[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Microsoft agree to EU hate speech rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: tech-companies_3543567b[1].jpg (30 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
tech-companies_3543567b[1].jpg
30 KB, 620x387
New "code of conduct" aims to combat illegal hate speech and terrorist propaganda

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/31/11817540/facebook-twitter-google-microsoft-hate-speech-europe
>>
Huge
>>
>>47061

And I am sure that the worst offenders of this will be the people who point out that certain group of people tend to show a tendency for blowing themselves up.
>>
>>47072
This.

We all know that the only hate speech they will silence is that of the right; we all know that the feminist will take control along with the other assortments of SJWS. It will be the regular white silenced.
>>
>>47072
>>47074
butthurt
>>
>>47077
Wait till they ban this site and we'll see whose butthurt
>>
>>47079
If they do that we will finally be free!
>>
>>47074
If they elevate uo the radical, zealous left, it's gonna come back to bite them in the ass. Even a NORP would notice some dumb SJW hollering xir's perfect new world order agenda in their facebook news.
>>
pfff who cares eu? eu already lost lets move on
without migrants eu fucked by its own stupid teens+feminizm+lgbt. with migrants we already see how it is.
>>
I'm opposed to censorship in general, and think this might just end up causing further extremism and dismay from the censorees. See above posts, for instance.

While there has been an unhealthy development of hate speech, especially following the emergence of the refugee crisis, I doubt this is the way to combat it.
>>
>>47115
They think there is no problem if they just silence the people who talk about it. They're going to see that hatred will have to be expressed through acts rather than words.

I's plainly stupid. Once again they think through punishment rather than prevention.

Rip internet and freedom of speech
>>
>>47115
Anyone who uses the term "hate speech" is a piece of shit, ditto anyone who defends the rapefugee swarm.
>>
I'm pretty sure the European was fucked for financial reasons, not social ones. When exactly did Greece start hoovering aid money up?
>>
>>47143
When it signed up to the Euro is when it all really started, it turns out linking two entirely different economies together and the weaker one isn't able to depress the value of their currency to ease their financial issues, was a bad idea.
>>
Europe is approaching all out war because of this shit in the long term. In the short term, all EU posters are going to disappear from this site.
>>
>>47079

We'll have so much free time
>>
How the fuck is twitter still around? Didn't they have 0% growth last year? That makes them essentially dead in the business world.
>>
Sjw and femenazi will be block in the same than all haters. Only logic and peaceful warrior will rest. Like true feminist. Curious to saw this better version of our world.
>>
>>47155
good riddance
>>
>>47218
Feminazis and other SJW fascists will always be exempt from censorship.
>>
>>47061
Evalion did this.
>>
>>47072
you mean white people? Because that's the actual tendency.
>>
http://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/05/europe-hate-speech-social-media/484913/

http://louderwithcrowder.com/facebook-youtube-twitter-agree-to-censor-europe/#.V06CkJ6VvGI

Hashtag #istandwithhatespeech is trending on twitter

A lot of good points on here.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/istandwithhatespeech
>>
>>47061
wrong direction >>47072

thought crime imminent
>>
>>47072
flagged for hate speech against the law itself :^)
>>
Hmmm, seem to recall this happening before
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Scare

Also
>thinking you can "censor" the internet
>>
>>47061
go back to facebook and twitter, faggots

if you use the services of those companies you deserve what you get
>>
>>47836
>Google
>Windows, by Microsoft
I mean, nobody gives a fuck about Google Plus or whatever social bullshit Microsoft made, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if Microsoft decided to shut you down through one of the various backdoors installed in Windows if they wanted to.
>>
[THIS POST IS UNAVAILABLE IN EU MEMBER STATES DUE TO THE HATEFUL AND/OR VIOLENT NATURE OF ITS CONTENT. ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO ACCESS CENSORED CONTENT WILL RESULT IN PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW UNDER CONSPIRACY AND ACCESSORY GUIDELINES FOUND IN EU RESOLUTION #3948.]
>>
>>47837
Google Plus doesn't exist and nobody is forcing you to use Windows or Skype.
>>
>>47875
>Nobody is forcing you to use microsoft windows.

Do you actually expect people to buy this argument ? That it's alright because they can just use some obscure hipster shit that can't run anything instead of a major OS ?
>>
>>48252
Wake up and smell the universal Windows10 hate, MSdrone, It isn't 1999 anymore and even Steam runs on most popular Linux flavors.
>>
>>48253
Yeah, but my proprietary CAD shit doesn't.
>>
>>48265
Of course it does. That's what emulation is for. Companies like VMWare are where they are today because they started by making windows virtualizations that were better than WINE in X. They are very good at fooling your proprietary Adobe-based trashware into thinking it's running in whatever Windows flavor you desire from MS-DOS 6.20 -Win10.
>>
>>48266
Gotta look into that then. Didn't realize there was finally something better than WINE out there.
>>
>>48266
>>48318
VMware isn't emulation. In order to run anything made for DOS 6.20 through Win10, you have to run a full blown instance of DOS 6.20 through Win10, albeit with virtual hardware. Nice that you can run a second operating system on top of your operating system, but it's nothing new and hardly unique to VMware. Qemu does the same basic thing in free software.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.