[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Latvia bans face veils
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 1
File: veils.jpg (78 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
veils.jpg
78 KB, 675x450
Absolutely based.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/20/world/europe/latvia-face-veils-muslims-immigration.html?smid=tw-nytimesworld&smtyp=cur&_r=0
>>
>>39790
Good. I'm so sick of seeing ghosts walking down the street.
>>
Good. Religion has no place in the modern world.

A belief that wasn't voluntarily formed (but rather formed through years of indoctrination when one was a child) is not the same as an opinion formed through rational thought, so it's OK for the government to restrict the former.
>>
This is great
>>
>>39813
Nice try fedora topper, I didn't accept my parents religion until I was an adult. Most people nowadays don't and that would prove you wrong. I bet your parents where religious and yet you're an atheist.
>>
>>39832
i wish i could be there the moment you slip into death, just to see that realization that you are becoming nothing and nothing awaits you, but hopefully you die more painfully than that anyway, christfag. also your religion is a naked twink. wtf.
>>
>The proposal would not ban the wearing of head scarves that do not cover the face, like hijabs, the coverings most commonly worn by Muslim women

Good, it doesn't matter if there's only a few ninjas in Latvia, it's the principle. Religions are cults and governments should grant them leeway based on how much security risk they pose.
>>
>>39790
Don't have link, but on FB a Becти article has a lot of Russians butt-hurt. Apparently a physician in Latvia told a Russian monolingual patient to either learn Latvian or go seek care in Russia.

> Based.
>>
>>39813
>t. 13 year old still butthurt over being dragged to church on Sunday
>>
>>39833
Naked twink? Christ was probably hairy.
And not at all attractive.
As for your painful death wish, I have no idea why you would wish that upon someone. You need to lose your edge.
Your sadism doesn't help your argument.
>>
>>39833
Edgy, totally can't tell you're 14 years old
>>
>>39848
>14 years old
try 12
>>
>>39861
And what is this?

>>39790
That should never happen in the states. Guaranteed by the constitution to wear durka durka mask, so a ban can easily be repealed.
Also banning clothing, How petty are people these days? Don't like the color pink or American Eagle Outfitters?

>I'm so sick of the misogynists color wimmenz forced to wear.
>pink banned.
>>
>>39790
Ok, I have to ask, is the face veil mandatory for some of them?
I thought it was just everything except the face.

>>39813
>>39833
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!
>>
>>39832
Boohoo >>>/pol/
Not every athiest is a muh science fedora fuck, you fucking idiot. Ever heard of Nietczshe? Youre furher was fond of him
>>
>>39813
>>39833
*tips*
>>
>>39905
tips tinfoil
>>
>>39869
You're a fucking idiot. When you have muslims beheading people in your streets and marching in the capital demanding sharia law then you will understand why they need to be stopped.

Fucking Americans, always experts on everyone else's business.
>>
>>39896
From the way you are crying about the opinion of others and using /pol/ like some sort of insult, you sure are painting yourself as a fedora tipper.
>>
>>39790
>
fuck u i connaot read this
>>
>>39832
How can you be so sure that most people only really become religious in adulthood? I've met a lot of people who definitely accepted their religion well before adulthood.
>>
Fair play to Latvian goverment.
>>
>>39927
Don't judge an entire country from a few idiots.
>>
Atleast they wont even come here when they realize that they cant wear a bag on their head. But nvm we dont have as much money as germans so they dont come anyways
>>
>>39953
just open the link in incognito
>>
“Anybody could be under a veil or under a burqa,” she said. “You could carry a rocket launcher under your veil. It’s not funny.”

i keep my rocket launcher in my pants
>>
How many durkas were there in Latvia in the first place?
>>
>>39813
>the beliefs that were put in my head for years when I was a child are better than those of other people
you forgot to tip your fedora.
>>
>>39927
and you plan on stopping them by making it illegal to cover their face... Yeah, that'll stop a suicide bomber.
Good Thinking anon!
>>
>>40021
>Stopping people from concealing their identity and move freely doesn't stop security threats or open displays of non-integration

with a post that intelligent you must be a mud yourself.
>>
>>40023
No, Anon had right the first time. Merican.

