[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYPD Officer Stripped Of Gun, Badge After Pulling Gun On Video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 0202122-34-1030x499.jpg (37 KB, 1030x499) Image search: [Google]
0202122-34-1030x499.jpg
37 KB, 1030x499
>An NYPD officer who was seen on video pointing his gun at a bystander who was filming a police encounter in Harem has been stripped of his gun and badge.

>The officer from the 32nd police precinct is now on modified duty after the video made its way across the Internet and back to police department officials, CBS2’s Magdalena Doris reported.

>It happened Thursday afternoon at a housing development at 480 Saint Nicholas Avenue.

>The video shows two officers struggling with a man on the floor when one of them orders bystanders to move back. The video shows the officer then pulling out his gun and shouting, “I’m not playing.”

>Ronnie Pinkerton Jr. witnessed the incident. He said the crowd believed the officer was using excessive force while making an arrest.

>“He has him in a headlock between his legs, so his head is between his legs and he’s kind of like squeezing, so as he’s doing that, he’s telling us to back up. But you’re overreacting, you’re using too much physical strength on him,” Pinkerton said. “So he pulled out his gun and says, ‘Back up! Back up! Back!'”

>According to police, the man being wrestled to the ground is 21-year-old Dayshawn Bettway, who was arrested for riding an illegal dirt bike.

>Police said that man, 19-year-old Jahnico Harvey, was arrested for menacing and disorderly conduct.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/21/harlem-nypd-officer-gun-video/
>>
They're taught to whip it out in those situations. They're also taught to not trust bystanders. That said, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy? Now the police nation is going to use him as a scapegoat, protesters are probably gonna harass him, and his job prospects are going to be underwhelming at best.

That is, if he understands what he did wrong. If he doesn't, then he can go fuck himself.
>>
>>45912
>Too much physical force
I didn't really read the story, but if the guy was dangerous, what other option do you have? Also, his crowd control method worked well, i don't see the issue here.
>>
>>45912
And this is how you end up with minimal policing amid rising crime.
>>
This gives a whole new meaning to late term abortion.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/21/us/taser-death-georgia-deputies/
>>
>>45912
hez a gud boi he dindunuffin dat cop wuz hurtin hiz neck dis why we need to git rid of dem cops
>>
>be cop
>have to arrest a young black man for committing a crime
>he resists, wrestle him to the ground
>perp's friends surround us, approachs partner from behind
>recognize the dangerous situation and react accordingly
And cop killing and assault has decreased because of this tactic. It is when cops do not react how they should that they end up beaten or dead.
>>
>>45912
Was that BOGO HARLEM!
>aaaalalalaalalalaalahahahahackbar!
>>
>>45956
I didnt read your edgy post faggotry either.
>lern2rede muthafofo…
>>
>>45959
YOU'RE FUCKT.
>but then those dubs...
captcha: 500
>>
>>45912
>Dayshawn Bettway
>stolen bike
Sounds like a winner.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.