[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parents Jailed for 20 years for starving child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 1
File: parents.jpg (151 KB, 1304x884) Image search: [Google]
parents.jpg
151 KB, 1304x884
SEATTLE -- Two Auburn parents caught starving and abusing their young children have been sentenced to 20-year prison terms.

Convicted by a King County jury in March, Christopher Sefton and Lori Lloyd on Thursday received exceptionally long prison sentences meant to match the exceptionally vicious abuses they perpetrated against Sefton's son.

By the time help arrived in March 2014, 6-year-old K. was battered and emaciated.

The boy had been feeding himself out of school trash cans. At home, Sefton and Lloyd were feeding him hot dog-and-cooking oil smoothies, forcing him to do calisthenics and denying him sleep.

Lloyd and Sefton were convicted of assault and criminal mistreatment following a jury trial. While those counts related to K. alone, prosecutors noted that the other children in the home - Lloyd's then-7-year-old daughter and the couple's young son - were mistreated as well.

King County Superior Court Judge James Cayce sentenced the pair to prison terms years beyond the usual range for their crimes.

Senior Deputy Prosecutor Cecelia Gregson said Sefton and Lloyd's mistreatment of K. was part of a deliberately cruel pattern of abuse perpetrated against a child who couldn't defend himself.

"Judge Cayce held that to give the standard range would be to ignore the jury's imposition of multiple aggravating factors and would not result in a fair or just sentence," Gregson said following Thursday's hearing. "He found that 20 years was warranted in this case because it was exceptional in every way."

K. and the other children have been placed in other homes since Sefton, 30, and Lloyd, 31 were arrested. The older children have been receiving counseling.

http://komonews.com/news/local/prison-for-parents-who-fed-hot-dog-smoothies-to-starving-boy-6/
>>
During a two-month trial, Sefton and Lloyd claimed K. was hurting himself while arguing that the accounts he and Lloyd's daughter offered couldn't be trusted. Sefton tried to portray himself as a "proactive" and "engaged" parent, while Lloyd's attorney said she was doing her best.

Refuting those assertions were the photos taken at Seattle Children's hospital after K.'s rescue by Auburn police separated.

Tall for 6 but weighing little more than 50 pounds, the boy appeared to be wasting away. His joints and stomach appeared swollen as his body, deprived of nutrition, began to shut down.

At closing arguments, Gregson said Sefton started to lose control around October 2013.

In the five months that followed, K. lost pound after pound as school workers became increasingly concerned about his treatment at home. Gregson said dozens of calls to child protective services failed to get the boy the help he needed.

"People ask, 'How can someone abuse a child?'" Gregson told the jury in March. "I ask, 'How could all these good people sit by and do nothing?'"

The boy arrived at school with a bloody lip, a bruised ear, scratches. He pulled food out of school trash cans to feed himself, choking once on a discarded muffin. His teachers created a "share basket" so the boy could be fed at school.

School nurses began weighing him. Sefton objected and claimed he was being discriminated against because he was a man raising his child.
>>
Lloyd recorded K.'s injuries on video. She and Sefton exchanged smug text messages about their treatment of the boy, which were later seized by the police. The malnourished child was required to do push-ups while wearing a backpack filled with canned food.

Sefton described his son as a "demon" when confronted by school workers. The boy's nurses and teachers knew a different child - they said he was gentle, kind and in desperate need of affection.

Sefton and Lloyd told school staff not to feed the boy because of imagined "dietary restrictions," and Sefton threatened to sue the school district if workers didn't stop feeding his son.

The day help finally arrived, K.'s face was bruised from a beating Sefton delivered because the boy wasn't tying his shoes properly, Gregson said. The boy was shaking uncontrollably.

K. was taken to the emergency room at Seattle Children's. His stomach was distended from malnutrition - he was starving to death.

The boy told investigators he was only allowed to eat blended shakes comprised of bread, carrots, water, hot dogs and oil. He was offered the disgusting concoctions twice a day.