And I can say the same about your post. But no, go ahead. Hitler was right.
>>
>>40030
That was just a collection of jibberish, you utter fuckhead.
>>
>>39833
Who gives a flying fuck what he thinks or feels at any point in his life, most of all you? Are you him?
>>
yes, this will definetly help the latvian economy
>>
>>39833
You are why hate crimes happen.

>>40109
It's a cheap political move to gain some popularity.
They should just ban muslims, though.
>>
>>40023
Get off your fucking high horse. The only reason you people want this shit banned is because it makes you uncomfortable, and because you think Muslims are the scum of the earth. I highly doubt that "Muslim aggression" is as prevalent as you say it is, and banning clothing isn't going to stop a determined suicide bomber
>>
>>40750

>It's a "I am cover my eyes and ears, but will keep screaming at everyone who doesn't do the same" episode.

Die.
>>
>>40750
>implying
>>
>>40750
Good bait.
>>
>>39839
BASED LATVIA.
I LOVE THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!! Can we have that in the us? so tired of being in a doctors office and its all in spanish and shit
>>
>>39843
eh, no. church is a cult. fuck that crap.
>>
>>39977
this, lol.
>>
>>39790
I thought face veils are white people garb in that place, also?!
>>
>>39790
Face veils are forbidden in a lot of EU countries already, but nobody enforces it because dass raciss
>>
>>39832
>>39905
>>40015
>le fedora meme

Every time
>>
>>39790
think i might take a trip to latvia now when its muslim free (^:
>>41546
church doesnt bomb people in 2016 while allah is excuse for every modern terrorist act, yall havin better time in company of jesus
>>
>>39790
It's funny and I don't like muslims, but this is still a bit of an odd law to me. It's just a veil.
>>
>>39869
I would rather see Abercrombie and American Eagle banned tbqh, "I want to grow up to to be a walking billboard for shitty clothing companies" isn't a good mindset for a society to have.
>>
>>41983
ouch i cut myself on all that NONCONFORMISM
its edgy
>>
>>40750
> and banning clothing isn't going to stop a determined suicide bomber
Of course not, but it's going to stop the less determined ones.
It's like saying
>why even have the Secret Service when a skilled enough assassins can kill the president
>>
>>42031
>Of course not, but it's going to stop the less determined ones.
of course, because the less determined PEOPLE WHO ARE READY TO BLOW THEMSELVES UP all hide behind fucking drapes

do you even read yourself before you post?
>>
>>41953

It's just a veil that stands directly in the way of cultural assimilation.

If you come to my country, you should join my culture, because unity, not diversity, is how societies succeed.
>>
>>39813
did you even read th article?
the woman turned to islam after one trip to egypt, she wasn't indoctrinated
>>
>>41088
You're the one wanting them to conform to your culture
>>
As much as i hate religion, unless they are going to ban all masks they have to place banning veils.
>>
>>42265
>tfw I can't wear a kimono or some tribal outfit in the eurozone anymore
Oh wait
>>
>>39813
*tips all fedoras on Earth at you then teleports away into the shadows*
>>
As a Latvian, I am proud of this!
>>
>>39790
Why would anyone ban something so insignificant, jesus. Dont even start about "protecting my/our culture" horseshit, most of you wouldnt give two shits about it if it werent cool to have an enemy.
>>
>>39874
No.
>mandatory
Well, some idiots "read" the Koran in a way that says it is mandatory, but under the very same Koran rules most Muslims women just cover their hair (like Christian nuns).

There isn't much really mandatory rules in the Koran, most have bypasses. "If you can't [pray 5 times a day at precise time, wash precisely following how-to before praying, do Ramadan/lent] for a legitimate reason, you can [pray at home 5 times in a row at home, do a easier washing, do Ramadan another day or pay equivalent days of food to someone in need]"
>>
>>42492
>something so insignificant
http://www.mistersmoke.com/images/Cagoule-noir-17.3.7.jpg
This guy looks like he's on his way to buy cigarettes, not rob a bank, right?
OP's talking about face masking veil (niqab), not the regular one (hijab). This mask shows MORE than a niqab.

(I'm not trolling, niqab is troll-level.)
>>
>>42497
balaclavas are different from fucking muslim veils.
>>
>>39790
It would be a lot more constructive to ban jews
>>
>>42492
This is bait.
>>
>>39976
>a few
>>
>>39790
The article only says some Nazi party is proposing the law desu, that doesn't mean it'll pass.

I'm with the law tho.
>>
Good country
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.