[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philippine president candidate ready to cut US ties over rape row
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
File: 1433511341886.jpg (33 KB, 460x320) Image search: [Google]
1433511341886.jpg
33 KB, 460x320
Trash-talking Philippine presidential favourite Rodrigo Duterte has warned he is prepared to cut diplomatic ties with the United States and Australia after their envoys criticised his comments about the jailhouse rape of a missionary.

Duterte also told the ambassadors to "shut their mouths", as controversy raged over his comments last week in which he said he wanted to have been the first to rape the Australian woman who was brutalised and murdered in a 1989 prison riot.

"If I become president, go ahead and sever (diplomatic ties)," Duterte, 71, said on the campaign trail on Wednesday night, referring to the relationships with the United States and Australia, two of the Philippines' closest allies.

Duterte, who while campaigning has called the pope a "son of a bitch" and promised to kill tens of thousands of criminals, recounted at a recent rally the attack on the Christian missionary as part of his tough-on-crime pitch to voters.

"I was mad she (the missionary) was raped but she was so beautiful. I thought, the mayor should have been first," she told the crowd.

Duterte was at the time mayor of Davao, a major city in the southern Philippines where he is accused of running vigilante death squads that have allegedly killed more than 1,000 people.

The front runner has at times on the campaign boasted about running the death squads, claiming they killed 1,700 people, but also denied any links to them.

Duterte has similarly offered varying responses to the rape comments, with his media team releasing a statement in which he apologised. But on the campaign trail, he has repeatedly told reporters he would not say sorry.

Australian ambassador Amanda Gorely criticised his remarks this week, saying on Twitter: "Rape and murder should never be joked about or trivialised. Violence against women and girls is unacceptable anytime, anywhere".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leading-philippine-candidate-says-may-cut-us-australia-062640569.html
>>
>>39923
Fucking savage
>>
>>39923
There's a piece of Trump everywhere
>>
>>39923
The Philippines wouldn't be a country if it wasn't for the help provided by the US.
>>
>>39923
Say what you want about Trump, but he at least believes he's doing what is right for the country.
He's dead wrong and is going to and already has caused damage that will take years to fix, but he is doing it because he thinks it's what needs to be done.
However, this guy is something on a different level entirely.
>>
>>39948
Which is exactly why he'll lose or "tragically die" in an accident.
>>
>>39950
What has he done that will take years to fix? You're a fucking retard
>>
>>39948
nobody needed the help of any "western" country until they went there and told them they needed it while cucking them out of their natural ressources.
>>
>>40011
When large eastern countries start threatening smaller eastern countries, they turn to help from the western countries that conquered them in the 19th and 20th centuries.
>>
>>39944
Kek, I was thinking the same exact thing. Then again, not even trump would dare to make jokes about rape.
>>
>>40011
Except Japan wanted to take them and the entire region over and they had jack-shit to defend themselves with.
>>
Look at this ugly monkey dreaming about raping white wimmens
>>
Very stupid thing. SAD!
Seriously though, the city he was mayor for, is (from memory) in the top 10 safest cities worldwide, and this is how he acts after comments against his "wanting to have raped a woman first"? Silly.
>>
>>39948
Oh, you still haven't checked the wikileaks that it was actually them who was responsible for the corruption that happened in the Philippines, the CIA. laundering money to gather our natural resources since Quezons presidency. The ousting of Marcos was also their responsibility, since the operation mockingbird conspiracy that affected Marcos was proven correct.
>>
>>40064
>actual goods for a bunch of papers
>all the idols in the money are capitalist puppets
>>
>>39923
>presidential candidate wishing to rape a christian woman who came to help THEIR impoverished subhuman shithole of an armpit country

Again,why are flips allowed to immigrate?
They are shit tier 3rd world workers,we can replace them with poles or something human.
>>
>>40008
I was talking about the damage to the Republican party as a whole.
They have become splintered worse than they were in 2008 when the Tea Party became a major player. I saw signs of recovery in 2012 but now the rift is larger than ever.
Like it or not, damage has been done and it isn't as easy to undo.
>>
>>40064
>FUCK YOU WEST STOP INTERVENING,WE WUZ CIVILIZED ASIANS
>WEST,PLEASE INVEST IN LOCAL ECONOMY BY FUCKING MY PUSSY

No,Failipenis,you're a republic of monkeys.
Take responsibility for being a shithole populated by cumdumpsters and feeble manlet refuse.
>>
>>39923
(filipino here)
he's like trump
* lots of voters
* first time presidency but tried politics before
* has a mouth that accidentally says shit (just like OP's post)
* rich dumb cunt
(ill try to get a footage on tv about current news here about him)
get me out of this country asap pls :(
>>
makes Trump look dignified.