"They were using food to torture him," Gregson said. "It has the added benefit of trying to kill him, but it was a very effective form of torture."

The jury, having been empaneled Jan. 17, returned its verdict March 15. Jurors convicted Lloyd and Sefton of first-degree assault of a child, second-degree assault of a child and first-degree criminal mistreatment.

Both defendants remain jailed. They are expected to be transferred to state prison in coming days.
>>
Fuck 20 years. Shoot them both and push them in to a hole an be done with these wastes of life.
>>
>>40213
These are low IQ white trash like most americans
>>
>>40206
I thought that was a before and after picture for shaving products.
>>
>>40206
Of course they are white.
>>
GOD DAMN PIGS

CAN'T YOU SEE THEY WERE TRAINING LIQUIDHOTDOG SNAKE??????
>>
>was forced to do push-ups with canned food on his back
Teared up like a bitch
>>
>>40276

you know if it wasn't for the fact that the parents look like stupid crazies, and that the kid looked emaciated, i'd say they're just training a really high quality swole kid.
>>
>>40206
>>40207
>>40208
...is there any motive to this at all beyond just being fucking sociopaths?
>>
>>40300

see
>>
>>40207
>Gregson said dozens of calls to child protective services failed to get the boy the help he needed.

Why even have CPS if it doesn't work?
>>
>>40350

That is the question we ask of just about any and all government agency...

We throw money at it...the agency fails miserably...why bother in the first place?
>>
>>40207
>Sefton objected and claimed he was being discriminated against because he was a man raising his child.

What do you even say to that?
I really don't even know where to start.
>>
>>40362
>>40350

CPS is well-known to be severely underfunded and understaffed in virtually every state.

It is featured in op-eds and news commentaries often for this fact, but people ignore it because apart from these occasional high-profile cases (which are forgotten within the month) most of the children they have to deal with are invisible dregs of society.
>>
As someone who lived right next to Auburn for 12 years, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Place is an absolute shithole
>>
Why would you do that
>>
Anyone read "A Child Called It"? This article instantly reminded me of that book.
>>
Here's hoping they both get murdered in prison. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>40206
I don't get it, their kid is fat and they're trying to save his life and his future by training him, and they're thrown into jail?
>>
>>40386
Yeah
>>
Why doesn't God stop this shit from happening.
>>
white people are a special kind of fucked up
>>
>>40415
Probably because he doesn't exist.
>>
>>40388
With hot dog and vegetable oil smoothies. That's how I trained for football too.
>>
>>40422
*tips*
>>
>>40420
>>40204
>>
>>40206
I have a feeling this story was made up and the kid was lying. this is too outrageous, and the judgment system is known for corruption.
>>
>>40206
you say it like its a bad thing.

welcome to 4chan
>>
>>40380
Funding is a huge problem but there's also little accountability for bureaucracies that are mismanaged or ineffectual.
>>
>>40496
ebin meme
>>
>>40422
How euphoric.
>>
>>40208
>he was only allowed to eat blended shakes comprised of bread, carrots, water, hot dogs and oil. He was offered the disgusting concoctions twice a day.
That's an awful lot of calories. The hotdogs would be a decent source of fat and protein, and the bread (if enriched) and carrots would provide thiamine, and vitamins A, D and C.
I'm not disputing the terrible abuse, but there's parts of this story that aren't quite adding up.
>>
>>40602
If the hat fits...
>>
>>40610
Depends on how much they gave him.
>>
>>40611
Too bad it doesn't...
>>
>>40213
agreed, Fuck these inbreds, they won't last long inside, once everyone find out why they are there.
>>
>>40638
>inbreds
That's racist.
>>
>>40615
Gods real because I read about him in a book!
>>
>>40663
When the mugshots look like a before and after picture, yes they are probably inbred.
>>
>>40606
Euphoria is a great thing, anon
>>
>>40206
That's a woman?
>>
>>40610

He probably hated it or had trouble keeping it down.
>>
Jesus christ wtf
like, typical trailer trash ignorance and resentment of their own kids, thats common in these kinds of crimes
But the text messenges, making him do fucking pushups with the cans he wasnt allowed to eat from? Thats the most malicious shit.
Now the beating for not tying his shoes properly, thats so stereotypical drunken redneck dad I had to laugh.
>>
>>40213
>>40638
>killing them

These are not people equipped for prison. 20 years in jail will destroy them, will destroy their future.

