[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: facebookrechts_gr.jpg (36 KB, 840x390) Image search: [Google]
facebookrechts_gr.jpg
36 KB, 840x390
http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

>Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

>Several former Facebook “news curators,” as they were known internally, also told Gizmodo that they were instructed to artificially “inject” selected stories into the trending news module, even if they weren’t popular enough to warrant inclusion—or in some cases weren’t trending at all. The former curators, all of whom worked as contractors, also said they were directed not to include news about Facebook itself in the trending module.
>>
>>43548
>facebook is censoring their posts

how is this something new?
like somebody would care about fb posts
>>
>>43551
This is the news section, launched in 2014. Not just individual posts.
>>
>>43548
Zuckerberg "taking care" of things. Merkel asked him to do something similar in Germany.
>>
>facebook sticks this story at the top of their trending list as damage control
typical. Now theyre gonna pretend to be impartial
>>
>Private company choosing to publish what they like.

Conservatives should have no problem with this.
>>
>>43548
It is sad that people get news from facebook.
>>
Twitter was also called out for a simular issue. Twitter had a pretty decent response by saying they are a business and its their right to censor what ever they wish. Should Facebook be allowed to do this... Yes... Is it a tad bit messed up... Yes. As long as it's not the government doing it I see no problem.
>>
>>43548
this is no surprise to anyone that would give a shit.
>>
>>43644
morally i do. legally i don't. fucking jews.
>>
>>43644
>>43663
Indeed. LIbertarians and classic business conservatives should be elated that a private corporation got to execute their private interests in their private enterprise. That being said, people are idiots for willing surrendering and giving so much power to any given institution.

>>43678
Looks like someone needs to rethink their emotions a bit, uh?
>>
As if it's any wonder that money makes the world go round
>>
>>43645
/news/
>>
>>43737
Yeah but 4chan doesn't have the business model of selling everything you enter into their website to third party marketers like facebook does.

Every time you like a story on facebook, you reveal a little bit more about yourself. Advertisers take that information about you so they can send you more ads based on that knowledge. This can't and shouldn't ever happen on 4chan.
>>
>>43548
This is news?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/30/angela-merkel-caught-on-hot-mic-confronting-mark-z/

Zuckerberg works hand in hand with the globalist shills, I'd have thought it's common knowledge by now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.