[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canary In the Coalmine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: UnitedHealthcarebailsACA.jpg (29 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
UnitedHealthcarebailsACA.jpg
29 KB, 304x304
>UnitedHealth Group, America’s largest health insurer, announced today that it would be abandoning Obamacare’s insurance exchanges, after absorbing hundreds of millions in losses. While the exchanges can continue to function without United, United’s departure could represent the “canary in the coal mine”: a signal that other insurers will not be able to remain in these highly unstable markets.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/04/19/abandon-ship-unitedhealth-to-exit-unsustainable-obamacare-exchanges-in-34-states/#3cc5e3d58652
>>
>>39651

Wait...

...health insurance companies aren't required by law to participate? If that's the case, why did they do it to begin with? In fact, why did any?
>>
>>39659
Aren't they given massive fines if they don't?
I can't remember how it works
>>
Non-Forbes source for those who use adblock: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-united-health-group-profit-20160419-story.html
>>
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-higher-earnings-160000551.html

They actually beat earnings expectations. They claim they lost money on certain obamacare plans, so it sounds like it was just a bad business move by them instead of obamacare.

They are paid a combined $360 a month by my temp agency and myself for catastrophic coverage. No idea how they can loose money on that deal.
>>
>>39726
Just use an anti ad blocker.
>>
>>39794
Easy, they pocketed a good deal of it. Insurance is a for-profit scam after all.
>>
>>39952
Yeah, this. If anything this is an example of the ACA acting as intended. Insurers who are there to skim off the top and provide no real value are gonna get shut down.
>>
>>39651
Jesus just spend less per patient already
>>
I'm genuinely shocked and amazed that they need money and require it to pay their staff. How dare they not want to continuously take a loss? Those greedy assholes just want to feed their families and put a roof over their heads.
>>
>>39964

I disagree, I went for United because it's an actual insurance policy, while a lot of the competiors are glorified FSA/HSA options.
>>
>>40006
I agree it's pretty disgusting that horrible white cissexual male oppressors would expect to run a successful insurance business. They should know better; this is progress.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.