[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donald Trump won't self-fund his General Election campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Gee, you'd think he would have whipped that money out since he didn't spend much of it for the Primary. By any chance were the electorate bamboozled?!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-wont-self-fund-general-election-campaign-1462399502
>>
Why would he? Time to dip into some of that sweet RNC cashpile
>>
>>42651
You make it sound like possible presidents usually do that anyway
>>
>>42660
This. Besides which, we already knew he'd be recouping the "loans" to his campaign using RNC cash if he clinched the nomination beforehand, so this is no surprise to anyone who's been paying attention.
>>
>>42707
Just going with his campaign promise of self funding his campaign with at least 1 billion dollars of his own money... 2 million bucks?! That doesn't sound like a Donald Trump tip, even.
>>
Trump doesn't like spending money on the campaign.
>>
>>42902
He shouldn't have made the promise to spend a billion dollars.

Wool over eyes status: Pulled.
>>
>>42714
As of now Trump hasn't said that he'll be using RNC funding to repay the $38 million in loans he gave himself to win the primary. A 2002 law gives him 10 more weeks to decide if he wants to go back in his promise to "self-fund". The RNC has said paying Trump back is not part of their strategy.

To be fair, Romney did repay his primary campaign with RNC funds from the general. To be fair again, Romney never denied that he took donations, or that donations were paying for the majority of his primary expenses.

Trump still has a choice, he can either drop the mask, insult people that supported him for his independence from lobbiest donors, and come out as a plutocrat--or-- he can "sell a building," eat the $38 million loss, and roll the dice in hopes of no one distinguishing between his primary financing and the funding in the general election.

What is clear is that after 10 weeks he can no longer say his current campaign is self financed.
>>
>>42910
>Trump still has a choice, he can either drop the mask, insult people that supported him for his independence from lobbiest donors, and come out as a plutocrat--or-- he can "sell a building," eat the $38 million loss, and roll the dice in hopes of no one distinguishing between his primary financing and the funding in the general election.
Granted, but I *personally* was not expecting him to really self-fund in practice if he made it to the general, and I suspect most others who've been watching this race closely more or less expected the same.

>The RNC has said paying Trump back is not part of their strategy.
Again, granted, but Reince Priebus just declared Trump the presumptive Republican nominee the other day, and IIRC, he was essentially part of the "Never Trump" faction, but then again, this hasn't exactly been a by-the-book campaign season, so I guess anything could happen,
>>
>>43048
I didn't realize how expensive an election was. I expected the general to be maybe $200 million at most, not $1B. I figured he could self-fund + individual small donors similar to the Bern
>>
>>43051
You might be right there, if only because the anger directed at the establishment pols and the backlash from all the free and negative media exposure seems to be what's really fueling his campaign thus far.
Generally though, it tends to cost an arm, a leg, your soul, and your first-born child to fund a successful presidential campaign.
>>
>>42651
>Trump doing what every serious politician does

This is worse than Drumpf shilling, you guys are just making yourselves look dumb. What is Hillary going to fund her own campaign?
>>
>>43097
>he's not a politician, he's gonna shake things up!
>w-well all the other politicians do it, why can't he?

Every time.
>>
>>43099
I don't get how anyone would prefer a "career polititian" over Trump
Politicians are past/current soldiers, officers, lawyers, businessmen, secretaries, mayors and/or walking charisma machines

I don't even think you were talking about this but it's /news/ so whatever
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.