[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warplane WAS in Turkish airspace, America claims
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: its happening.gif (973 KB, 312x213) Image search: [Google]
its happening.gif
973 KB, 312x213
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/29/europe/syria-turkey-russia-warplane/index.html

America took Turkey's side, saying yes the warplane was in fact violating turkish airspace. If this turns out true, the russians might have been blatantly lying about warnings being given as well.

How will Russia respond?
>>
>>3897
>implying Russia intended for anybody to believe them
they don't care
they never cared
they're just posturing so that they have the largest number of potential bullshit reasons to invade somewhere in the future
>>
>>3897
that is a good question
>>
>>3897
>The US matters in EU politics
>>
>>3964
>thinking it doesnt
constanza.avi
>>
>trusting the USA to treat Russia fairly
I'm not anti-American, but you gotta acknowledge that these two countries aren't exactly on friendly terms.
>>
>America claims

Is that supposed to add legitimacy to it or something? Like 'America' is the highest authority and should be trusted 100%? Because American military has never lied about anything, especially when it goes against Russia, nooooo
>>
So, the US is getting the metadata of the radar and voice recording, but EU and Russia not. Seems reasonable.

And that the US and Turkey work together with oil delivery for the IS is a fact that doesn't matter.
>>
>>3897
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>3969
Turkey, EU

SeinfeldBaldGuy.JayPeg
>>
>>3976
More the fact it intensifies antagonism from NATO
>>
>>3897
>Putin signs economic sanctions.

What a laugh.
>>
>>3897
ww3
>>
>>3976

America definitely has more legitimacy than Russia on anything dealing with international politics. Or do you have a reason to believe that America, a disinterested third party in this particular mess, would have to lie against Russia, a country that has been operating purely on propaganda and geopolitical swagger for the past decade?
>>
>>4093
>a disinterested third party
Nope.
>>
>>4093
>disinterested third party
>Turkey is a NATO ally
>Russia is US' longstanding enemy
>disinterested

I genuinely laughed

> America definitely has more legitimacy than Russia on anything dealing with international politics

Maybe in America, here in Germany, America is seen as highly hypocritical and is never taken 'seriously', they say one thing and do another CONSTANTLY. That's not really showing legitimacy.
>>
>>3897
>If this turns out true
>believing Obama and the Turk
>>
>>4118
Just because Obama said it's true doesn't mean it can't be true.
>>
>>3897
>implying that this is nothing more than a carefully choreographed dance for your entertainment.
>>
>>4093
>America definitely has more legitimacy than Russia on anything dealing with international politics.
Oh my.
>>
What Russia real wants to do:
>Poke at smaller countries until they eventually attack them in their home territory
>Use that as an excuse to nuke and invade then create a new cold and shitty looking New York type place.
>profit
>>
>>4130
Actually gotta agree with anon here:
>Be me
>Be playing nostalrius as an Orc
>See something in the distance coming towards me
>It's another Orc
>"HELLO! I AM THE RUSSIAN OF MAN!"
>"WHERE ARE YOU FROM?"
>pretty kick ass guy, meet up with him and his Russian buddies in a party
>Ask them about their current political situation and how Russia is this time year
>They're all chuckling in chat
>"Anon the politics, eh, they are of lies. The news is of always lying. Is why I go on CNN instead."
After I ate dinner later he was gone. I think his name was uh, Maxim Shlominkov??? I forget the last name. But yeah, apparently they lie a shit ton in Russian news.
>>
And now, the science. In the video of the incident, which was posted online, it can be seen that one of the two jets got hit and starts crashing to the ground. The jet takes approximately 30 seconds to hit the ground. “Because the vertical movement is only dependent on gravity (g=9.81m/s2, z=gt2/2), we can calculate that the plane was moving at a height of at least 4500 meters,” the physicists write in their blog. “That number is consistent with the Turkish statement of the jets being at an altitude of 19,000 feet (5800 meters).”

On the map provided by Turkish officials, it can be seen that the plane crashed eight kilometers from the place it was hit. The jet traveled those eight kilometers from the time it was hit until the time it crashed. A simple division gives an initial speed of 980 km/h, a perfectly acceptable speed for an aircraft traveling at that altitude. So far, so good.