Also he's an American patsy.
>>
>>40240
Anyone supporting him proves they're troglodytes.
Duterte is a mysoginist inbred who has to rape women because he can't get any love.
A manlet with napoleon syndrome that needs to kill people to comand respect...

Regressive conservaturds like him are why you will enjoy no investments,no growth and no respect in international politics.

Do you really want an uneducated,frustrated,batshit insane loser to win?
>>
>>40240
*tips fedora
>>
I don't understand this guy. He speaks about wanting to rape an Australian citizen and he expects the ambassador to just not say anything about it?
>>
>breaking ties with your safest bets for help if China decides it wants your country

Island chimps are ridiculous
>>
>Flips in charge of electing presidents
>>
>>39923
What an animal
>>
I'm sure we can find somewhere else to get textiles and fruit
>>
>>43413
We need to send back their maids,inert nurses and diseased sex workers back to their islands.
They've enjoyed a standard of living far above their worth.

All the money they're sending back home is what sustains their artificial economy.
>>
Let China be their ally then. Let's see how long they stay sovereign. Hope China uses the same tactics as Russia did and say how they're not invading them and forces an annex of their island.
>>
>>39923
He's an absolute idiot. The only thing that keeps his not-a-state island relevant is the U.S. Burn that bridge and they'll be Haiti 2.0 in no time.
>>
>>40240
Come to America bro, I employ a ton of your country men. You're hard workers and I like you
>>
>>40011
Well fuck, we shouldn't have stopped Japan in world war 2 then. Asia didn't need the help of Western nations as the Japanese were playing games like Rape Nanking, and Catch the Baby on the Bayonet, clearly those were sanctioned games, and they were more than willing to supply the Japanese with comfort women and babies.
>>
>>40138
That's for the best tbh
>>
>>40062
Hello Europe
>>
its already election today, and guess who will suffer for his next 6 years?

(some news too)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/09/john-oliver-if-you-think-trump-is-bad-wait-till-you-meet-rodrigo-duterte.html
>>
>>43445
>I employ illegals and taco munchers on visas rather than my own citizens
Suduko pls.
>>
His rise is funded by China. His promise to settle the island issue bilaterally (when the UN is about to rule in the Philippines's favor) is not something anyone with the country's national interest at heart would do. There are oil, fisheries, gas, and enough strategic value there to ensure continued independence and growth, but because he wants to be king rat under colonial China the Philippine people are reduced to a confessed murderer's meat bags.
>>
>>40237

*sigh*
>>
>>40245
>i have never experienced the Philippines by first hand
He's trying to clean up the degeneracy of Philippines.
>>
>>44121
Your're an idiot.
>>
This guys is a loose canon that will fire wildly and hit all kinds of people.
>>
>>44121
>One guy should clean up the entire degeneracy problem, rather than the people actually doing it for themselves.

You're the fucking degenerate.
>>
ayy
>>
>>39923
>Australian ambassador Amanda Gorely criticised his remarks this week, saying on Twitter: "Rape and murder should never be joked about or trivialised. Violence against women and girls is unacceptable anytime, anywhere".

"Violence against men and boys is unacceptable anytime, anywhere." - Nobody Ever, 2016
>>
>>44121
Kek. Duterte is just going to make his hometown davao better and wont give a fuck to other places just like every Filipino president did.
>>
>>43462
>Japan in world war 2
they went full retard because of american economic policies
>>
I expect him to be overthrown in a violent CIA backed coup if he becomes president.
>>
>>47054
violence against men for being men is way lower than it is for women that are brutalized for being women and thus "lower" than their typically physically stronger counterparts. that's like saying "wheres the protection for white people against being lynched for their race" sure it could happen, but certainly not at epidemic levels.
>>
This is a major blow to those rejecting the Hispanic Asian memes.
>>
>>39923
Lol. Filipino here. He is a Dictator, a person who takes the law in his hands.
#RIPPHILIPPINES
Oh well, I'm in US anyway
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.