[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man faces life in prison after he is assaulted by two off duty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: david.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
http://www.copblock.org/157859/man-could-face-life-in-prison-after-off-duty-police-officers-assault/

Please read and share! Don't let a 23 year old kid go to prison for life.
>>
>Copblock
Do we really consider activism sites a "news source"? This is no different than that other thread that posted a link to the Verizon site where they publish their own news.

What's next? Linking to a Kickstarter page that has an update in the news section?
>>
what are you believing fox news instead. lol
>>
so i guess you get your accurate info from fox news? lol
>>
>>39260
>>39261
Op your thread sucks find a better source.
>>
MERICA,... F&CK YEAH
>>
But the newspaper article doesn't link to the videos.So this provides the most info.
>>
>>39260
>>39261
>>39263
I haven't been on /news/ long but is every thread just people bitching about the OPs sauce?

Is there a sticky with approved sources somewhere?
>>
>>39268
Well it's moreso a thing you're expected to know. When you're discussing news, facts are extremely important, and, as you can see, some news sources are just going to say what they want, we call this being biased, they have a clear hand in what's going on and want it to be read in a certain way.

You want to grab a news clip from a website that you know is unbiased, like, some major news sites, or ones that make that clear.
>>
>>39285
Except major news sources are almost always biased but even ignoring that, I'm guessing that the OP is American, I have no idea if the link he posted is biased or a reputable source in America. So your only option is to post a link from one of the global conglomerates which tend to be some of the most agenda driven clickbait merchants.
>>
>Sobelman faces 10 years to life in prison, thanks to enhanced drug offender laws, over allegedly possessing 1 gram of marijuana and a TRACE amount of cocaine.

Stopped reading. Your title is pure clickbait and I support this guy having the book thrown at him.
>>
>>39287
I've never heard of the site before, but when it's literally called copblock.org, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's probably very biased when it comes to articles about law enforcement.
>>
>>39302
Throw in some juvenile fashion and you nailed it.
>>
>>39268
>is every thread just people bitching about the OPs sauce
Only when the source isn't respectable or only exists to push an agenda.
Call me crazy, but I would think that a site called copblock would have a blatantly one sided view.
>>
Bernie Sanders did an interview with cop block recently. It was about the police state and excessive force. I thought it was a good read.
>>
Bernie Sanders did a interview with cop block recently, In regards to excessive force. It's worth reading
>>
We must act because this time... he's white!
>>
>>39362
There are millions of Whites around here... How about the minorities for a change?!
>>
>>39260
>>39261

>>39347
>>39344

is this a /news/ thing?

also, please elaborate instead of letting your limp dick of a discussion hang out for us to fellate.
>>
>>39260
>>39261
Get the fuck off my website you stupid fuck
Only the most normie of normies would use the dumbest fallacy in the book
>hurr you dont like X you must like Y!
K I L L Y O U R S E L F
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
>>39260
>>39261
>>39265
>>39257
>>39344
>>39347
faggot sage
>>
>>39400
nice meme stream
i
c
e

m
e
m
e

s
t
r
e
a
m
>>
Regardless of the source, you're just ignorant if you don't think this type of thing happens every day in America. I've known many people who have criminal records for minor drug charges, despite being otherwise productive members of society. The article makes a good point that if he had lived in Colorado or another state, he would have no record and would not have been arrested. It makes no sense to me how something can be totally fine in one part of the country and be a reason to permanently ruin your life in another.

Aside from all that, why were they in their uniforms when they are off-duty? Isn't that crossing some kind of ethical line?
>>
>>39475
Ages of consent vary by state and I assure you that a single statutory rape charge will fuck up your life far more than three strikes with drugs.
>>
I searched everywhere I could to find a legitimate news source for you OP, but it just doesn't exist. The closest I can get you is Columbia Tribune, which just mentions him along with some other names. However, the charges brought against him paint a more damning picture than what Copblock reports on. It makes me a little suspicious that they're treating him as a dindu nuffin.

The charges:
>David Avery Sobelman, 23, of 2907 Northland Drive, probation and parole violation, no bond set; possession of a controlled substance, possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana, resisting arrest, $9,500 bond.
Source: http://www.columbiatribune.com/for_the_record/arrests/arrests-and-summonses/article_5e4ce853-85b7-5a88-a2dd-fac35e2c0a25.html
>>
>>39258
>Do we really consider activism sites a "news source"?

We really consider information to be accurate or not based on it's own merits and not a perception of it's source, especially a story that is being covered by numerous sources.

We really consider you to be a stupid guy pretending to be smart.
>>
>>39257
>possessing 1 gram of marijuana and a TRACE amount of cocaine
Nah, let him rot in jail.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.