[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POOP THREATENS TO DAMAGE MARBLE AT INDIA'S TAJ MAHAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1457705609517.jpg (20 KB, 429x288) Image search: [Google]
1457705609517.jpg
20 KB, 429x288
Workers scrub the walls clean every day, but the regular scrubbing can damage the floral mosaics and shiny marble surface, said Bhuvan Vikram of the Archaeological Survey of India.

"A series of marble panels depicting plant motifs on the walls or reflective tiles used in this part of the monument are becoming disfigured," Vikram said.

Authorities are looking for a permanent solution to the problem created by the insects from the genus Goeldichironomus, a type of elongated fly that resembles a mosquito, that is proliferating in the polluted Yamuna River. The river has stagnated to the point that it no longer supports fish that once kept the insects in check, environmentalist Yogesh Sharma said.

In addition, heavy algal growth and deposits of phosphorus from ash dumped by a nearby cremation ground "are the primary source of food for this particular species of insect," said Girish Maheshwari, who heads the Department of Entomology at St. John's College in the northern city of Agra.

The highest elected official of the state of Uttar Pradesh, where the Taj Mahal is located, called the insect menace a matter of "serious concern."

The Taj Mahal, one of India's most cherished tourist attractions, brings millions of visitors to Agra every year. Archeologists are also struggling to protect the monument from air pollution, which turns the marble yellow and brown.

"Officials have been asked to investigate as why there is sudden increase in number of these insects and how to control their population," Uttar Pradesh state spokesman Navneet Sehgal said.

The Taj Mahal was built by Mogul Emperor Shah Jahan between 1632 and 1654 for his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal, and houses their graves and a mosque.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_INDIA_TAJ_MAHAL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-05-23-07-00-51
>>
>>45945
They should invest in a giant bug zapper.
>>
>>45945
I used to donate money to a charity that claimed to help feed hungry people in India and I stopped because people in India live and root and walk and bathe in shit, and they do it on purpose and they think it's perfectly fine and natural and healthy.

I thought they were just poor, I didn't realize they were subhuman.
>>
>>45948
not every human is the same?
das raysist
>>
>>45945
>The river has stagnated to the point that it no longer supports fish that once kept the insects in check, environmentalist Yogesh Sharma said.

>In addition, heavy algal growth and deposits of phosphorus from ash dumped by a nearby cremation ground "are the primary source of food for this particular species of insect," said Girish Maheshwari, who heads the Department of Entomology at St. John's College in the northern city of Agra.

India can barely support life, only vermin.
>>
>>45947
>They should invest in a giant bug zapper.

THEY SHOULD INVEST IN FUCKING TIOLETS
>>
>>45986
But what of the dreaded poo witch?
>>
>India is turning into the valley of defilement
>>
>tfw no cute indian giantesses who carelessly dump all over
>>
>>45958
What do you think this website is?
>>
>>45945
>The river has stagnated to the point that it no longer supports fish that once kept the insects in check, environmentalist Yogesh Sharma said.
>"Officials have been asked to investigate as why there is sudden increase in number of these insects and how to control their population," Uttar Pradesh state spokesman Navneet Sehgal said.

Hmmm...how about you unfuck the river so fish can live in it and control the insect population?
>>
>>45945
CARNT STUMP THE TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>46033
>>>/pol/
This thread has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>45948
the govt is building toilets for them in villages and they shit in open because it "feels good"

am Indian
>>
>>46032
meanwhile, the best and brightest of india, the people who should be working on these issues for india, come to america and steal our white collar jobs...
>>
>>46078
Do you even know how many toilets built. Worked promised is never done.
>>
>>46092
They aren't stealing the jobs. I doubt you qualified for any of them anyway. Besides, you should never shoo away educated immigrants. We aren't living in Tropico, after all.
>>
>>45997
Underrated post. When the first shit baby rises from the filth they may take the whole matter seriously.
>>
>>46030
>Not being able to identify obvious sarcasm
>>
>>46212
Stealing jobs is such a ruby way of saying, isnt it?
Its not like theyre shoving you out the door and taking your nametag.
That said, its pretty frustrating when I talk to my Euro coworkers and they say they all come here and get four or five jobs apiece. If 1000 Russians come to my city this summer (which is common here), and each takes five jobs, thats 5000 jobs fewer for the people who actually live here. That is a fucking problem.
>>
>>46212
of course you are stealing the white collar jobs... with the aid of the republican party and their corporate sponsorship you are being exploited because you will work for less and demand less benefits than americans just to establish your career... at the same time republicans will do everything they can to avoid putting money into education so that americans cannot hope to compete with your relatively cheap labor...
>>
>>46092
People want the cheapest labour possible, blame your government and American corporations for exploiting this fact.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.