[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't handle all those blankposts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Längengrade.jpg (84 KB, 335x400) Image search: [Google]
Längengrade.jpg
84 KB, 335x400
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/01/us/four-charged-in-shooting-of-protesters-in-minneapolis.html?_r=0

>tfw no images on an imageboard
>mfw
>>
>>4066
Hiro is harkening back to the textboards of old - remember them?!
>>
Another thing, why would a board like this need spoilers?
>>
>>4155
They'll break down and have pictures for us soon enough. How are we supposed to communicate only through words?!
>>
>>4066
How
>>
From what I've read, these guys didn't do anything wrong. They attended a public protest with the intent to film. Entirely within their rights. They maybe make disparaging comments. Rude, but well within the protection of the 1st amendment. Protesters get butthurt, assault them, threaten them, chase them down. The guys fearing for their safety defend themselves with their firearms.

Basically, it's on the protesters for responding to speech with violence. I'll be surprised if these guys actually see any prison time.
>>
>>4185
>Disparaging comments
>protected by the first amendment
Not in America they arent
>>
>>4269
Yes they are. In some European countries hate speech is illegal but America actually values freedom.
>>
>>4066
Speaking of which - is this board a trial/board cozy for the elimination of /pol/?

Because it is looking that way and speaks volumes as to the direction of this site
>>
>>4354
eliminate /pol/? why on earth would they unleash that flood? it's a containment board. this is like a hobby board for news items, if they delete /pol/ this board will just become /pol/.
>>
>>4332
it's illegal if the speech is intended to incite violence, yes even in amerikkka
>>
>>4129
Why doesn't he just bring back the actual textboards, maybe revamped with an inline extension and such? I'd love to shitpost on the lounge again.
>>
I don't think they'll get charged for the actual shooting, but the "racist images" and the texts may be damning if they change it to a lesser charge, like, I don't know the legal term for sure but conspiracy to incite violence or something like that. I think the best bet for their lawyers is to try to get that evidence dismissed as irrelevant and make sure he can find and secure the footage of BLM protesters admitting to assaulting and pursuing the group.

>>4354
/pol/ is a containment board. A leaky one, sure, but it's better to have a leaky container than to be flooded on. This board is for people who actually want to discuss news instead of circlejerking about how much they hate liberals and spamming meme replies and mindless reactions. Just like /his/ is for people who want to actually talk about history. Hiroshima's trying to bring back actual discussion to 4chan. The lack of images is good for this--people can't reply to some "epic" thing someone has said with a reaction image. Floods of those really wreck attempts at serious discussion.
>>
>>4498
Because the text boards needed a shitton of improvement to work against bots and human spammers. If you use 4chan's imageboard software as a base, you just have to remove image support and tweak the CSS a bit.
>>
>>4129
>Hiro is harkening back to the textboards of old
He really isn't. This is basically just an imageless imageboard.
No SJIS art, no thread-based post counting, all this inline shit that made large portions of 4chan one big chatroom... And I got all excited to hear textboards are being brought back...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.