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>40502
I'd say you need to brush up on your sense of acuity.
>>
>>40847
Tax payer money, time, effort and all other things that people in prison take up.
There should probably be a lot more executions tbh.
>>
Few things truly enrage me, but if this is all true, I hope these two die in prison knowing nothing but pain, regret, guilt and remorse till the end of their years.
>>
>>40502
>this is too outrageous
Really? At least the kid was alive, and even could go to school, there is worse stuff out there.
>>
>>40386
Read the book.

These people need slow torture.

US Law provides no remedy for "people" like these.

We need eugenics back.

Pay poor and stupid people to get sterilized. Have a charity like Planned Parenthood do it.
>>
>>40387
If there is anything that prisoners hate, it's people who hurt kids.

Especially in women's prisons.

They will be used as toys for the inmates for a while then killed.
>>
>>41684
>I hope these two die in prison knowing nothing but pain, regret, guilt and remorse till the end of their years.

These people are too stupid to feel guilt, regret or remorse.
>>
Thought it was the same person before and after their tranny operation
>>
blacks do a bad thing
>fucking niggers
Whites do a bad thing
>fucking whities
I love this board
>>
>blended shakes comprised of bread, carrots, water, hot dogs and oil

quick, someone tell /ck/ to do a taste test
>>
>>42699
On it anon
>>>/ck/7642220
>>
>>42793
Good work anon
>>
>>42699
What about /fit/?
>>
>>40217
I don't think the white trash angle can be stressed enough.

>white
>rural
>fat
>christian
>barely educated
>>
>>40380
>>40594
Well see the trick is that 'anti-big-government' republican types use mismanagement or ineffectual as an excuse to under-fund.

So which one is it? Doesn't matter. Point is, it doesn't work but slashing funds doesn't exactly help/
>>
>>40256
I thought it was a picture of the same guy with a five year time lapse.
>>
>>40386
My mom made me read that book so I wouldn't think I had it so bad. Honestly, a lot of the shit in the book seemed fake to me... at one point in the book, the mother stabs the kid in the stomach with a fucking kitchen knife, and then nurses him back to health, somehow. I know it's based on a true story, but it was pretty over the top.
>>
>>40206
See this is the issue with gay couples.
>>
>>40206
WOW, WHITE TRASH JOHNNY DEPP AND FEMALE WHITE TRASH JOHNNY DEPP!

CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPHS?
>>
>>41684
They'll never feel regret, remorse, or guilt.

Oh, they might say they're sorry one day, but they're never going to be sorry for what they did. They'll be sorry that they got punished for what they did. The only thing I hope they feel for the rest of their lives is fear. Fear from other inmates who are going to beat and rape the everloving shit out of them, and hell, hopefully fear on account of the prisons denying them food every few days.
>>
>>42812
Any body that truly follows the Christian religion weekly wouldn't do this. Straight up contradicts the morals of it
>>
>>40206
good looking folks.
>>
Why is it always cumskins doing crazy shit like this?
>>
>>40277
I was thinking the same thing.

>>40208
>Sefton described his son as a "demon" when confronted by school workers.

Yeah, a Demon in the gym. Look at the single-digit body fat on that kid. Fat liberals are just angry because this kid unlocked his full genetic potential at age 6.

>White Trash dad became the best trainer in the world
>This isn't even my final form
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.