff that may be harmful to the state. You can't tell beforehand exactly how harmful it is until the cops are at your door. Fuck me.

>I'm not defending it
You just did. Fuck me.

>I just mean that the average social media account hold all the info you needed to get someone.
In the best case, the process of obtaining an address to swat is just a bit easier. But it's not just Facebook they're targeting. Twitter and YouTube names often aren't real names. You can at present have a fake name on FB as well. Fuck me.

>Doesn't they already arrest a lot of people in UK for racist post on facebook?
Do two wrongs make a right? Is the UK all of Europe? Is Facebook all social media? If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you're a massive shithead. Fuck me.

>There are also a lot of news about criminals identified thanks to a cross search of facebook.
Now you get to be the criminal too, for daring to think something that the state doesn't want you to think. Real criminals will either not use social media, or have positions of great power. Fuck me.

>So having to use your ID to log on social media does really make a difference?
Yes, because it only hurts law abiding citizens. Fuck me.
>>
>>48936
That's not how cookies work at all.
>>
>>48962
>You just did. Fuck me.
I'm not, I'm saying it probably doesn't make a difference and that social networks are already a big privacy issue.
The one about UK was just an example to show they don't need an "id based" login to find you.

also
>HURR I DON'T THINK LIKE HIM SO HE MUST BE BAIT [now with extra "fuck me" inside]
>>
>>47898
Reuters its pretty unbiased.
>>
>>49055
I'm saying it does make a difference you fucking shill
>>
>>47799
>former Communist
>he thinks communism is its post-revolutionary sublation as stalinism in the role of capitalist industrialization in the 20th century
>>
>>48615
>they were outed on /int/
Really? Source?
>>
>>48615
I think Breitbart is shitty clickbait and I think the UK should vote to leave.

Fite me
>>
>>49132
then why don't you answer like a normal person instead of calling other posts bait or shills?
>>
>>47799
put eu down now
>>
>>49172
Jesus fucking christ, kill yourself already
>>
>>49168
Someone used to archive on their posts and filenames and they have been spamming the same script constantly.
>>
>>49175
The Brexit is probably going to result in killing that beast and good riddance to it.
>>
>>48787
I liked it. 8.5/10. I was believing it in the first few words, but I just felt an agenda.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.