[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burger News
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1.bild.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.bild.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
http://www.dw.com/en/threats-over-erdogan-burger-force-cologne-eatery-to-close/a-19244452

Erdogan supporters shut down a German burger restaurant in response to one being named after the president featuring goat cheese becoming a phenomenal commercial success.

Jan Böhmermann's poem about the world leader copulating with the animal seems to be their beef.

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/08/how-paris-became-obsessed-with-the

>more than 1.19 billion burgers were consumed in the country [France] in 2015, and three quarters of restaurants in France now offer burgers on the menu.

Le burger being a thing is said to be inspired by French youth's fascination with all things US. Coffee Parisien features a burger called the "Obamac’Burger" that is said to be a favorite.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/09/burger-king-whopper-dog/

Burger King made a "Whopper-Dog"
>>
>>43677
The full link for the second story:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/08/how-paris-became-obsessed-with-the-hamburger.html
>>
>>43677
>The specialty had triggered a flood of critical comments on social media against the burger place
At some point, people need to stop listening to social media for feedback. Fucking hell, the most dissatisfied people are always the most vocal.

I'm convinced this is at least partly why you see businesses tailoring their content, games, tv shows, movies etc to this madness.

Social media analytics were a mistake.

>The restaurant was forced to close due to 'concrete' threats from Erdogan supporters, but it plans to re-open
>At the same time, he made it clear that he plans to continue to fight for the freedom of opinion in Turkey, saying he would not be "gagged by enemies of democracy, of the rule of law, and of civil rights."
At least there's that.
>>
>>43677
BURG'D
YOU FROGS WILL JOIN THE U.S.
JOIN US
>>
>>43702
It's not just the whiners though. The average person is lazy as fuck when it comes to giving a short opinion or recommendation. Social media wouldn't be such a shitshow if happy fans and the like gave their opinion on things. I almost think we as a society let the internet go to shit, because we didn't want to hurt somebody's feefees. Some people have terrible opinions, and they should be berated or ostracized for it.
>>
>>43762
>Social media wouldn't be such a shitshow if happy fans and the like gave their opinion on things.
Yeah this is what I'm saying. The people who actually comment the most seem to be the people who are perpetually dissatisfied. I think, however, the object lesson is that feedback like this should be met with a lot of skepticism by any business.

re internet going to shit, it has paradoxically made people more isolated instead of bringing them together. People can, and it seems often do, choose to only share ideas with their own insular communities and filter out anything that challenges them. Their group becomes an echo chamber, which leaves them ill-prepared when they go to university or anywhere else in the outside liberal world and are confronted by a spectrum of ideas, many of them contradicting their own.

I'm starting to believe that the spergy, shit-talking, foul-mouthed children who play competitive online games are perhaps the last hope for this latest generation of kids raised on the internet--their constant abusive rants and exposure to offense will leave them pretty thick skinned.

>Some people have terrible opinions, and they should be berated or ostracized for it.
I'm convinced everyone should be exposed to more mindless offense and vitriol in their formative years, regardless of their opinions; it's character building.
>>
>>43769
I need to pay more attention to what a write. This reads terribly.
>>
>>43769
>I'm convinced everyone should be exposed to more mindless offense and vitriol in their formative years, regardless of their opinions; it's character building.

Fellow Aussie?
>>
>>43772
Nah, just an old american.
>>
>>43775
Sadly that tradition is slowly being lost here too
>>
>>43771
Agreed, but you got your point across.
>>
>>43769
>I'm starting to believe that the spergy, shit-talking, foul-mouthed children who play competitive online games are perhaps the last hope for this latest generation of kids raised on the internet--their constant abusive rants and exposure to offense will leave them pretty thick skinned.
Man, maybe you're right.
I have to be a better uncle.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.