[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 16diplo1-master675.jpg (86 KB, 675x451) Image search: [Google]
16diplo1-master675.jpg
86 KB, 675x451
>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/16/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-warns-ofeconomic-fallout-if-congress-passes-9-11-bill.html?_r=0

I don't get it. Why are people abroad in danger because of that new law? And why would it be bad if the Saudis sold some of the US stuff they own? If it's rightfully theirs - they can do it with whatever they want. And the new owners cannot be worse than the Saudis. And who is that aznqtmilf in the green dress?
>>
>>39082
>Why are people abroad in danger because of that new law?
>"Ey, you can pass dis law if yooz want, but eh, it'd be a shame if something happened to you"

>And why would it be bad if the Saudis sold some of the US stuff they own?
Selling billions of dollars of stocks and shares at once will make the market dip
>>
>>39082
And once again,Obummer sides with them ,not with the people.

They didn't even bother to deny involvment,just straight up blackmail and threats.
>>
>>39082
Selling off those assets is a big deal and would more seriously damage the Kingdom than the US. Few outside the country expect they would actually do it. The point in making the threat is domestic approval.

Obama has promised to release the documents (a section of the 9/11 commission report) for years. He can still do it. I have no idea what to expect, but the more threats like this one the more I suspect the worst from the Saudis.
>>
If this goes through, if the Saudi's get their way, does it confirm beyond any doubt that you can get away with anything and do anything if you have the right amount of money? That money is the only thing important in society?
>>
>>39166
Pretty much
>>
>>39166
are you seriously this new in life?
>>
Why isn't this bigger news? Hey didn't even mention it on the nightly news last night ..
>>
US partnership with Saudi Arabia lead to the creation of the petrodollar, the US traded defense partnership in turn for Saudi Arabia doing oil trade exclusively in USD.

This intrinsic link between the US dollar and global oil trade is the reason the US dollar is valuable, and dominates trade. Japan wants oil? They need to trade with the US for their money, or exchange currency straight up so they can use that USD to buy oil.

This is why Saudi Arabia is immune backlash for their actions and gets away with everything they do, from funding terrorism to blackmailing nations. To defy them is to end the petrodollar and thus completely kill the foundation that keeps USD as the global dominant currency.
>>
>>39236
What % of the 2015-16 global economy is Saudi oil? What are the current major oil producing countries? What currency competes with the US dollar?
>>
>>39236
I thought it was more so that the availability of the oil to not only our countries but all others was why we over the living war crime that is Saudia Arabia
>>
>>39166
lol this doesn't need to be proven anymore. the gernal public might lose some faith in in the government, though. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation and shit will go down.
>>
>>39236
And to think that Elon Musk could almost single-handedly cripple their grasp by finally kickstarting the mass production of the electric car.
>>
>>39307
Yeah, let's see how that goes.
>>
>>39307
Reminder that Tesla /still/ hasn't made money
>>
>>39249
Good question.
>>
>>39236
We really should just glass that entire region.
>>
>>39089
The fact that they had to say anything means Obama doesn't like them. If anything, he sided with the American economy because the market could suffer.

Ps

>current year
>using "obummer" unironically

Lmao redneck
>>
>>39438
Did you get lost on your way to tumblr? Faggot.
>>
Aside from most of the 9/11 hijackers and Osama Bin Laden being from Saudi Arabia, can someone explain why the government of Saudi Arabia would be held responsible? Is there actual proof, and is their resistance to the bill an admission of guilt? Or is it just a law that allows them to be held responsible if evidence arises?
>>
>>39307
>>39309
>>39312
Lorries and trucks will never run efficiently with electricity
>>
>>39480
Also: Friendly reminder that electric cars have no heating and are useless in winter because of that.
>>
>>39089
>Congress fails to pass bill
>Obama's fault
>>
>>39082
DO IT BITCH, YOU WON'T. YOU LIKE THE F15S WE KEEP SELLING YOU.

Fuck the entire region, as soon as we don't have any favorites down there the problem will sort itself out. Or get nuked.
>>
>>39478
Everyone knows Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest funders of international terrorism. I don't know what the US Gov. has on them though.
>>
>>39082
its time to bring American Democracy and Freedom to the Saudis.
>>
>>39481
>I am an uneducated idiot
>>
>>39489
My farts smell bad. Thanks Obama
>>
>>39236
>>39249
>What currency competes with the US dollar?
For the oil market? None.
There were some, very broad, plans to switch to euros or whatever, but it didn't turn out all that good for the ones who where thinking it up, see Libya.
Also, wasn't the OPEC meeting, like, yesterday to "counter the price drop"?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.