[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump's retarded idea to default on US debt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 0
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/us/politics/donald-trumps-idea-to-cut-national-debt-get-creditors-to-accept-less.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-default-national-debt_us_572d08e3e4b096e9f0917fac

>“I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal,” Trump told CNBC. If the U.S. borrowed too much and invested its fresh cash in unproductive products, Trump would tell creditors to accept less than what he’d initially agreed to.
>Another way to describe this plan: “I would default on the national debt.”
>>
>>43570
>huffingtonpost

Why

Did you know Hillary plans to let the entire country of Syria into the US?
I know because Breitbart told me so.
>>
>>43576
What are /news/ worthy sights then?
>>
>>43576
Bring 'em on!
>>
>>43610
Fox, obviously

HP too biased
>>
>>43622
>Fox News
>unbiased
Pick one
>>
>>43637
He was joking you faggot.

HP is too biased, however. They're clickbait.
>>
>>43610
The New York Times.
>>
>>43610
Speaking as a heavy news consumer,
1. Go with the source that broke the story or hs the exclusive (something like ICIJ with the Panama Papers.)
2. Support your local papers and journalists when you can.
3. If it's related to economics and you can manage the pay walls then go with the Economist or WSJ.
4. If its a big story and (even remotely) involves the US I use: NYTimes, The Daily Beast, LA Times, The Atlantic, VoA, or CBS/PBS/NPR.
5. If it has nothing to do with the US then I regular El Pais, France 24, Deutsche Welle, BBC
6. If you need to go next level: The New Yorker, Foreign Policy, Foreign Affairs
7. If it's breaking news (see 1 and 2 first) then Reuters, AP, or BBC.
8. If it's a edgy culture war story and you have to post it then do Vice
9. If it's RT, Press TV, YouTube, originating from a blog, originating from a state owned source from a state raited as "not free" by Freedom House, is an opinion, or is not current news then take it to /pol/.
10. If you're in doubt lurk more.
>>
>>43833
Huh.
Quite a lot of info.

Thanks anon. I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>43833
NYTimes pays Hillary Clinton, CBS is owned by one of the top 4 media outlets, PBS and NPR have been biased for the last 5 years at least; listen to how they set up interviews and what questions they ask. Vice is dope cuz you dont have to believe what they say; they have footage of it which is nice.

The last unbiased news outlet where they didnt comment on events, they just reported them: Al Jazeera America. For some reason they got cancelled, but they did amazing things like, for example, break the South Carolina Boeing story where the engineers were told to hammer together parts that didnt fit. Al Jazeera (world) still exists though and is better than BBC imho.
>>
>>43850
The sources I listed are not exhaustive. There are plenty of superior sources that specialize in art, science, tech, etc.

And, I would also recommend primary non-text sources like C-SPAN or Bookings, just give an idea of what it's about or quote it and say when it was said.
>>
>>43855
NYTimes is center left, but they're far better than Washington Post and do great work. CBS is mentioned because 60 Minutes is the best news program on television. NPR used to be less left leaning, you're right, but look at PBS as a whole: NBR, Charlie Rose, Frontline. They're fucking quality and have the highest level access.

My problem with Vice is the hosts. Most (especially Shane Smith) are narcissistic garbage cans doing vlogs and posing rather than engaging the issued.

For ME news I like al-monitor and reporting from the carnegie endowment. AJZ and al Arabia are bias. AJZ America did good work and would have done much better if it had matured, but the demand wasn't there.
>>
seemed to work out well enough for iceland
>>
>>43860
respect

I agree with most of what's stated here, and the other guy saying: CSPAN.

ya Vice trys hard to appeal to youth and it hurts their own credibility, I like where the cameras go only.

I'll try to find how AJZ is biased but maybe I don't watch it enough.

Side note: I don't watch everything I change the channel when news interviews people for the opinions. I look for reported events with little to no effects(extra sound, big writing, "ALERT" type news, etc.) or commenting on them.

I wanna know what happened and not really why it matters. That should be for people to figure out themselves.
>>
>>43861
Didn't Iceland also throw everybody involved on their side of the 2008 recession in jail?
>>
>>43833
Hiro pls sticky
>>
I'm guessing trumps print cash comment,is not what you think it is,I'm guessing he's referring to ,printing money void of the federal reserve private bank and there interest.
Which in 6 yrs will be one of Americas 3rd biggest social program!
Quit look through your statis quo blinders!
>>
>>43622
Shut up stupid.
>>
>>43873
>Didn't Iceland also throw everybody involved on their side of the 2008 recession in jail?
He can't say that.
Yet.

But based Trump knows who has to be punished for the 2008 crisis.
As does Bernman

If a citizen goes bankrupt,he is fucked.
If a bank goes bankrupt,they get a fucking paycheck and a "saving plan".

This corporatocracy has to be stopped and only 2 candidates intend to do so.
>>
>>43833
That's a pretty solid list.
For those that it's TL;DR for, I'd say the biggest takeaway from this list is to read the most reputable sources, and try to read other sources with different takes on the story for a less one-dimensional view on big stories.
(Sort of like how they piece together what was actually going on at a specific moment in time during a big event from a bunch of witnesses phone cameras in CSI, etc.)
>>
>>43888
And also seconding this. A few of the posts ITT summed it up pretty accurately/succinctly compared to an earlier, lengthier meta-/news/ thread.
>>
>>43833
Edgy hipster news sources: The Ultimate List.

You seriously believe the NYT, NPR, the LA Times, the NYer or Vice are sources for unbiased news of any kind?
>>
Only watch Fox News, folks.

Everything else is Mudslime nigger liberal cuckoldry pureed feces.
>>
>>43824
The New York Times tends to editorialize in their articles far too much.

It isn't very high brow, but honestly USA today is getting pretty good. The articles may not go in with as much depth as one might like but it seems to strive for objectivity more than the New York Times.

It isn't a daily newspaper anymore, but The Christian Science Monitor used to be really good as well.
>>
>>43833
>>43850

Sure is reddit in here
>>
Sorry I don't trust a goddamn thing Huffpost says.
>>
>>44832
>>>/pol/
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.