Then, the physicists take that speed and compare it to the distance the jets traveled in Turkish airspace according to the Turkish map, around 2 kilometers. When flying at a speed of 980 km/h, an object would cover that distance in seven seconds, instead of the 17 seconds according to Turkish reports. To cross that distance in 17 seconds, the plane should have been traveling at a meager 420 km/h. The video shows this simply could not be true, if the crash site is accurate. Physics 1, Turkey 0.

(1/2)
>>
The Turkish airforce says it warned the fighter jets ten times in five minutes. In five minutes, an aeroplane traveling at 980 km/h would cross a distance of about 80 kilometers. From these facts, the professors conclude: “How could the Turkish airforce predict that the Russian jets were about to enter Turkish airspace? Military jets are very agile, and in theory the Russian jets could have turned at the last moment to avoid Turkish airspace. The warnings issued to the Russian pilots were mere speculation at the moment they were made.”

According to those facts, the warnings couldn’t possibly have been issued in the time the jets were in Turkish territory. Unless Turkish air controllers can speak impossibly fast, issuing ten warnings in seven seconds seems kinda improbable. Physics 2, Turkey 0.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/belgian-physicists-calculate-that-everyone-is-lying-about-the-downed-russian-jet

NATO and Turkey on suicide watch
>>
>>4177
>The jet takes approximately 30 seconds to hit the ground. “Because the vertical movement is only dependent on gravity (g=9.81m/s2, z=gt2/2), we can calculate that the plane was moving at a height of at least 4500 meters,” the physicists write in their blog. “That number is consistent with the Turkish statement of the jets being at an altitude of 19,000 feet (5800 meters).”
What?
9.81/2*302 = 4414.5, which is LESS than 4500 meters. This is ignoring air resistance which would reduce the falling speed and therefore mean that the plane was lower, not higher, than the calculated 4414.5 m.

Somebody explain this inconsistency to me.
>>
>>4181
*9.81/2*30^2
>>
We're just entering a second cold war
>>
>>3897
>there are people who actually think governments care about the truth

Do you honestly believe that, if America had discovered the plane was in fact in Syrian airspace, they'd have said "our bad guys, look like Russia was right all along"? That they'd have opposed their NATO ally Turkey, right when they most need a friendly country on Syria's doorstep? ISHYGDDT
>>
>>4184
>both Russia and the West have been destabilising governments for years now
>"just entering"

Come on anon. Cold war between Russia and the West is the status quo. It existed pre-WWI and, short of Russia's government collapsing again, it's not going away.
>>
>>4187
Yea I agree but atm it isn't really that prominent as it used to be in the postwar era
>>
>>4202
What do you think Ukraine is about?

The reason why things were calmer for a while was that there was a neutral belt between both blocks. But most of those countries have been taken into the western alliance. That's why Russia can't afford to lose that last bit of buffer and why the west is pressing so hard.
>>
>>4205

Can someone tell me why the power lines leading to Crimea got blown up?

Any benefit to it besides further antagonizing people?
>>
>>4210
Putin just flexing his muscle, m8...
>>
>>4212

So he cuts power to the new land he grabbed?
>>
>>4044
>Turkey not second most important military in EU in top 5 in terms of economy

NewmanLookinSmug.png
>>
>>3897
>How will Russia respond?
They'll look like a bitch and hemorrhage more influence as they economically contract. The population will rally around Putin with increasingly great expectations, but without anyone willing to sacrifice for or even not steal from the state.
>>
>>4210
The a significant portion of the locals resent occupation (Tatars) and they're preventing the lines from being repaired. The people that cut the power lines were probably Ukrainian Nationals.

Putin was so fucking retarded to take a peninsula with no direct Russian road or rail connections, without its own electricity, with no domestic economy, surrounded by new enemies that now hate Russia, and in a sea owned by NATO. His "strategic port" is a disaster and he's probably too stupid to even see it.
>>
>>4241
Heheheh.

This is why people laugh, mate.
>>
>>4181
>e according to the Turkish map, around 2 kilometers. When flying at a speed of 980 km/h, an o

Air resistance can probably be assume to be 0 overall
>>
>>4380
No, especially not with an object made to create lift
>>
Question: I was medically discharged from ROTC so I know I can't be drafted, but is there a way I could ever reenlist?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.